Next Last
KIM

Lafayette, LA

#1 Jul 12, 2006
OK! IS IT HAPPENING OR WHAT? WHEN?
Terry 2006

Okeechobee, FL

#2 Jul 16, 2006
When Howard Zerangue Jr. announced his daddy's retirement in early march on t.v. 3, either that day or the next day, the channel 3 reporter interviewed Laura Balthazar. The reporter stated, "We have information a certain high ranking St. Landry Parish Sheriff Department Official has been indicted under a sealed indictment by the Eastern District United States Attorney's Office in New Orleans, it it true ?" Laura stated, "Yes". The reporter then asked the obvious next question, "Who is it?" Laura then said, "I can't comment on that." (A copy of the interview tape is probably public record and can be purchased)
I heard, Laura made restitution to the Feds for over $10,000 dollars regarding this indictment. I don't know if the Feds are going to accept that and drop the indictment or what. Also heard "on the street", there may be a FEMA check problem as well.
If all the above is true, then that makes the last two St. Landry Parish Sheriffs having been indicted by the FBI.(Zerangue in 1992 for bribery and extortion) and (Interim Balthazar in 2006 for misappropriation/embezzlement) . That also makes the last two St. Landry Parish Chief Deputies indicted by the FBI a record....(Billy Frilot in 1992 bribery/extortion/witness tampering) and (Chief Deputy Laura Balthazar in 2006 for misappropriation/embezzlement) .
If Balthazar was not indicted under a sealed indictment, you would think she would want to clear that up publicly. T.V. 3 was the first to report the sealed indictment and no one else!!!!
How sad and disappointing for St. Landry Parish if the Balthazar indictment is true.
Concerned Voter

Trussville, AL

#3 Jul 17, 2006
Assuming the above conclusions are correct, where are the news crews now?
BG Infiltrader

Lafayette, LA

#4 Jul 20, 2006
I WORK FOR THE SO LB IS CROOKED. SOMEONE NEEDS TO GET HER OUT
Concerned Voter

Trussville, AL

#5 Jul 20, 2006
I'm not doubting that at all...
Laura Balthazar Will Win

United States

#6 Jul 22, 2006
NO SUSH THING AS A SECRET INDICTMENT, IT IS PUBLIC INFORMATION YOU DUMB ASS! THAT IS WHY KLFY 10 APPOLIGIZED THE FOLLOWING DAY, AND WITHDREW THAT STATEMENT. OH, AND BY THE WAY, I'M A WHITE MALE, WORK FOR THE SO, IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT HERE, HIT THE FRICKIN HIGH TRAIL! WE DON'T WANT YOU HERE! BETTER GET USED TO IT, LAURA BALTHAZAR IS HER TO STAY, UNLIKE YOU! SUCKS DON'T IT!
Laura Balthazar Will Win

United States

#7 Jul 22, 2006
NO SUCH THING(CORRECTION ON FIRST LINE)
SLPSO DEPUTY

Plaucheville, LA

#8 Jul 22, 2006
hey dumb ass im a black male,also at the so
learn how to spell
and get ready bg will win
Laura Balthazar Will Win wrote:
NO SUSH THING AS A SECRET INDICTMENT, IT IS PUBLIC INFORMATION YOU DUMB ASS! THAT IS WHY KLFY 10 APPOLIGIZED THE FOLLOWING DAY, AND WITHDREW THAT STATEMENT. OH, AND BY THE WAY, I'M A WHITE MALE, WORK FOR THE SO, IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT HERE, HIT THE FRICKIN HIGH TRAIL! WE DON'T WANT YOU HERE! BETTER GET USED TO IT, LAURA BALTHAZAR IS HER TO STAY, UNLIKE YOU! SUCKS DON'T IT!
WORRIED LB

Louisville, KY

#9 Jul 27, 2006
Well guess YOU never heard of a SEALED INDITMENT? You seem to portray youself as a law enforcement officer or really in my opinion you are really a want to be. 190 West truck is looking for security guards if you need a job.

A SEALED INDITMENT, not a SECRET INDICTMENT as you put it, is implemented when a certain elected official is under investigation for any type of criminal activity or criminal involvement, and as for the TV 10 apology, PLEASE let me know where I can locate that!!!!!!!! HORSE SHIT!!!!

You are so desperate. Sorry, not just you but Laura too. Time will tell her little secrets!!!!!!!! I bet the citizens of St. Landry Parish would love to know how desperate she has gotten b/c she knows that Guidroz and maybe even Castille will both whip that butt.HAHA. If you think she has a potty mouth now, wait until the night she gets spanked, the same way Billy F. use to spank her before and after he went to the Federal Penn!!!!
THE SHIELD

Taipei, Taiwan

#10 Jul 28, 2006
Terry 2006 wrote:
When Howard Zerangue Jr. announced his daddy's retirement in early march on t.v. 3, either that day or the next day, the channel 3 reporter interviewed Laura Balthazar. The reporter stated, "We have information a certain high ranking St. Landry Parish Sheriff Department Official has been indicted under a sealed indictment by the Eastern District United States Attorney's Office in New Orleans, it it true ?" Laura stated, "Yes". The reporter then asked the obvious next question, "Who is it?" Laura then said, "I can't comment on that." (A copy of the interview tape is probably public record and can be purchased)
I heard, Laura made restitution to the Feds for over $10,000 dollars regarding this indictment. I don't know if the Feds are going to accept that and drop the indictment or what. Also heard "on the street", there may be a FEMA check problem as well.
If all the above is true, then that makes the last two St. Landry Parish Sheriffs having been indicted by the FBI.(Zerangue in 1992 for bribery and extortion) and (Interim Balthazar in 2006 for misappropriation/embezzlement) . That also makes the last two St. Landry Parish Chief Deputies indicted by the FBI a record....(Billy Frilot in 1992 bribery/extortion/witness tampering) and (Chief Deputy Laura Balthazar in 2006 for misappropriation/embezzlement) .
If Balthazar was not indicted under a sealed indictment, you would think she would want to clear that up publicly. T.V. 3 was the first to report the sealed indictment and no one else!!!!
How sad and disappointing for St. Landry Parish if the Balthazar indictment is true.
You are right you don't know. I am still waiting for the feds to come out with it. The election is near and your camp keeps posting it is coming. It is not coming and the charges that she was talking about will be cleared. Under the law she nor anyone else can comment on an on going investigation. I like the part that said YOU heard. Looks like the Sheriff for found not guilty and the former chief was guilty. It is called the Justice system. The 2006 charge on Laura is simply not true. If so WHERE THE HELL IS IT. I sealed indictment means it is still under investigation. I would think by now the feds would be finished with a simple check cashing case. BUT on the other hand, if the real case is still under investigation, she cannot clear it or comment on it.
THE SHIELD

Taipei, Taiwan

#11 Jul 28, 2006
SLPSO DEPUTY wrote:
hey dumb ass im a black male,also at the so
learn how to spell
and get ready bg will win
<quoted text>
Sure you are. They must have 3,000 officers there now. Everyone in here works there. Tell it to the BG people not to us.
watching you

Lafayette, LA

#12 Aug 8, 2006
THE SHIELD wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure you are. They must have 3,000 officers there now. Everyone in here works there. Tell it to the BG people not to us.
WHERE IS IT
Desperate in Mallet

Jennings, LA

#13 Aug 10, 2006
Issue: Sealed Indictment

THE usual route of a felony charge is to start in local criminal court as a felony complaint. Upon either a preliminary hearing or referring the case to the grand jury, the charge is evaluated and perhaps voted as a felony indictment.

While it's common for the felony case to begin locally, there is no requirement for this in the CPL. Less frequently, a charge starts out in grand jury. This is the "sealed indictment" (the term is not found in the CPL). A sealed indictment might be used where the prosecutor, for whatever reason, does not wish to alert the prospective defendant to the fact that criminal charges are being investigated. See Muldoon and Feuerstein, Handling a Criminal Case in New York, sec. 3:3 (West Group 1999-2000)

In the usual situation, where a felony case was first in local court, a defendant has the statutory right to testify before the grand jury. To exercise this right, where the case is no longer in local court, the defense must notify the prosecutor. If the case is still pending locally, it is the prosecutor who must advise the defendant.
John F

Opelousas, LA

#14 Aug 23, 2006
Legitimate Questions on Laura Balthazar Son's arrest. The newspaper reported that Laura was first contacted prior to the police arresting him. Why? Did they need her permission? Was he not breaking the law? Did she know where her son's income was comming from? Most parents know where their college children are working or if they are working and certainly would know where they are living and how they could afford those accmmodations.
BG Supporter

Morse, LA

#15 Aug 25, 2006
If anyone belives that LSO contacted Laura before the arrest was made, you are being MISLEAD!!! It's a common political ploy that is being used to make a bad situation a little better. The Daily Wipe supports Laura. It would'nt suprise me if Laura knew all the questions before they was asked at the debate either.

Let me get one thing straight. I am a white male and my vote has nothing to do with race. I have a reason not to want Laura as Sheriff. My sister worked for the SO and was treated like shit because she is white. I seen her cry on more than one occasion. Laura and her "henchman kinfolk" did my sister wrong. When a "supervisor" has to resort to defaming and cursing to reprimand a worker, I say that particular supervision has got to go. Another thing, nepotism needs to be enforced. I know of a couple "conflicts of interest" that currently affect the SO. That's why we need a change. Vote Bobby Guidroz on September 30.
Reminder

Lafayette, LA

#16 Aug 25, 2006
I would think that the reason why they called LB was to give 1st hand information on what was going to happened. I also think that when all this going on monday the news knew about the debate tueday night and they was probably trying to show a little common courtesey for her because of the timing. So if this is what happened, then in my opinion special treatment was givin for her circumstance.I would also like to add that I've been reading the forum and I see things like why did they say her name on the news and that it wasn't right. Well the truth is that when your are in public office that comes with the job. Look at the celebs. If they fart cross ways it's on every magazine cover on the shelf. Here latley, every time the S.O. is on the news about new substations and now finally Eunice gets deputies to help out and so on etc, well you can't have it both ways . As a professional you have to take to good with the bad. Like the old saying goes," becareful what you wish for, it might come true!!!"
For BG

Crowley, LA

#17 Aug 31, 2006
IF YOU REALLY WORK FOR THE SO, YOU NEED TO HIT THE HIGH TRAIL AS SOON AS BG GETS IN THERE. WE DONT NEED PEOPLE LIKE YOU WORKING THERE. YOU'LL SEE WHAT SUCKS.
soppurttewr

Opelousas, LA

#18 Sep 12, 2006
u best belive your ass that LAURA BALTHAZAR will win
and she's going to burn the other opponents asses so bad that they'll never run agian.
hello

Lafayette, LA

#19 Sep 12, 2006
soppurttewr wrote:
and she's going to burn the other opponents asses so bad that they'll never run agian.
Guess again I am out in the parish she will never win
I am waiting

Jackson, MS

#20 Sep 12, 2006
soppurttewr wrote:
Talk is cheap. We will see.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sunset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mechelle (Dec '16) 1 hr Yoyo 7
Joshua Lavergne Mon ticklemeelmo 1
Big guys lawn service Sun Ron 2
Lawncare Aug 11 Advice 2
What's UP Doc? Aug 7 Somethingsup 3
Church Point Booster Club Auction (Sep '16) Aug 1 Booster Club Member 35
Cheating Women Jul 30 Watching 4

Sunset Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance