Sunset Election for Chief of Police

Posted in the Sunset Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Concerned Voter

Birmingham, AL

#1 Jul 15, 2006
With regards to the election for Chief of Police of Sunset, Louisiana, I have some grave concerns that need to be addressed. While driving through town today, I witnessed the current Chief, Alexcie Guillory, going door to door with an entourage of his office staff, dispatchers, and even an officer (who does not reside in the city of Sunset) campaigning. I found this disturbing because I have to admit that this is the most I have seen the Chief within his past four years in office.

I also found it troublesome in light of the recent events in Sunset, that the Chief would be using his manpower to forward his political career through his recent campaigning efforts rather than using that same manpower in a consistent manner to clean the drug deals off of MLK, the speeders off of Napoleon and Duffy, and even cleaning out the crack house that sits directly across from the police station itself (aka Budt's house).

Don't get me wrong, I am highly aware of the very recent sting operations that have taken place (within the past two weeks), but where were these sting operation during the last four years? Where was the organization and protection of the Chief's police force on Mardi Gras day? Where was the Chief of Police of Sunset prior to his 60 days countdown to election? The real question is, are we voting for another 60 day chief,(the one with the backroom deals and favored judgements), or are we voting for someone who has a distinct mission, plan of execution, and dedication to ALL of the people of Sunset?

There are far too many questions to pose here that must be answered prior to the incumbant chief receiving my vote. The truly sad thing is that I do not believe that people of Sunset have as clear of a memory and are only relying on the recent half-hearted efforts to quell their vote.

Comments???
NOT SURPRISED

New Iberia, LA

#2 Jul 18, 2006
IS HE DATING LAURA BALTHAZAR? THEY ARE SURE AN ITEM
Concerned Voter

Birmingham, AL

#3 Jul 18, 2006
NOT SURPRISED wrote:
IS HE DATING LAURA BALTHAZAR? THEY ARE SURE AN ITEM
Funny, I thought I was the only one who had noticed this...
sunset voter

Birmingham, AL

#4 Jul 19, 2006
Go Chad!!!!
Concerned Voter

Birmingham, AL

#5 Jul 19, 2006
I must admit that I too am leaning in Chad Primeaux's favor. Louis Padilla is as dirty as last weeks underwear, and well, Guillory is dirty and ineffective. I say give CHAD A CHANCE!!!
Concerned Citizen

Baton Rouge, LA

#6 Jul 20, 2006
I also am concerned about the Chief I am wondering if he wins again will he again go get drunk and run 3 stop signs in Duson crash into another vehicle and have it swept under the rug. Will he let the drug dealers run the town and reprimand his officers for "harassing his people" will he again ignore the problems and hide behind his desk until he has to come out will he again maintain the same dispatchers that stay on the phone telling the towns secrets ie "girl you know who has a warrant" or better yet sleep while on duty YES officers and dispatchers. Will he again expect the Sheriffs Dept to do the dirty work in Sunset so that he does not upset the citizens. Are you a CHIEF of police or CHIEF of popularity. AND as for Louis hmmm do we need to reminded the town of his Skeletons there is a reason he is not chief anymore Come On Citizens of Sunset time to drop the hammer and take back Sunset this is our TOWN not the DRUG DEALERS MAYOR IF YOU READ THIS PLEASE PUT YOUR FOOT DOWN. Let Sunset be a city people want to move into and shop in not be scared to go to the local stores in fear of drug dealers drunks and bums harrasing them MAYOR you know what is like to have people try to sell you drugs just for driving on the street THIS OUR TOWN LETS TAKE IT BACK
Concerned Voter

Birmingham, AL

#7 Jul 20, 2006
Wow!! You have no idea how nice it is to know that I am not the only one who has witnessed, been a party to, and have evidence for the accusations you made above against the Chief of Police.

In fact, here are a few more...thanks to some very informative and chatty dispatchers who will give out proveledged information to ANYBODY:

The Chief of Police is currenty having a wanted man mow his lawn. This man has a warrant out for his arrest issued by the Sunset Police Department and he is mowing the Chief's grass free as a bird and without arrest!

Let's face it folks, this Chief is on the take. He doesn't allow the prosecution of drug offenders (the two biggest are the grandsons of a Sunset city council member) to the full extent of the law because it would definately cut into his stake.

Let us not forget about the certain residents who hve been ticketed throughout his reign as chief who do not ahow up to court, do not pay their fines, and yet receive no liscense suspention or fitting punishment.

Oh, and a little word of advice for all of those who are speeding through Sunset...in overhearing the conversation between two Sunset officers I have found out why people are allowed to speed through town on Napoleon and Duffy....Did you know that they are not allowed to ticket you until you are going at least 11mph over the limit?? 11mph makes a school zone (30mph) into a raceway!!! Just attend mayor's court one day and you will learn a lot about idiocy.

I am an advocate for democracy, and a revolution is a ugly thing, but I think it's about time e had one.
Concerned Parent

Broussard, LA

#8 Jul 20, 2006
Chad Primeaux for Chief, You have to be kidding me. the next time you see him ask him why he was asked to resign from police work in Georgia and the S/O. Might have something to do with Sexual Harassment! This would be a good choice, for a pedifile community, but not ours.
Concerned Voter

Birmingham, AL

#9 Jul 20, 2006
And your idea for a squeaky clean candidate would be?????

All I am saying is that out of the three choices we are presented with:
1. The current chief - ineffective, completely political, and a complete lack of law enforcment knowledge and know-how
2. Louis Padilla - Do you not remember his reign four years ago? Are you aware that he, personally, signed an agreement not to give the officers pay raises (at all)for his entire riegn as chief. Wow, now that's a motivated chief who is out for his own advancement and screwing even his own officers in doing it.
3. Chad - A non-political candidate who has no other ties to the community other than DIRECT family (not the 12 scattered generations of political connections like the other two candidates)and the fact that this, Sunset, is his home.

My point is two-fold:
First, we know how worthless the other two are, let's give Chad the chance to prove himself, or to fall on his face along with the other two.

Secondly, is it possible that his leaving SO may have had something to do with sexual harrassment, however, it is just as possible that he left under non-negative circumstance as well. Without documented evidence to back your charge it means nothing. Your charge holds no weight without evidence. So, bring it...

Oh, and by the way...speaking of PEDOPHILE <---- this is the correct spelling, and it is customary to capitalize the first word of a sentence. Now go to bed, so you can work on Hooked on Phonics in the morning.
SLPSO DEPUTY

Kinder, LA

#10 Jul 20, 2006
JUST TO LET YOU KNOW THE CURRENT CHEIF GETS MAD AT THE SO WHEN WE ARREST HIS DRUG DEALERS IN HIS LITTLE TOWN
ALSO CHAD PRIMEAUX IS NOT MUCH BETTER
Concerned Voter

Birmingham, AL

#11 Jul 20, 2006
Oh I forgot to mention this as well..

Pedophlia is a crime against a child...Sexual Harrassment is towards an adult. They are seperate charges...another reason to get your facts straight.

And the next time you talk to Louis ask him about the sexual assault on a juvenile...that one is documented at the Saint Landry Sherriff's office.
Ok, your legal lesson is done for the evening.
Concerned Parent

Broussard, LA

#12 Jul 20, 2006
His crime was against a child you dumb ass!! He was asked to resign or be fired at the S/O. I know the case very well. I have read your other comments in the other forums and you are just a little person with expertise in life. You like to support molesters and think you are a legal expert. Far from it boy. Oh, thats right, you are probably Chad himself. Anyone running in the chiefs race is better then Chad. I have worked with Chief Guillory and Louie Padilla. Both are a better candidate then Chad. Also, when you talk about facts, the record of Chad Primeaux's incident is on record at the S/O. His actions were far worse then Louie. He was and would be a discrace to any uniform and not worth the communities dignity.
Concerned Citizen

Jacksonville, AR

#13 Jul 21, 2006
if we are going to talk about people being asked to resign or be fired ALL 3 have been in that posistion UL PD had a case on Alexcie for PEEPING TOM to set the fact straight
Concerned Voter

Birmingham, AL

#14 Jul 21, 2006
Yes, I knew about the case with Guillory as well. OK, now that we have an even playing field.... LMAO!!!

Ok, now that all three should be registered sex offenders, we have a tie!!!

This is too damned funny. This state continues to prove it's ignorance in exponential fashion!!!
Concerned Voter

Birmingham, AL

#15 Jul 21, 2006
Concerned Parent wrote:
His crime was against a child you dumb ass!!
If you are unable to keep your conversations to a non explicative form (that means not using dirty words), then the battle of wits has been decided. Thank you for your valiant, albiet deficient, effort.
Future of Sunset

Houston, TX

#16 Jul 21, 2006
Sounds like the three people running are not qualified for the job who do you think can do the job?
Concerned Voter

Birmingham, AL

#18 Jul 21, 2006
truly the one who is most qualified is not running
Supporter

Cabot, AR

#19 Jul 21, 2006
I think the current Chief of Police is doing an exemplemary job. Go Alexcie!
Future of Sunset

United States

#20 Jul 21, 2006
Concerned Voter wrote:
truly the one who is most qualified is not running
Who is that? maybe we can talk them into running
Chief is a DOPE

Birmingham, AL

#21 Jul 21, 2006
Supporter wrote:
I think the current Chief of Police is doing an exemplemary job. Go Alexcie!
much like your spelling teacher did?
exemplary
If I was a drug dealer I would agree with you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sunset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Louisiana... (Oct '10) 1 hr Hold on there 3,492
Coach Stelly For Mayor (Aug '12) 4 hr Tired of paying 25
New Mayor of Arnaudville 6 hr Funny 49
Who will be Arnaudville 's next chief of police Sun Open File 212
Step-N-Strut relocates from Opelousas to Natche... (Aug '13) Sun MR Respect 18
Review: A-Plus Pawn And Jewelry Sep 26 ads 1
Card Reader Sep 26 carol691 1
Sunset Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Sunset Jobs

Sunset People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE