Should Congress be drug tested; like ...

Should Congress be drug tested; like they are asking welfare people to do?

Created by Curious on Dec 4, 2013

5 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Yes, and should be fired if positive for Presc.Rx

Curious

United States

#1 Dec 4, 2013
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/02/drug...

Americans Want Congress Members To Pee In Cups To Prove They're Not On Drugs

And go one step further, test the LA Legislature, Governor and staff.
ipeeincups

Basile, LA

#2 Dec 5, 2013
Most employers test their employees these days. I think it's unfair that the majority of working people have to be drug tested to pay taxes for able bodied men and women to keep procreating and automatically assume "the government" will support them and their kids. I have no respect for our government, but even less for deadbeats.
Curious

United States

#3 Dec 5, 2013
ipeeincups wrote:
Most employers test their employees these days. I think it's unfair that the majority of working people have to be drug tested to pay taxes for able bodied men and women to keep procreating and automatically assume "the government" will support them and their kids. I have no respect for our government, but even less for deadbeats.
Your anger is misdirected.

You should be fed up with huge corporations sending middle class jobs overseas and only creating low wage NO benefits jobs here and then assisting their low paid employees with welfare apps.

You should support the increase in the min. wage, then hard working people can afford their food, housing, healthcare...

Then and only then will the burden be lifted off of the rest of the working class.

It is time to spread the wealth!

Why are people so against the people who actually DO THE WORK getting paid a living wage? The more they are paid, the more money that will be circulating in the US economy!! Everyone benefits from this. Get that? The 1% keeping their ill gotten money in banks all over the world is not helping the US economy.

Welfare is legal, just like the way Mitt Romney got his money, per his wife Ann Romney.

As Warren Buffet said, change the law!

We need to stop the welfare for the 1% and reform welfare!

GOP wants to attach working to welfare. Working people should earn enough NOT TO NEED WELFARE!

Congress should be drug/alcohol tested! We need to stop accepting bad behavior from these people! Recreational drug use IS NOT a disease; its an illegal HABIT!
Americana

Church Point, LA

#4 Dec 7, 2013
What a load of freshly laid BS! Tell me Curious, if the black race was handing over the majority of taxes that whites have paid since the beginning of time, would that not be considered racist, unfair, just a downright abomination in your eyes and sick brain?

Why should whites of America have to support blacks of America? Why should blacks not live off of the taxes of blacks? Because you would starve and perish?

There is no welfare for the 1%!
Americana

Church Point, LA

#5 Dec 7, 2013
To Curious: The government is racist towards the white race by stealing our hard earned money to give to the laziness of the black race which would have died off of planet earth had whites not been the hard working people we are.

I would put this to the test anyday. Remove the white tax from the black race. Watch what happens!

Bet you will never go for this. Bet you will never prove me wrong!
Curious

Branch, LA

#6 Dec 7, 2013
Never said anyone should get a "hand Out"!

Promoting a LIVING WAGE and Affordable Healthcare.

Just like the way the 1% get to keep more of their money (UNEARNED income taxed at a much lower rate and getting corporate subsidies), poor working not making a living wage get welfare.

Stop throwing rocks and, as Warren Buffet said, CHANGE THE LAW. Reform welfare to the rich and up the min. wage to a living wage so welfare for the poor working goes down!

If you were NOT so racist, you would see that it is a money thing that has to be fixed with money; not the color of someone's skin!

I don't know you, but based on your posts, I can tell you don't have a high level of education nor earn a huge salary. So what really is your point?
Americana

Church Point, LA

#7 Dec 8, 2013
I know you want the white man's money. How can you call their money unearned? Whites have spread the wealth since day 1. Racism is forcing one race to support underdeveloped cultures by stealing their hard earned money to give to these who will not take any responsibility for themselves.

Did anyone raise minimum wage for whites? When did whites get anything for free? I have a very high level of education, and my salary has raised many a black child whose mother chose to make a living by opening her legs and reproducing one after another. How many blacks have raised white children this way?

Blacks do not want to work!
Americana

Church Point, LA

#8 Dec 8, 2013
If one state in America were to go all white, remove all blacks. It would be the most successful state in the history of time, in the history of the world.

Call the truth racist all you want to! I would dare anyone to do this! No one wants the truth to be known or said.

But yet it is there. Right in front of your eyes!
Curious

Eunice, LA

#9 Dec 8, 2013
Americana wrote:
If one state in America were to go all white, remove all blacks. It would be the most successful state in the history of time, in the history of the world.
Call the truth racist all you want to! I would dare anyone to do this! No one wants the truth to be known or said.
But yet it is there. Right in front of your eyes!
You should watch the movie, "Trading Places". It proves that it is about available opportunities.

Your successful white state would only include rich successful white people (already successful); right? Most studies indicate that, in USA, the % of white and black people on welfare is about the same. Bottom line, we need more jobs that have a LIVING WAGE.

One more thing about your white state, there would not be any sports teams. Could you live without that?
Curious

Eunice, LA

#10 Dec 8, 2013
Unearned money is INVESTMENT MONEY. Means that you did NOT work for it.

Did you really not know that?

One other thing about welfare, a lot of the people forced on welfare back in 2007, were educated "successful" people who gambled and borrowed too much on their future earnings and then lost their jobs, homes, savings, healthcare and retirement money. Proves it can happen to anyone.

There are people out there, black and white, who don't want to work.
Americana

Church Point, LA

#11 Dec 9, 2013
Unearned money is all of the freebees blacks have sucked off of the white man since Genesis. And now illegal aliens. Rich, successful white people?
How do you think they got this way? By sitting on welfare? You hate them, racist! But wait for their money to be handed out to you for free.

About our white sports, have you heard of Drew Brees? Racist! If that one state went white, all would follow suit.
Curious

Church Point, LA

#12 Dec 9, 2013
Americana wrote:
Unearned money is all of the freebees blacks have sucked off of the white man since Genesis. And now illegal aliens. Rich, successful white people?
How do you think they got this way? By sitting on welfare? You hate them, racist! But wait for their money to be handed out to you for free.
About our white sports, have you heard of Drew Brees? Racist! If that one state went white, all would follow suit.
Have you heard of ALL THOSE black players that Brees throws the ball to that score the TD's?

See, it takes all kinds. Those black players pay way more in taxes than you ever did or ever will. Think about it.

Even Drew Brees knows that he needs those players; he's not racist. If not for them, for the last 8 years he may have been saying, "do you want fries with that burger".

Americana

Church Point, LA

#13 Dec 9, 2013
You are too ignorant to hold conversation with.
Protect your kids

Welsh, LA

#14 Dec 9, 2013
Just saying, the only way for this country and society to prosper and be sucessful is to have Christian values, without Christian values we are doomed for failure whether ur dem ,rep or liberal.All things are based on an honor system, you can not govern someone into honesty, that has to come from the individual .If people were honest true Christians,no one would cheat there fellow man.Praise Jesus and God bless the USA!!!
Protect your kids

Welsh, LA

#15 Dec 9, 2013
And also,we should always love our neighbor or at least try.I know it is hard to love people who are different than us but we all bleed red,thats a fact.There are some days I dislike the black race as a whole then god shows me some wonderful black people that very same day,there are days I don't like white people then god shows me some wonderful white people,i think if we keep our hearts open for love it will flow freely into our souls.Praise Jesus
Libssuck

Basile, LA

#16 Dec 10, 2013
Curious wrote:
Unearned money is INVESTMENT MONEY. Means that you did NOT work for it.
Did you really not know that?
One other thing about welfare, a lot of the people forced on welfare back in 2007, were educated "successful" people who gambled and borrowed too much on their future earnings and then lost their jobs, homes, savings, healthcare and retirement money. Proves it can happen to anyone.
There are people out there, black and white, who don't want to work.
Where do YOU, think the money to invest comes from...unicorns and faeries?
Curious

Covington, LA

#17 Dec 15, 2013
Libssuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do YOU, think the money to invest comes from...unicorns and faeries?
From huge profits made by NOT PAYING a living wage and using poor quality material.

Are you really that stupid or just want to argue?

If you raise min. wage to a living wage, profit margins will go down to where they really belong and the 10% tax is OK because there would be a whole lot of EARNED INCOME circulating; thereby improving the economy for all! More people would be able to afford to pay for healthcare, education and own their own home; and yes, pay their fair share of taxes rather than be on welfare.

Get it yet?

How many of you get more than 1% on your savings account? None, right?
Curious

Covington, LA

#18 Dec 15, 2013
Protect your kids wrote:
And also,we should always love our neighbor or at least try.I know it is hard to love people who are different than us but we all bleed red,thats a fact.There are some days I dislike the black race as a whole then god shows me some wonderful black people that very same day,there are days I don't like white people then god shows me some wonderful white people,i think if we keep our hearts open for love it will flow freely into our souls.Praise Jesus
What are these Christian values you speak of? Look at all the so called Christians in Congress. They support the GREEDY 1%(corporation).

Just look at how far off track the Catholic church has gone. Don't believe me, listen to the new Pope. There are traditionalists are seem to be against him. Do they feel like the hard working poor don't deserve anything unless the cheat the system?

The two things that the 1% say will make you successful in life is out of reach of the working poor; affordable healthcare and education. WHY?

People should be paid for what they produce (quantity/quality); not for how many filler classes they took in school; which has nothing to do with their job.

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" is a very simple thing to remember and follow; no bible quoting required!

God represents the Spirit of doing the right thing!
Libssuck

Basile, LA

#19 Dec 15, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
From huge profits made by NOT PAYING a living wage and using poor quality material.
Are you really that stupid or just want to argue?
If you raise min. wage to a living wage, profit margins will go down to where they really belong and the 10% tax is OK because there would be a whole lot of EARNED INCOME circulating; thereby improving the economy for all! More people would be able to afford to pay for healthcare, education and own their own home; and yes, pay their fair share of taxes rather than be on welfare.
Get it yet?
How many of you get more than 1% on your savings account? None, right?
Poor curious, I pity you. Here's my gift to you. Hope it helps.
http://townhall.com/columnists/susanstamperbr...
Curious

Covington, LA

#20 Dec 15, 2013
It was reported that 2% of Americans make min. wage; $7.25/hour. What about all those that make $7.30/hour to a Living Wage?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minimum_wage_in_...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sunset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Need some information on Pb man, please! 8 hr No1spechul 4
News Opelousas Mayor responds to recent audit report... May 21 coast027 1
The future of Church Point May 19 Feed Up 8
Where is the improvements???? (Jul '15) May 19 Feed Up 9
Heather Manuel infecting everywhere (Jun '14) May 12 Charise Suire 7
Chief of Police in Grand Coteau (Aug '06) May 10 Class 54
Big Crystal May 7 Sally 7

Sunset Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance