Sunset boy, 12, drowns

Sunset boy, 12, drowns

There are 7 comments on the Daily World story from May 26, 2008, titled Sunset boy, 12, drowns. In it, Daily World reports that:

A Sunset boy drowned Saturday afternoon after he and his friends stopped at a community pond near Choctaw Drive to wash dirt off themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily World.

G-Town Soldier 4-Life

Apo, AE

#1 Jun 3, 2008
What's the status of little boy that was still in the hospital? Also, was there a funeral for the Sunset boy that drowned or a fund site to send the family a donation?
Just wondering

Westlake, LA

#2 Jun 4, 2008
Where is this property where the drowning occurred? Opelousas??? In a neighborhood? Thanks!
G C Raised

Dadeville, MO

#3 Jun 4, 2008
G-Town Soldier 4-Life wrote:
What's the status of little boy that was still in the hospital? Also, was there a funeral for the Sunset boy that drowned or a fund site to send the family a donation?
Sorry to say but he passed away last night (Tuesday, June 3rd). Prayers to out to the family. The little Dean boy's funeral was on Saturday, May 31st. Prayers go out to that family as well.
G C Raised

Dadeville, MO

#4 Jun 4, 2008
Just wondering wrote:
Where is this property where the drowning occurred? Opelousas??? In a neighborhood? Thanks!
It is on Choctaw Dr. in Sunset. I don't know exactly if the pond is in the neighborhood or not.
concerned person

Olive Branch, MS

#5 Jun 4, 2008
Choctaw Dr. is off of I-49 between Sunset & Hwy 182 exit. Choctaw is a very nice area. I believe
the pond is a private yard, for a local doctor
just wondering

Westlake, LA

#6 Jun 5, 2008
I wonder if there is not more to that story? I just can't imagine. They went there to wash themselves off. Why in the world would they be sucked down(or however it happened) I have 2 ponds and this gives me a lot to think about. I just cannot picture how this happened and to 2 of them!?????
Sad

Platte City, MO

#7 Jun 18, 2008
They could not swim. The pond went from knee high to the waist then dropped off deep. They were in the water and I think they both were pulling each other down trying to get out of the deep end and drown each other.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sunset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brian Jones Aug 16 Kalz 1
Mechelle (Dec '16) Aug 16 Yoyo 7
Joshua Lavergne Aug 14 ticklemeelmo 1
Big guys lawn service Aug 13 Ron 2
Lawncare Aug 11 Advice 2
What's UP Doc? Aug 7 Somethingsup 3
Church Point Booster Club Auction (Sep '16) Aug 1 Booster Club Member 35

Sunset Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance