Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,146

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#182028 Mar 1, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Existing laws, prohibit polygamy.
On February 7, 2012, in a 21 decision, a Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals panel affirmed Walker's decision declaring the Proposition 8 ban on same-sex marriage to be unconstitutional.
Existing laws (federal and states) don't recognize SSM as a valid marriage.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#182029 Mar 1, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh you are just teasing? Silly me!
Prop 8 banned polygamy EQUALLY to banning SSM.
The end.
Wrong, polygamy was already banned before prop 8 and will continue to be banned after prop 8 is overturned.

the end
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#182030 Mar 1, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Polygamy was already illegal. Prop 8 did not ban polygamy.
Really? What don't you understand about "marriage is a man and a woman" only?

Don't hog the victimhood. There's plenty to go around.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#182031 Mar 1, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? What don't you understand about "marriage is a man and a woman" only?
Don't hog the victimhood. There's plenty to go around.
Ok lets get simple

In what way did Prop 8 victimize you personally?

What right did you have that you lost when prop 8 was passed?
Spazzed

Covina, CA

#182032 Mar 1, 2013
The leading Communist calling himself Karl Rove to speak at a California GOP convention Friday, Mar. 1, 2013.

Is an unpopular figure among Republican volunteers, after he attacked the crazy Tea Party (copperheads) and their grassroots conservatism.

The Republican party in California is in the gutter and heading down to the sewer plant fast.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#182033 Mar 1, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, polygamy was already banned before prop 8 and will continue to be banned after prop 8 is overturned.
the end
Right. But it will be one less law against polygamy. How can you argue otherwise?

When did I say overturning prop 8 will legalize polygamy, liar Big D?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#182034 Mar 1, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Politicians, lobbyists, and campaign contributors.
OK maybe that is a little cynical, but It is also fairly true.
So true Big D....so true. Money does wonders.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#182035 Mar 1, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Politicians, lobbyists, and campaign contributors.
OK maybe that is a little cynical, but It is also fairly true.
But yet you do as your government tells you...lol. Like the flu shot, most educated people know it's not a good idea to shoot your baby or child with dangerous chemicals to prevent a few days of being sick, Not you.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#182036 Mar 1, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Existing laws (federal and states) don't recognize SSM as a valid marriage.
State laws?? Ummm google it, there are a number that do. DOMA, restricts benefits based on sexuality. DUH
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#182037 Mar 1, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok lets get simple
In what way did Prop 8 victimize you personally?
What right did you have that you lost when prop 8 was passed?
A blow to equal rights is a blow to everyone. Maybe you don't fully understand that?

Prop 8 victimized polygamy and SSM EQUALLY. And it victimized us all in restricting rights.

When they come to take your neighbor...(I hope you know the rest).

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#182038 Mar 1, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? What don't you understand about "marriage is a man and a woman" only?
Don't hog the victimhood. There's plenty to go around.
Is it possible that the intent was, marriage is between male and female?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#182039 Mar 1, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>State laws?? Ummm google it, there are a number that do. DOMA, restricts benefits based on sexuality. DUH
DOMA is equally discriminatory against polyamorists wishing to marry.

By eliminating prop 8 there will be one less law against polygamy, no matter how hard you try to spin it that there won't be.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#182040 Mar 1, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Is it possible that the intent was, marriage is between male and female?
"A" male and "A" female. Does it say "males and females" dummy? No it says "A" male and "A" female as in one of each only.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#182041 Mar 1, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
A blow to equal rights is a blow to everyone. Maybe you don't fully understand that?
Prop 8 victimized polygamy and SSM EQUALLY. And it victimized us all in restricting rights.
When they come to take your neighbor...(I hope you know the rest).
Lets try again

What rights did polygamists lose when prop 8 passed?

It is a simple question
Checked

Covina, CA

#182042 Mar 1, 2013
Ever since the voters have finally been told gthe turth about what the GOP, Republicans and Tea Party member's did tot he sates econlmy and the federal budget all heck has broken lose.

California voters have a sour outlook about the state's economy, estimated 72 percent of California voters say the economy is mired in "bad times.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#182043 Mar 1, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Who or what determines if there is "legitimate state interest"?
the Court.
Chair backed

Covina, CA

#182044 Mar 1, 2013
Clints back in town so look out, P.S. has anyone got an empty chair?
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#182045 Mar 1, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
Admittedly, this is a serious accusation. Yet I think it can proven with a simple test: Ask Judge Walker if his reasoning applies to polygamous marriage.
Of course! Because we all know that "substitute polygamy" is the gold standard for determining what is logical.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#182046 Mar 1, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets try again
What rights did polygamists lose when prop 8 passed?
It is a simple question
One more law against it. It's a simple answer.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#182047 Mar 1, 2013
Chair backed wrote:
Clints back in town so look out, P.S. has anyone got an empty chair?
Obama finally evolved into the empty chair. Clint was first, like a true conservative. Obama waited to see which way the political wind was blowing like a true liberal.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sunnyvale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
24 7 emergency locksmith (Dec '11) 8 hr Calvin James 14
Complaints Against Google+ Mon Ditto 93
Ben smith Nov 22 old friend 1
6 Things I Expect at IDF Nov 20 ray ibrahim 2
Santa Cruz tech: Help wanted Nov 15 Eric 3
Smaller Palo Alto council? Voters lean toward '... Nov 5 georgebush10115 1
Sunnyvale fire? Oct '14 KC Jones 3

Flood Warning for Santa Clara County was issued at November 26 at 12:43PM PST

Sunnyvale News Video

Sunnyvale Dating
Find my Match

Sunnyvale People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Sunnyvale News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Sunnyvale

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:30 am PST

NBC Sports 7:30AM
Charles Woodson named AFC defensive player of the week
NFL 9:37 AM
Niners OC: Colin Kaepernick at times better than ever
NBC Sports10:20 AM
Seahawks, 49ers meet for 1st time this season - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report11:52 AM
Seattle Seahawks vs. San Francisco 49ers Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick
NBC Sports12:46 PM
Latavius Murray practicing after last week's concussion