Sooners' Stoops Still Hot Over Bad Call

Posted in the Sutherlin Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
David Walker

AOL

#1 Sep 19, 2006
I can"t believe Oregan would accept this victory after knowning the on side kick gave them the game. It should have been the Sooner's ball on the 48.
buck nuts

Montgomery, AL

#2 Sep 20, 2006
David Walker wrote:
I can"t believe Oregan would accept this victory after knowning the on side kick gave them the game. It should have been the Sooner's ball on the 48.
i agree there were some bad calls on the game, but OU's D looked horrible at the same time. they still should be undefeated but man, the big 12 just looks like it's falling apart!!!
go bucks baby!
Understanding Duck fan

Everett, WA

#3 Sep 20, 2006
I sympathize with you OU fans... my Ducks have been on the bad end of calls, too.

However, too much is being made of the onside kick call. The whole game was called terribly. Poor calls (and non calls) led to three OU touchdowns, so it's not like the officiating gave Oregon an advantage.

True, the onside kick call was botched... but in the end, it simply balanced out all the bad calls that went against Oregon.

This game was won and lost by the players, not the refs... and even with the onside kick fiasco, Oklahoma still had ample chances to win, but couldn't.

I would rehash all the blown calls (and non calls) that led to OU touchdowns, but by now, everyone knows which plays I'm referring to, so no need to rehash them again.

I can understand your frustration, but Sooner Nation won't be able to move on from this loss until it owns up to the fact that it didn't lose because of this call. OU lost to what was, on this day, a better team. The more coach Stoops and the OU president dwell on this single, bad call (and that's all it was... just one bad call in a sport frequented by bad calls), the more difficult it will be for the Sooner football team to refocus.

If I were OU fans, I'd be more worried about the reaction of your team's coach than what happened at Autzen. If he keeps this up, Stoops will do far more damage than the loss to Oregon.
Ddh34

Kansas City, MO

#4 Sep 20, 2006
The game needs to be taken out of the record books what a travisty , one of the worst officiating games I ever saw in 30 years.
Jenifer Williams

Oklahoma City, OK

#5 Sep 20, 2006
I absolutely agree, that there is nothing we can do about it now. But it was very wrong, and I agree that pac-10 officials should not be officiating their own home games. We dfinately had that win stolen from us.
Jenifer Williams

Oklahoma City, OK

#6 Sep 20, 2006
Understanding Duck fan wrote:
I sympathize with you OU fans... my Ducks have been on the bad end of calls, too.
However, too much is being made of the onside kick call. The whole game was called terribly. Poor calls (and non calls) led to three OU touchdowns, so it's not like the officiating gave Oregon an advantage.
True, the onside kick call was botched... but in the end, it simply balanced out all the bad calls that went against Oregon.
This game was won and lost by the players, not the refs... and even with the onside kick fiasco, Oklahoma still had ample chances to win, but couldn't.
I would rehash all the blown calls (and non calls) that led to OU touchdowns, but by now, everyone knows which plays I'm referring to, so no need to rehash them again.
I can understand your frustration, but Sooner Nation won't be able to move on from this loss until it owns up to the fact that it didn't lose because of this call. OU lost to what was, on this day, a better team. The more coach Stoops and the OU president dwell on this single, bad call (and that's all it was... just one bad call in a sport frequented by bad calls), the more difficult it will be for the Sooner football team to refocus.
If I were OU fans, I'd be more worried about the reaction of your team's coach than what happened at Autzen. If he keeps this up, Stoops will do far more damage than the loss to Oregon.
Are u kidding!!!?????
Duckfan40

Eugene, OR

#7 Sep 20, 2006
There were bad calls made against both teams, and
it's unfortunate. Either way, I think all the bad calls weighed out equally. If Oklahoma had won the game, the Ducks could may have claimed that the bad calls cost them the game as well.
I think Oklahoma is still an amazing team!
A_D_P

Walnut, IA

#8 Sep 20, 2006
Understanding Duck fan wrote:
no the game was not won and lost by the players the game was won and lost by the refs there was more than one bad call that went oklahomas way your wrong buddy.
A_D_P

Walnut, IA

#9 Sep 20, 2006
Duckfan40 wrote:
There were bad calls made against both teams, and
it's unfortunate. Either way, I think all the bad calls weighed out equally. If Oklahoma had won the game, the Ducks could may have claimed that the bad calls cost them the game as well.
I think Oklahoma is still an amazing team!
no they couldnt have they didnt get screwed over for a game winning situation and i to think that oregon is still an amazing team. Dennis Dixon is a pimp
A_D_P

Walnut, IA

#10 Sep 20, 2006
buck nuts wrote:
<quoted text>i agree there were some bad calls on the game, but OU's D looked horrible at the same time. they still should be undefeated but man, the big 12 just looks like it's falling apart!!!
go bucks baby!
ok your right about one part oklahomas D looked terrible in the first half. get it right the whole second half we dominated.
Quit crying

United States

#11 Sep 20, 2006
The Sooners D dominated the entire second half?!!? You're kidding right?! The Ducks scored two touchdowns in 72 seconds nice D. STFU about the on-side kick. The call was wrong. End of story. Make a kick, play some D. Get over it you whining babies. The PI would have been Defensive Holding if the pass was tipped also. The Oregon reciever was mugged well before the ball was thrown. Football games are never won or lost on one call on one play. When the onside kick happened OU had a 6 point lead!!! The ball was on the 48. MAKE A PLAY!! You people are pathetic the way you whine, and Stoops looks like the biggest baby of all!
Duckfan40

Eugene, OR

#12 Sep 20, 2006
A_D_P wrote:
<quoted text>no they couldnt have they didnt get screwed over for a game winning situation and i to think that oregon is still an amazing team. Dennis Dixon is a pimp
Oklahoma is NOT the first team to lose a game because of a bad calls. Things like this happen in Football. All the whining isn't going to change anything.
And how can you make that judgement about Dennis being a pimp? Whether or not he's a pimp, isn't important, cuz he was played a good football game that lead to a victory!
Bill Fowler

United States

#13 Sep 20, 2006
I agree with President Boren: The officials should be suspended for the duration of the season; the game should not be recorded as either win or lose for either team; PAC 10 needs to hire out-of-conference officals for inter-conference games.
Pragmatic Football Fan

Santa Clara, CA

#14 Sep 20, 2006
President Boren and Coach Stoops are the biggest whiners since Mack Brown. In the alternate reality they apparently prefer where every angle is rigorously recorded, and unlimited time, review and debate are allowed before moving forward with the game after every play; sure they likely would have won the game against Oregon. But in the real world, where we have imperfect people, limited camera angles, limited time to review, and bounded time to debate, bad and wrong calls do happen. They happen all the time. They even happened in that game prior to the point where Coach Stoops and President Boren are choosing to selectively focus their wrath. And that very selectivity, despite being motivated by the high $stakes associated with even a single loss relative to making a BCS bowl game, is why many people outside of the OU and the Big 12 see this more as an issue of whining and being sore losers, than righting some great wrong or injustice (such as systemic recruiting violations ;)
duck fan

Oregon City, OR

#15 Sep 20, 2006
what a game
DUKE

Redmond, WA

#16 Sep 20, 2006
IS $$$$$$ NOW INVOLVED TOO MUCH IN FOOTBALL,ARE GAMES BEING FIXED? ARE OFFICIALS BEING PAID OFF??? EVERYTHING WRONG IN SPORTS HAS STEMED FROM TOO MUCH MONEY.THE T.O.'S ETC ETC.GAMES LIKE THIS MAKE EVERYONE SICK JUST LIKE THE SUPER BOWL,YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT B.S. WILL HAPPEN TODAY ??? THE WORST IS VIDEO REVIEW DOESNT SEEM TO HELP AT ALL THEY ARE STILL BLIND,OVER THINK EVERYTHING AND HAVE NO GUTS TO OVERTURN ANYTHING,SOOOO WHY HAVE IT HMMMMM MUST BE THE $$$$ THEY CANT BE THAT STUPID OR BLIND.
Steelheader

Cottage Grove, OR

#17 Sep 20, 2006
David Walker wrote:
Believe it David. Oregon is on the good side of more bad calls than any other program in the PAC 10. The reason for their good fortune is none other than the Nike Swoosh that is worn by most college progams. I like to call Nike the "University of Oregon Athletic Fund"
You see the founder of Nike, Phil Knight, is a duck alumnus and he writes very large checks to the duck athletic program. I contend that he probably has bought off most of the PAC 10 officials and executives. So, more than likely it wasn't just an accidental bad call and an accidental oversite by the replay official, who by the way lives in Portland, Oregon just minutes from Beaverton, OR home of......Nike. Are you beginning to follow my Logic here?

So, yes I do believe the F%^#^#$ ducks would accept this victory. It's just par for the course for them. Now you see what the rest of the PAC 10 is up against.
totalduck

Aurora, OR

#18 Sep 20, 2006
You Sooners are a bunch of cry babies. The Duck football team didn't do anything but win the game.
Every weekend in college football there are bad calls. No doubt there were some really bad calls in Eugene...some of the bad calls even went in your favor. I'll bet Oklahoma has one a game or two by vurture of bad calls in your past.

PS. The President of your University is the biggest cry baby of them all.
k white

Yorktown, TX

#19 Sep 20, 2006
David Walker wrote:
And when has OU follwed that pattern. Stoops and OU have had several favorable calls that are questionable that determine outcome and Stoops had no problem with the officiating in games like these. PLEASE OU fans and STOOPS GROW UP. Every team has had favorable calls (and OU more than its share) that affect the outcome of a game. Whinners are always such poor sports (fans) and you only play 2 or 3 competitive teams a year (one or two, maybe, in your conference and maybe 1 or 2 out of conference). If you cannot play with the big boys without being a spoiled brat, take your marbles and stay and play in your conference.
k white

Yorktown, TX

#20 Sep 20, 2006
Quit crying wrote:
The Sooners D dominated the entire second half?!!? You're kidding right?! The Ducks scored two touchdowns in 72 seconds nice D. STFU about the on-side kick. The call was wrong. End of story. Make a kick, play some D. Get over it you whining babies. The PI would have been Defensive Holding if the pass was tipped also. The Oregon reciever was mugged well before the ball was thrown. Football games are never won or lost on one call on one play. When the onside kick happened OU had a 6 point lead!!! The ball was on the 48. MAKE A PLAY!! You people are pathetic the way you whine, and Stoops looks like the biggest baby of all!
You are so correct - right on the money re:Stoops too. Stoops has no problems w/officiating that goes his way and helps OU win. OU plays in the conference that has been said 8 or 9 of the teams in the Big 12 could be beaten by good high school teams. So Stoops is not use to playing competitive teams but 2 or 3 times a season. If you can't play with the big boys stay home!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sutherlin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
roseburg blog! you may rant or rave whenever y... (Jan '14) Aug 18 Roseburg Oregon 11
News Wendy G. (Stephens/Lanier) McLane Jul '16 amtbs 1
Sun Shine Taxi. Jun '16 Wymcdo 2
Medical Profession in Douglas County (Jan '13) Jun '16 Roseburg Ron 14
News Obama to Orlando is 9th visit to community vict... Jun '16 DL Hitt 1
Review: R.o.w.e Rowe Organics & Wholesale Equip... (Jul '13) Apr '16 Ommp1956 3
News Pipeline protesters: We're not going away Apr '16 We hate coos bay ... 1

Sutherlin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sutherlin Mortgages