Old Hickory, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2012

Judged:

72-7 seems fair.not.They have lost a few so they figured they would run the score up to make them selves feel better.
yep

Old Hickory, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2012

Dont seem fair to me.Thats how GHS rolls.Lets see how they feel when it happens to them.
they suck

Old Hickory, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2012

Judged:

Greeneville Devils have been and always will be unsportsman like pos
GetAClue

Elizabethton, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2012

Judged:

Greeneville had some Freshman in the game with 2 minutes left in the second quarter. Greeneville played everyone tonight. They weren't trying to run up the score. If Greeneville was trying to run up the score, then you would know it. They could have easily beaten SG by 100 points or more, but they were extremely nice by taking it eaay on them and not playing the starters very much at all.

SG is young, and they will get better. I wish them luck. But, it isn't Greeneville's fault that SG couldn't stop the starters, the second string, the third string or even the forth string. Greeneville played almost entirely Freshmen and Sophomores the entire second half. As a coach, that is all you can do. I guess Greeneville could have taken a knee everytime, but I highly doubt SG would have wanted that. SG has too much pride for that. You play the game out, and you try to get better. Again, Greeneville played their Freshmen a ton in this game. Why? Because it was a complete mismatch and that was the classy thing to do.

It is really a shame that Greeneville showed class tonight by not running up the score, but there are people who are so clueless that they still want to bash them.

Did you see the Jamboree between these two teams? Greeneville was up 28-0 in one quarter. They had the ball on the 5 yard line with a chance to go ahead 35-0, yet they just let the clock run out and the jamboree ended. Does that sound like a classless team?

Here is a lesson for you. The score doesn't always tell the whole story!
GetAClue

Elizabethton, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2012

That should say "Greeneville had some Freshman in the game with 7 minutes left in the second quarter".
Too Bad

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2012

Judged:

Sad to see the negativity toward GHS, but they have asked for it.
Hmm

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2012

Judged:

Go figure SG, will complain no matter what happens.
TRUTH

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2012

Judged:

Take some responsibility, South Greene. You just suck!!
SGALUM

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2012

Judged:

This was honestly the worst game I've ever seen by the way Sg played they deserved to be humiliated! Sg is terrified to hit somebody and it obviously shows. I have never seen a running back come around the side and the defense run away! It was truly a joke. But I guess a team is only as good as there coach. If Sg would learn to quit worrying about getting dirty or making someone mad by trying to hit somebody maybe the score wouldn't be 72-7. Sg is a joke I hate to say that but until they get a real coach nothing will change.. but for greeneville I never heard one negative word said toward Sg. And must say the band was definitely the best part

“I've Always Been This Stupid”

Since: May 12

Greeneville TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2012

Judged:

I seem to remember back in the mid-90's when South Greene was very good that they beat a few teams by 50 or 60 points. Amazing how people forget that when the tables are turned.
South Greene is young and technically a 1A team. This game was a mismatch to begin with. There is nothing Greeneville could do about it. Im sure it would have been a slap in the face for Greeneville to take a knee everytime.
Not A Fan

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2012

Judged:

classy-not wrote:
72-7 seems fair.not.They have lost a few so they figured they would run the score up to make them selves feel better.
This whole rivalry thing has gotten out of hand. These two teams are the biggest mis-match I have ever seen. Greeneville has no business playing SG, that is why there is a rating system based on school size. This rating system has not been followed in this case for years just to satisfy some long-standing rivalry. It's ludicrous that the school officials and fans seem to salivate over sending in a young team like SG to the slaughter by a team like GVL made up of a bunch of "recruited" players. I understand this is the last time these teams will play each other because they decided to apply the rules for next year??? I am elated. Meanwhile, SG is left with no seniors to play right now because of injuries last night. We are talking about minors, not the NFL. What is wrong with people around here?
getitright

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2012

Judged:

I love how people try to act like they know everything on here. Classifications based on enrollment size are set every 4 years. The last time it was set south Greene west Greene chuckey doak and greeneville were all in the same bracket for classification size. When the classifications are redone at the end of this season south Greene will probably move down and be with north Greene in the mountain east conference. If you want to talk about a team having to play unmatched....north Greene plays all 3 county schools just because it's a "county" game
OH NO

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2012

Judged:

Way to go Greeneville so glad you won the game. South Greene has do nothing but talk and give Greeneville down the road for everything they do, I would have went to a 100 to 7. It is nothing but jealousy SG has alwys been that way . I'm glad they are they are changing the classification next yr, maybe they will be satisfy
funny

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2012

Judged:

OH NO wrote:
Way to go Greeneville so glad you won the game. South Greene has do nothing but talk and give Greeneville down the road for everything they do, I would have went to a 100 to 7. It is nothing but jealousy SG has alwys been that way . I'm glad they are they are changing the classification next yr, maybe they will be satisfy
Lets see how Greeneville does next friday,bet the results wont be the same.Alcoa will destroy them and it wont matter that greeneville has 13 coaches and Scott Niswongers millions.Period
Good Point

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2012

classy-not wrote:
Says a lot more about character than athletic ability.
Sad

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2012

GetAClue wrote:
That should say "Greeneville had some Freshman in the game with 7 minutes left in the second quarter".
Exactly....ran the score up to prove... what? Devils are the greatest...way to go coach..you're the man.
Cheese for your whine

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2012

Judged:

Love to hear the rednecks chime in about sportsmanship and character now that SGHS is on the receiving end.

Where was the concern about sportsmanship and character when Larry Neal Ricker's girls teams where winning by 40 or 50 points and still running a full-court press with his starters? Seems like we often heard the excuse about just getting them ready for the playoffs or some other garbage.

Face it, he did the same crap that you are now whining about. THe only difference is that GHS had their 2nd and third team in before halftime.
Hmm

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2012

funny wrote:
<quoted text>Lets see how Greeneville does next friday,bet the results wont be the same.Alcoa will destroy them and it wont matter that greeneville has 13 coaches and Scott Niswongers millions.Period
They definitly will not lose by 65 points!
Typical

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2012

Judged:

Can't take responsibility, so you try and justify the actions based upon earlier wrongs. That's even less classy than the football team.
Cheese for your whine wrote:
Love to hear the rednecks chime in about sportsmanship and character now that SGHS is on the receiving end.
Where was the concern about sportsmanship and character when Larry Neal Ricker's girls teams where winning by 40 or 50 points and still running a full-court press with his starters? Seems like we often heard the excuse about just getting them ready for the playoffs or some other garbage.
Face it, he did the same crap that you are now whining about. THe only difference is that GHS had their 2nd and third team in before halftime.
heeler

Gallatin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2012

What do you buncha cry baby SG fans want greeneville to do? They played their freshman for three quarters of the game. Guess they could have put pads on the band or maybe the cheerleaders would have been more competive against you!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of122
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Surgoinsville Discussions

Search the Surgoinsville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
HAWK wife beating OK under SHARIA LAW/conservat... 8 min Lovehawk 31
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 15 min Irving 138,577
Obama: The first six years 27 min ANOTHER REPUBLICAN 11
Best Antique Shops in Greeneville? 27 min _Word Woman_ 24
Tara Dixon (Apr '11) 38 min alexis dixon 34
DELFASCO to pay OBAMAwage 21k 47 min curious 3
Prisilla in Camp Creek? 53 min one pissed wifey 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Surgoinsville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000