Susanville prison guard attacked at r...

Susanville prison guard attacked at rest stop

There are 47 comments on the Chico Enterprise-Record story from Mar 27, 2009, titled Susanville prison guard attacked at rest stop. In it, Chico Enterprise-Record reports that:

A corrections officer driving to work at High Desert State Prison this morning was reportedly assaulted by up to three men as he paused at a rest stop on Highway 147, near Lake Almanor.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chico Enterprise-Record.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Just flag it

Grass Valley, CA

#4 Mar 27, 2009
Just flag the inappropriate comment like I did and it should disappear eventually. No need to give it any more attention than it deserves.
Just Flag it

Grass Valley, CA

#5 Mar 27, 2009
Just flag it wrote:
Just flag the inappropriate comment like I did and it should disappear eventually. No need to give it any more attention than it deserves.
See? That didn't take long at all.
Peace and Love

United States

#6 Mar 27, 2009
Great rebuttals to my argument, you guys really touched on some good points. Anybody who thinks that a prison guard makes a "honest living" is seriously deranged. The prison system, and it's lazy, slob, moron prison guards are the reasons why California is so in debt.

“Anyone have a breath mint?”

Since: Mar 09

United States

#7 Mar 27, 2009
Peace and Love wrote:
Great rebuttals to my argument, you guys really touched on some good points. Anybody who thinks that a prison guard makes a "honest living" is seriously deranged. The prison system, and it's lazy, slob, moron prison guards are the reasons why California is so in debt.
Yep spoken like a real parolee...
Just Flag it

Grass Valley, CA

#8 Mar 27, 2009
Peace and Love wrote:
Great rebuttals to my argument, you guys really touched on some good points. Anybody who thinks that a prison guard makes a "honest living" is seriously deranged. The prison system, and it's lazy, slob, moron prison guards are the reasons why California is so in debt.
If you had said it this way to begin with, your comment wouldn't have been removed.
Peace and Love

United States

#10 Mar 28, 2009
Again professional sounding arguments from all of you. I commend your intellect. F.Y.I. It is ex-parolee, soon-to-be college graduate. Not like it matters though you have already formed your narrow minded opinions.

“Anyone have a breath mint?”

Since: Mar 09

United States

#11 Mar 28, 2009
Peace and Love wrote:
Again professional sounding arguments from all of you. I commend your intellect. F.Y.I. It is ex-parolee, soon-to-be college graduate. Not like it matters though you have already formed your narrow minded opinions.
Oh and I see you opinions are pretty open minded. Good luck to you, but with the anger you carry in your heart you will never rise above anything.
Wow

Palo Cedro, CA

#12 Mar 29, 2009
Ex-Parolee? Pretty sure it's called 'discharged', can I please have your CDC number so I can look your dumbass up? Someone who goes to work every morning and faces known murderers and rapist and puts his life on the line, thats not an honest living?
Wow

Palo Cedro, CA

#13 Mar 29, 2009
citizen wrote:
Watch your mouth you piece of shit! Your the true scumbag for making a comment like that. That guard makes an honest living. You are the reason our society is so fucked up. Keep you Parolee like comments to yourself you trashy sorry excuse for a human!
Thank you citizen, I would just like to add that we're so far in debt because we pay for pieces of sh*t like yourself medical and your education, lemme guess...you got your g.e.d. while incarcerated? Yup...we paid for that!
Peace and Love

United States

#14 Mar 29, 2009
You can't get a G.E.D. unless you are doing more than 2-5 years. Most places don't even offer the program. For as inhumane and overcrowded that place is, everyone who doesn't come out a cold blooded criminal should get an award. Try to know a little bit about what you are talking about. This world has a lot of problems and the way we lock people up is one of them. The prison system does nothing to stop the problems, and is proven to actually make crime worse. It is an expensive burden that decreases the quality of life for all of us. Half of those people could get let out and the world would still be just as safe.
Peace and Love

United States

#15 Mar 29, 2009
Wow wrote:
Ex-Parolee? Pretty sure it's called 'discharged', can I please have your CDC number so I can look your **** up? Someone who goes to work every morning and faces known murderers and rapist and puts his life on the line, thats not an honest living?
Prison isn't full of murderers and rapists. I bet they actually make up a small minority. The majority of the people in there are normal people who made a few bad choices and are now paying dearly for them
been there

Dunnigan, CA

#16 Mar 29, 2009
Peace and Love wrote:
Again professional sounding arguments from all of you. I commend your intellect. F.Y.I. It is ex-parolee, soon-to-be college graduate. Not like it matters though you have already formed your narrow minded opinions.
How is the vote thing going?
Wife of an Officer

Yuma, AZ

#17 Mar 31, 2009
My husband goes to work everyday, and he loves his job. He enjoys interacting with most inmates, he respects them and they respect him. Most live very well in prison, fed three times a day and a place to sleep, Oh and health care and dental. That is better care then most working americans. All inmates are there because of the choices they made in life, and some need to be there FOREVER. The prison system does the best they can!! And remember my husband walks the toughest beat in California... I know most all of you would take that job in a second, but most of you are not skilled enough to make it through school. Get a life parolee.
Peace and Love

United States

#18 Apr 2, 2009
You are pretty stupid lady. Free dental, food is nothing when you are faced with the fact that every day might be your last. Not only is there the fear of being murdered, the fear of being badly beaten, stabbed, pepper sprayed, jumped, etc are on your mind constantly. All it takes it being in the wrong place at the wrong time, or someone mixing you up for someone else, or just looking at someone. Even though there is health care many people die due to the lack of accessibility to it. Disease and sickness are rampant in prison. The prisoners sleep on torn up, blood and semen stained terrible excuses for beds. Due to the way people are treated in prison mental illness among prisoners is rising. Prisons should be for the people that do deserve to be there forever, (murderers, rapists, republicans,) not to be a thug training camp so that a corrupt union can have job security at the tax payers expense. Get off the crack lady.
TSQ

Grass Valley, CA

#19 Apr 2, 2009
Peace and Love wrote:
You are pretty stupid lady. Free dental, food is nothing when you are faced with the fact that every day might be your last. Not only is there the fear of being murdered, the fear of being badly beaten, stabbed, pepper sprayed, jumped, etc are on your mind constantly. All it takes it being in the wrong place at the wrong time, or someone mixing you up for someone else, or just looking at someone. Even though there is health care many people die due to the lack of accessibility to it. Disease and sickness are rampant in prison. The prisoners sleep on torn up, blood and semen stained terrible excuses for beds. Due to the way people are treated in prison mental illness among prisoners is rising. Prisons should be for the people that do deserve to be there forever,(murderers, rapists, republicans,) not to be a thug training camp so that a corrupt union can have job security at the tax payers expense. Get off the crack lady.
I don't know the prison system well enough to have a good answer to this question but maybe you do or can help me out with this, or perhaps others can, too. Do you think it would be feasible to create more "minimum security prisons" (I use that term loosely because I don't know the textbook definition of it) where non-violent prisoners could be imprisoned to serve their time where the likelihood of inter-prisoner violence would be lower than in a prison which contains both violent and non-violent offenders? Would part of the "prison problem" be improved by better distinguishing between violent and non-violent prisoners and imprisoning them in separate institutions? I know that this is just one of many prison reforms that are possible, but what do you think of this? Is it feasible? How might it work? Thank you.
Stuck in Paradise

Firebaugh, CA

#20 Apr 2, 2009
Peace and Love wrote:
You are pretty stupid lady. Free dental, food is nothing when you are faced with the fact that every day might be your last. Not only is there the fear of being murdered, the fear of being badly beaten, stabbed, pepper sprayed, jumped, etc are on your mind constantly. All it takes it being in the wrong place at the wrong time, or someone mixing you up for someone else, or just looking at someone. Even though there is health care many people die due to the lack of accessibility to it. Disease and sickness are rampant in prison. The prisoners sleep on torn up, blood and semen stained terrible excuses for beds. Due to the way people are treated in prison mental illness among prisoners is rising. Prisons should be for the people that do deserve to be there forever,(murderers, rapists, republicans,) not to be a thug training camp so that a corrupt union can have job security at the tax payers expense. Get off the crack lady.
Then perhaps one shouldn't engage in activites that would cause them to be sent to prison in the first place. Whatever happened to accountability?
TSQ

Grass Valley, CA

#21 Apr 2, 2009
Stuck in Paradise wrote:
<quoted text>
Then perhaps one shouldn't engage in activites that would cause them to be sent to prison in the first place. Whatever happened to accountability?
Do you think a nonviolent offender should be brutalized physically and violently in prison? Is that really acceptable to you if it can be prevented? Why would you possibly condone something like that?
Stuck in Paradise

Firebaugh, CA

#22 Apr 2, 2009
TSQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think a nonviolent offender should be brutalized physically and violently in prison? Is that really acceptable to you if it can be prevented? Why would you possibly condone something like that?
No, I don't feel anyone should be brutalized, regardless of what type of offense got them in there in the first place. What I meant was, in response to the person complaining about prison conditions, maybe they shouldn't engage in the activites that get them sent to prison in the first place.
CO Lover

Coeur D Alene, ID

#23 Apr 2, 2009
Wow somebody is attacked and all people can say is that he deserved it. That man gets up everyday and goes to a place were he has to take care of adults that are most of the time piece or shits. those of you that are on here writing bad things about officers are probably 40 year olds using mommys computers because you cant afford your own because you are an ex-con and who would want to hire you? to call our men lazy is just funny considering that most Inmates stay in prison and find reasons to go back because they cant handle the real world having to get a job and paying child support is just way to hard for them so they go to prison where there medical, dental, education and food is paid for. All of you who are on team I/M need to take a step back and look at your life and maybe go jump of a bridge.
TSQ

Grass Valley, CA

#24 Apr 2, 2009
Stuck in Paradise wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I don't feel anyone should be brutalized, regardless of what type of offense got them in there in the first place. What I meant was, in response to the person complaining about prison conditions, maybe they shouldn't engage in the activites that get them sent to prison in the first place.
I know what you are saying but the way you phrased it almost implies that you endorse the kind of treatment that P+L says he (I assume) experienced in prison. He was apparently a non-violent offender (I take from past posts and it is implied here in the post you respond to) and that he was describing the horrible conditions he and other nonviolent offenders faced in prison. He has also said that many of the people who are in prison are nonviolent offenders (we can debate the percentages involved if we have the statistics), so what you are saying is that he more or less deserves inhumane treatment in prison (or the fear of it every day) because he made a nonviolent mistake in society. Maybe you did not mean to say that, but that is how I interpreted it. Something like: "Sorry, buddy, you commited a nonviolent crime so you end up in a place where you could be brutalized at almost any given moment" (although you did not state it that starkly, of course). If I am wrong about what you meant then I apologize. Thanks for responding to my question. I appreciate it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Susanville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News TOM HENNESSY: Time to let prisoner, a WWII POW,... (Sep '09) Feb '17 Raceangel24 102
UCLA Racist Professor Jonathan Zasloff (Jan '17) Jan '17 Taylor 1
News Riot involving 100 prisoners rocks California p... (Dec '16) Dec '16 Birds Landing Bob 5
Susanville Ca Prison Hole (Nov '16) Nov '16 Anonymous 1
News Wallin-Reed guilty of first-degree murder - Ful... (Oct '13) Oct '16 carby 112
Ann Louise Cupcakes (Sep '16) Sep '16 Curious 1
News Victims of apparent triple homicide identified (Jul '08) Aug '16 Itzmealwayz 52

Susanville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Susanville Mortgages