Review: Aces On 29th Inc

Posted in the Superior Forum

Haley

Dearborn, MI

#1 Feb 27, 2009
Aces on 29th is the worst restaurant I've ever been to, the food isn't great and way over-priced. At one point the head cook came out of the kitchen and it looked like he belonged in a homeless shelter not a head cook of a restaurant, and later on that night he was seen drinking at the bar, and seemed to be quite intoxicated when he left which doesn't give a very good impression either
Kathleen

Superior, WI

#2 Apr 1, 2009
I love the Aces in Superior! The new menu is great and best of all, it is a "No Smoking" establishment. The soup, salad and sandwiches are priced right, serving size is big and I have never tasted anything I didn't like. Give it a try. I'm not the only one, the place is getting very busy! Managers and owners come out to talk and make it very special and personable.
JRod

Duluth, MN

#3 Jan 1, 2010
Pretty much the worst restaurant I've ever been to. I was left with the impression that the management really doesn't care about creating a quality dining experience, just creating the illusion of it. It falls far short.
JRod

Duluth, MN

#4 Jan 1, 2010
To clarify; I have only been there twice, so your experience may be better than mine. I hope they turn things around, because the place really does have a nice layout.
Kip

Superior, WI

#5 Jun 11, 2010
They are under staffed, and dont seem to mind that their customers do alot of waiting....
The food and drinks are both higher priced. Ive been happy with the food at times...and at other times not. The decor is nice, thats about it.
Ryan N

Duluth, MN

#6 Sep 1, 2010
Good place to go for the drink specials, and the wings are awesome and super inexpensive. So, far Ive liked eveything else Ive tried too. Nice place to hang out, good atmosphere.
Leila

Duluth, MN

#7 Jan 17, 2011
The worst service we have ever gotten anywhere and the management does not care. Most of us got the wrong orders, had to ask 3 times for our beverages and we had to get our own napkins and silverware... We even found a hair in the food...
Jeremy

Duluth, MN

#8 May 3, 2011
Within the past few months the places has really turned around. For everyone who had a poor experience, I highly reccomend you try it again. The service has gotten better, they are now under new management, and the food is amazing. All with keeping prices low and gread weekly specials.
Doug and Becky

Duluth, MN

#9 Jun 7, 2011
This place did a 360, new drink and food menu, new chef, new manager! All of it great! Best prices in town! We now come here twice a week because the customer service is top notch! Never been here? You're missing out.
Jim

Duluth, MN

#10 Jun 26, 2012
It's taken sometime but this place has turned around. The food is great and so are the prices. Get there early on Friday for the fish fry because the place over flows.... so can't go wrong
Tammy L

Cumberland, WI

#11 Nov 28, 2012
I meet the new manager a couple weeks ago and he had some great ideas and samples an excellent beef product for the menu that he brought with him. He had a cool idea of a wine and beer night. A week later he was gone. I guess the stupid owners drove out a good manager. I will go to where ever he ends up and pull everyone I can out of this dump with me. Did anyone catch his name? I think he came from SD or ND? If this place thinks the "Char" burger is so great they have not been up the road to the Anchor Bar.
Rodger P

Superior, WI

#12 Dec 20, 2012
I,ve been there several times and the food is great, drinks are good drinks, not watered down. Nice surrondings, good service. I am planning to come back as often as I can...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Superior Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tiny Bayfield has thriving restaurant scene Aug '14 Natural 1
Chad Daniel Olson Jun '14 Jesus 1
Man Arrested For Trespassing on Own Land (Dec '09) Apr '14 Edward Abbey 17
Crews keep up work to clear Great Lakes shippin... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Les 1
Crews work to clear Great Lakes shipping pathways (Apr '14) Apr '14 flower 2
Jean A. Bitner (May '09) Mar '14 Jennifer l Bitner 2
Announcing exceptional Tri-State Carpet Cleanin... (Nov '13) Nov '13 robywilliam 1
Superior Dating
Find my Match

Superior Jobs

Superior People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Superior News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Superior

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]