The 2010 Census Count "" Missing: 6,226 people

Feb 13, 2011 Full story: Daily World Opelousas News

Comments Judy Bastien jbastien@dailyworld.com The next time you're out and about, the city of Opelousas would like your help finding something it seems to have misplaced: About 6,000 of its residents.

Full Story
Censless

Sunset, LA

#1 Feb 13, 2011
Yes, "Senseless" is spelled wrong on purpose to mimic "Census".
It's very simple to figure out. We are not losing people, they're not moving out. Just look at all the new babies we have. In the South, for many years, the people have been against the Federal government. Hence, the Civil War.It is very common for southern people to rebel against government activities such as a Census. They already fear "The Man". They do not want the government knowing their personal business.It has been embedded in their minds for generations that the government is evil and controlling. These people are most likely not going to fill out the census or at least not properly fill them out due to their common fear of the government.
Then you have the other type, the ones on government assistance. Unfortunately in this area, a vast amount of people here are on welfare, food stamps, free medical, governemnt housing and so on. They too have a common fear of the government. They tend to believe if they tell the truth of the number people living in their home, the government will take their free money from them. many of the government aided, families have anywhere from 4 to 12 people living in the home. They falsely share ownership of children so they can get more income tax, food stamps, earned income and so on. Go to any government aided housing project and you'll find a single woman with kids registered to live there for free or reduced rent. But in reality she'll have her male friend living there illegally to. They don't want the "the Man" to know the truth so they don't fill out the Census packets.
Then we have alot of illegal immigrants living here also. You don't think form one minute they gonna fill out a Census?
So, here we have it. The typical southern anti government paranoid folks, the give me free stuff and I don't have to work or give back to society parasites, and the illegal immigrants that don't have to pay taxes. And everyone wonders why the Census is lower.
For one, you want a real count, then you'll have to find a way to do it without the people knowing or at least find a way to make them believe it's not evil. Instead of paying to employ a Census worker, try using that money and pay each household for to fill out their Census and I guarantee you'll get better results.
Robert

United States

#2 Jan 1, 2014
Thanks for that typically unflattering Southern stereotype. We'd all be more impressed with your regional bigotry if only it made sense, but it doesn't. Did our laughably quaint mistrust spontaneously arrive as recently as 2010?

Perhaps Mayor Cravins has the answer as to why people started moving out in droves right around the time he secretly put unnamed civilian spies on the payroll. Thanks Cravins, you traitor. Has our groundless, Southern paranoia at federal intrusion been vilified?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sunset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ho 17 hr Lil bob 1
Brittny Beals still hooking for crack rock? (Nov '13) Sat Heavy Hitter 7
Brittny Beals (Oct '13) Sat tyler 9
Review: Sonya's Donuts & Deli Dec 25 disgusted 4
Who is Steven Hazel Dec 25 C.P. 1
holiday wish Dec 23 hopelousas 1
racist church point topix (Mar '14) Dec 23 Facto Juan 5
Sunset Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web