Bicycle involved accident
Turtletown

Jefferson City, TN

#1 Oct 16, 2012
Does anyone know about a wreck that involved a bicycle around 11 today? I passed by before medics arrived and it didn't look good..
cyclist

Conover, NC

#2 Oct 16, 2012
Where did it happen? Was it an older style red bike?
Turtletown

Jefferson City, TN

#3 Oct 16, 2012
cyclist wrote:
Where did it happen? Was it an older style red bike?
it was gettin on 11e from downtown Greeneville going towards Johnson city. All I could see was a person and a mangled bike.
Meek

Antioch, TN

#4 Oct 16, 2012
That's horrible
theangryguy

Athens, TN

#5 Oct 16, 2012
These dumbass drivers don't have any respect for anyone on bicycles or the ones walking! You got retards that will yell out to you and some prick that will honk, these f**kers are going to be surprised soon!
Just me

Antioch, TN

#6 Oct 16, 2012
Dangerous out there
Strike

Elizabeth, NJ

#7 Oct 16, 2012
I agree, people need to pay attention when driving. Idiots talking on the phone, texting, eating, etc. are dangerous, especially to cyclist. I ride some and have also had the people yelling and swerving like they are trying to hit me. Recently I also had a kid throw a glass bottle from a moving car and they came back in the other direction about a minute later to throw something else. I have started carrying a handgun when I ride and I am a great shot. Next time something is thrown that can kill me, better hope I don't get a shot off.

“Listen, Think, Speak.”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#8 Oct 16, 2012
Strike wrote:
I agree, people need to pay attention when driving. Idiots talking on the phone, texting, eating, etc. are dangerous, especially to cyclist. I ride some and have also had the people yelling and swerving like they are trying to hit me. Recently I also had a kid throw a glass bottle from a moving car and they came back in the other direction about a minute later to throw something else. I have started carrying a handgun when I ride and I am a great shot. Next time something is thrown that can kill me, better hope I don't get a shot off.
How ironic, almost the same exact thing happened to me not long after I moved here. Kid threw a glass bottle at me from a moving car then they turned around and actually tried to run over me! Now I ride/run at Tusculum to be on the safe side. They must get together and discuss this nonsense...maybe keep tally of how many cyclists they can hit with objects in a day.

Anyway, hope the person involved in the accident is okay. I hate to hear about things like this especially when they're usually completely avoidable.
Look out

Antioch, TN

#9 Oct 17, 2012
I always carry my gun with me on my bike. Try to run me off the road, you better get you some bullet proof glass.
more mouth than fat hog

United States

#10 Oct 17, 2012
Look out wrote:
I always carry my gun with me on my bike. Try to run me off the road, you better get you some bullet proof glass.
like you would hav time to get it out of your pocket and aim and shoot youd don be a greasey spot heres your sign you fn idiot

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Surgoinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
State Representative 2 min Just Saying 32
ALERT -Lords prayer CHANGED 3 min Leonardo 7
Sex (Feb '11) 4 min Cy Hawk 39
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 13 min Princess Hey 10,012
no 17 min Leonardo 85
Condemned house 19 min Watchout 5
Pharmacy Service 26 min Moses 3

Surgoinsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Surgoinsville Mortgages