State prison guard arrested for false crime reports

A corrections officer at High Desert State Prison in Susanville was arrested by the Plumas County Sheriff's Office Thursday on suspicion of filing two false police reports. Full Story
erroronpage

Chico, CA

#1 Feb 6, 2010
probably will get a promotion

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#2 Feb 6, 2010
I have met a lot of concerned and astute although intolerant correctional officers. After sleeping on this what I come up with is that this man is someone who has gotten into trouble over his head in other maters involving his supervisors. He has been it seems to me used and abused by someone and seems to be striking out in an attempt to ask for help without pointing fingers.

“Truth, so be it!”

Since: Jan 10

Ripon, CA, Kahana, Maui

#3 Feb 6, 2010
stephens1949...that is a very interesting theory about Posche being "abused by superiors" and not pointing fingers. Something few would consider.

The funny thing is, your theory "feels right" as due to other correctional officers statements this is completely out of character for Posche.

I just hope the truth comes out whether your theory is correct or not. Many injuries, due to interrogation methods, can be made to look self inflicted through forensics.

Having the ability to "self inflict" broken ribs is something I don't believe very many people have the fortitude to do.

Blessings of Peace,
frank

Anderson, CA

#4 Feb 6, 2010
I graduated from the same high school as Todd and he was my neighbor when we were kids. I just can't believe this story, and wonder how this could have happened. I hope there is some explaination for all of this. The story is completely out of character for the Todd I've known.

Since: Feb 10

Greenville, CA

#5 Feb 6, 2010
I have worked in Corrections for 23 years. I did not know Todd Posch personally. However, every co-worker who knew or worked with Mr. Posch to a "T" never had anything except high praise for the man. I do not know why Mr. Posch allegedly did the deeds he is accused of. I do feel that Mr. Posch will be punished by the system. He will pay for his deeds as well as his wife and children. Mr. Posch is already carrying a heavy burden that we need not add to. I can see from reading other comments that there are many seemingly envious people who are finding glee in Mr. Posch's fall from grace. If there are any out there who have not sinned, let them cast the first stone. I would have to throw mine down. Correctional Officers are just like you. Working people trying to get by. They have flaws just as you and I. I feel nothing but compassion for Mr. Posch and his family. May your thoughts and prayers reflect kindness, not mockery and scorn. Mr. Posch is not the first prison employee I have seen cross the line nor will he be the last. We have no idea what burdens Mr. Posch carried, and would not unless we had walked in his shoes. May grace, kindness and love be with Mr. Posch and his family.
roflmao

Chico, CA

#7 Feb 6, 2010
You know what bothers me the most this guy is in charge of watching inmates, how do we know every time he wrote someone up he wasn't exaggerating the truth or just making it up all together?

I would like to know how many altercations he has had while working at HDSP.
caine

Chico, CA

#8 Feb 6, 2010
Old Guard 58 wrote:
I have worked in Corrections for 23 years. I did not know Todd Posch personally. However, every co-worker who knew or worked with Mr. Posch to a "T" never had anything except high praise for the man. I do not know why Mr. Posch allegedly did the deeds he is accused of. I do feel that Mr. Posch will be punished by the system. He will pay for his deeds as well as his wife and children. Mr. Posch is already carrying a heavy burden that we need not add to. I can see from reading other comments that there are many seemingly envious people who are finding glee in Mr. Posch's fall from grace. If there are any out there who have not sinned, let them cast the first stone. I would have to throw mine down. Correctional Officers are just like you. Working people trying to get by. They have flaws just as you and I. I feel nothing but compassion for Mr. Posch and his family. May your thoughts and prayers reflect kindness, not mockery and scorn. Mr. Posch is not the first prison employee I have seen cross the line nor will he be the last. We have no idea what burdens Mr. Posch carried, and would not unless we had walked in his shoes. May grace, kindness and love be with Mr. Posch and his family.
this guy is scum-quit making excuses for him--the "green wall" is in trying its best to make OK this clowns actions--i KNOW greed is behind this -why dont you admit it & move on
caine

Chico, CA

#9 Feb 6, 2010
Old Guard 58 wrote:
I have worked in Corrections for 23 years. I did not know Todd Posch personally. However, every co-worker who knew or worked with Mr. Posch to a "T" never had anything except high praise for the man. I do not know why Mr. Posch allegedly did the deeds he is accused of. I do feel that Mr. Posch will be punished by the system. He will pay for his deeds as well as his wife and children. Mr. Posch is already carrying a heavy burden that we need not add to. I can see from reading other comments that there are many seemingly envious people who are finding glee in Mr. Posch's fall from grace. If there are any out there who have not sinned, let them cast the first stone. I would have to throw mine down. Correctional Officers are just like you. Working people trying to get by. They have flaws just as you and I. I feel nothing but compassion for Mr. Posch and his family. May your thoughts and prayers reflect kindness, not mockery and scorn. Mr. Posch is not the first prison employee I have seen cross the line nor will he be the last. We have no idea what burdens Mr. Posch carried, and would not unless we had walked in his shoes. May grace, kindness and love be with Mr. Posch and his family.
--dirtbag-23 yrs in corrections doesnt give you insight-you act like god is on your side
caine

Chico, CA

#10 Feb 6, 2010
stephens1949 wrote:
I have met a lot of concerned and astute although intolerant correctional officers. After sleeping on this what I come up with is that this man is someone who has gotten into trouble over his head in other maters involving his supervisors. He has been it seems to me used and abused by someone and seems to be striking out in an attempt to ask for help without pointing fingers.
dont speculate--how about some facts--ITS ALWAYS SOMEONE ELSES FAULT--RIGHT!!!!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#11 Feb 7, 2010
No it is not always someone elses fault. Facts would help of course. But until we get them, all of them all we can do is speculate. Every point needs to be determined if and whether it is a fact and relative to the issue, something like that anyway. Then as facts come in room for speculation becomes limited. But to not speculate using our life's experiences would be like not asking any questions. Something like that. Everyone around this fellow needs to be looked at with suspicion, The issues at hand are not moot. He is a human being and we all need to respect one another.
Rod T

Mt Meadows Area, CA

#12 Feb 7, 2010
I have know Todd, and his family for over 30 years, and this is totally out of character for him. Please don't jump to conclusions until all the facts come out. I hope he gets the help he needs to get back to real life soon. He's a good man and obviously needs some help.
Friendofposch

Gabbs, NV

#13 Feb 7, 2010
I have known Todd and his family for over ten years,this disturbs me deeply. I hope and pray for him and his family to get through this. Todd has given so much to his community. I hope the community stands with him instead of tossing him under the bus. I know my family and I stand in support of Todd in every way. no one should judge before they know all the facts
Maybe

Mt Meadows Area, CA

#14 Feb 7, 2010
Stephens 1949's theory about Todd Porch covering up and being in over his head: Stephens you say you slept on it and then came up with this theory; I think you are still dreaming. Felbain finds your theory interesting, and says self-inflicted broken ribs takes fortitude. Since fortitude is defined as courage. I am baffled about where courage comes into this. It is bizarre for sure. While many comment they knew Todd and this is out of character. Most psychotic breaks are out of character. In a psychotic break one could break their ribs, and have delusions about being attacked. I really hope Todd gets a full evaluation for his state of mind. Maybe that will happen when he is sentenced to Vacaville State Prison (that is the psy/med facility isn't it?)
friend of family

Mt Meadows Area, CA

#15 Feb 7, 2010
todd was the football coach at my school an i think that todd didnt like his job and he wanted early retirement so he figgured that if he was assaulted while in uniforn he would get to retire.
missing the point

Plumas Ntl Forest, CA

#16 Mar 25, 2010
why are we talking about why and pointing fingers than trying to offer help? who cares why! Is it not enough that he is in need?
jail

Grass Valley, CA

#17 Mar 26, 2010
missing the point wrote:
why are we talking about why and pointing fingers than trying to offer help? who cares why! Is it not enough that he is in need?
Yes he is in need of some serious jail time.
Joe_Public

Sacramento, CA

#18 Mar 26, 2010
caine wrote:
<quoted text> dont speculate--how about some facts--ITS ALWAYS SOMEONE ELSES FAULT--RIGHT!!!!
Do you have any facts that would further support the story or are you just a hateful little twerp who believes everything he reads?
NoSympathyHere

Mt Meadows Area, CA

#19 Mar 27, 2010
Its not about what we read its about what he admitted to!!!!! He is a piece of **** Its not like he had it hard at HDSP because he was always catered to and given all the gravy jobs, he just got greedy and wanted more. It all comes around!!!HA
pride in the badge

Mt Meadows Area, CA

#20 Mar 31, 2010
Yes, I do think he is at fault and needs to be punished appropriately. But, the worst thing he did was tarnish the badge. He forgot he is part of something bigger then himself. Everytime one falls, we all suffer.
I have been a street cop for some time and know we are all human and suffer from our faults, but if we remember we are to hold ourselves to a higher standard, not because we are better, but because we represent so many that have taken an oath to serve and protect, maybe we can take a second before we act.
I do have sympathy, but not towards Todd. I do towards his family and all Officers that have suffered while wearing the badge, because of wearing the badge.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Susanville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ashley Judd: I Might Run For Office 'Some Day' Jan 20 TheAfroHedgehog 1
Wallin-Reed guilty of first-degree murder - Ful... (Oct '13) Jan 16 AboveAverageAmerican 76
Tessa Riddel Jan 15 Riverfree 1
Herlong Satellite Camp (Oct '10) Jan 3 jamie99 2
4.6-magnitude earthquake in Nevada on November 4 Nov '14 Vegas 1
State sues to revoke Sunwest license, exclude t... (May '07) Nov '14 Latest Casualty 2,513
Herlong Lockdown July/August 2014 (Jul '14) Oct '14 FriosLuv 31
Susanville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Susanville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:04 am PST