Comments
30,521 - 30,540 of 59,097 Comments Last updated 41 min ago

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#31686 Jan 4, 2013
emlu wrote:
<quoted text>I thought the same thing. Things will get better as soon as the details are worked out, it won't be long.
I BELIEVE!

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#31687 Jan 4, 2013
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
And it is painfully obvious you regurgitate all msnbc and Rachel Madcow talking points. So again, your union qualifications are what again?
Rachel Maddow has forgotten more about politics than you will ever know.

Location hidden

#31688 Jan 4, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Rachel Maddow has forgotten more about politics than you will ever know.
I don't doubt that, most people don't remember what they read from a teleprompter!

Location hidden

#31689 Jan 4, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>I don't doubt that, most people don't remember what they read from a teleprompter!
She mastered that from watching Ronald Reagan, the all time master of the teleprompter.

Location hidden

#31690 Jan 4, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
She mastered that from watching Ronald Reagan, the all time master of the teleprompter.
I can provide videos of many speeches Reagan made, including IMO his best speech at the '64 RNC, without a teleprompter, can you say the same about Obama? No! Hell, even Sarah Palin gave her best speech at the '08 RNC without the use of a teleprompter! Can you say this about Obama? Again, No.

Location hidden

#31691 Jan 4, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Has Rachel Maddow even gave a speech with or without a teleprompter worth listening to? Again, no!

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

#31692 Jan 4, 2013
They all use teleprompters folks.
TSF

Kenly, NC

#31693 Jan 4, 2013
Qualification--Former member of AFL-CIO IBEW. Just because you came from a far doesn't make you a wise man. You know as little about unions as you know about accounting. All your information is from talking heads. You are sooo FOS. You must be a Braweeehill man.
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
And it is painfully obvious you regurgitate all msnbc and Rachel Madcow talking points. So again, your union qualifications are what again?

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

#31694 Jan 4, 2013
What is a "Braweeehill"?

Location hidden

#31695 Jan 4, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>I can provide videos of many speeches Reagan made, including IMO his best speech at the '64 RNC, without a teleprompter, can you say the same about Obama? No! Hell, even Sarah Palin gave her best speech at the '08 RNC without the use of a teleprompter! Can you say this about Obama? Again, No.
Yes, produce one with proof that he is not using a telepromter.
creegah

United States

#31696 Jan 4, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Ronald Reagan has the distinction of being the only American President who was declared legally dead while in office.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

#31697 Jan 4, 2013
Pro.....even a nitwit like Palin can give a few off the cuff remarks that sound decent...it was all the other stupid remarks she made on a continuous basis that hurt the GOP ticket....Hitler was a great orator....I wouldn't vote for him....Kennedy and Reagan were good speakers..What's your point? Even a nut like me is good in front of a crowd, it just energizes me.

“ We are not permanent”

Since: Oct 08

Gaston County

#31698 Jan 4, 2013
TSF wrote:
<quoted text>You are just brainwashed against worker unions by the likes of Braweeehill and the furniture manufacturer's union (association). You have not a clue about how unions really operate and the services they provide to workers and their employers. You probably now believe that Mormon is not a cult just because Twitt opposed raising capital gains taxes. You believe everything the republikan talking heads like Rush Oxycodone Limbaugh tells you.
Remember old Rush railing against drugs and druggies and then he gets busted for drugs?
Take is from someone who knows firsthand. The days where Unions were "needed" are gone.

Just ask the 18K Hostess employees what they think of the union.

Hostess filed for bankruptcy in January 2012 and the top execs were receiving $1 annually to keep the doors open. Hostess lost $341 million in the fiscal year 2011. The money for the compensation that the bakery union wanted simply wasn’t there. Even the Teamsters union looked at Hostess’ books and acknowledged that the only way to keep the operation afloat would have been for workers to accept lower compensation.

The bakery union lost sight of an important truth understood by Samuel Gompers, the founder of the American Federal of Labor, over a century ago. He understood that what workers need is a company that operates at a profit.

A more important question is why do the union members that did strike and lost their jobs continue to think they are entitled to anything extra. I would even question giving them unemployment.

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#31699 Jan 4, 2013
TSF wrote:
Qualification--Former member of AFL-CIO IBEW. Just because you came from a far doesn't make you a wise man. You know as little about unions as you know about accounting. All your information is from talking heads. You are sooo FOS. You must be a Braweeehill man.
<quoted text>
What Local?

Location hidden

#31700 Jan 4, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
Pro.....even a nitwit like Palin can give a few off the cuff remarks that sound decent...it was all the other stupid remarks she made on a continuous basis that hurt the GOP ticket....Hitler was a great orator....I wouldn't vote for him....Kennedy and Reagan were good speakers..What's your point? Even a nut like me is good in front of a crowd, it just energizes me.
Yeah but I would vote for you!:)
TSF

Kenly, NC

#31701 Jan 4, 2013
Cabbage head pronunciation of Broyhill (the furniture sweatshop group that used to encourage high schoolers to quit school and devote their lives to slave wages.).
waco1909 wrote:
What is a "Braweeehill"?
TSF

Kenly, NC

#31703 Jan 4, 2013
Yes, that was the one where she claimed she could see Russia from Wassilla , AK.
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>I can provide videos of many speeches Reagan made, including IMO his best speech at the '64 RNC, without a teleprompter, can you say the same about Obama? No! Hell, even Sarah Palin gave her best speech at the '08 RNC without the use of a teleprompter! Can you say this about Obama? Again, No.

Location hidden

#31704 Jan 4, 2013
creegah wrote:
<quoted text>Ronald Reagan has the distinction of being the only American President who was declared legally dead while in office.
And he proved their point through the rest of his administration.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

#31705 Jan 4, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah but I would vote for you!:)
Haaaa!:)

Location hidden

#31706 Jan 4, 2013
TSF wrote:
Cabbage head pronunciation of Broyhill (the furniture sweatshop group that used to encourage high schoolers to quit school and devote their lives to slave wages.).
<quoted text>
I think in Lenoir where their Corporate Office was, they are converting it into a 5 tier church and skating rink with a Hannah's BBQ in the lobby.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Surf City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Horror Aug 23 Harem 1
UFO over Ocean Isle? Aug 23 Tigercanes 1
Review: Air Medic Air Duct Cleaning (Dec '13) Aug 22 Jessie 2
Workshop to address Sneads Ferry's future Aug 20 Keep Surf City Small 1
Cumming to town Jun '14 Yes 2
Walmart Neighborhood Market opens in Surf City May '14 jimmy skinner 1
Surf City may get Wal-Mart store (Aug '08) Nov '13 local 8
•••
•••
•••