Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201877 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#152267 Jul 28, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn, I'm dumb!
Most people agree.
Mona Lott

Northport, NY

#152268 Jul 28, 2012
ARGUING with IDIOTS wrote:
<quoted text>
But they don't allow straight people to marry the same sex, just like gays. So how is it fair to provide special rights to gays that is not provided to straights?
It's not "special" if you have the same right. Geez, buddy.
commonpeeps

Monrovia, CA

#152269 Jul 28, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
That's like saying everybody had the equal right to sit in the section assigned to their race.
What special privilege would there be? You homophobes always argue out of both sides of your mouth. Straight people would also be able to marry someone of the same sex.
You were so ho close ho ho. You were right for the first sentence then just went back to being stupid. At the time, sitting in ones designated space was the law, then the law got changed. When the law gets changed THEN you can act smart for once.
commonpeeps

Monrovia, CA

#152270 Jul 28, 2012
<quoted text>
But they don't allow straight people to marry the same sex, just like gays. So how is it fair to provide special rights to gays that is not provided to straights?
Kind of cool. Like if they call me a derrogatory name like homophobe it's cool. If I call one of them a phaggot I'm a bigot. Hmmmmmmmmmm.
Bill of Wrongs

Amherst, MA

#152271 Jul 28, 2012
Bill Of Rights wrote:
<quoted text>
Well your mouth is open isn't it? LOL,Close it and poof! No more lie's will come out! LOL
You naughty naughty boy you!

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#152272 Jul 28, 2012
akpilot wrote:
The issue is the uniform. You can't wear it to anything political where you might associate the service with the event.
You can't even wear it to a political rally.
I hate to say it, but with all the nonsense Bruno spews on this forum, he did bring up a very interesting point.
Homosexuals claim they want to be treated equally, well this is clearly a case where they have the chance to and may not seize it by wearing their uniform to make a statement, something others cannot do.
While there are always going to be political elements to gay pride parades, they are in and of themselves non-partisan events. It is no more "political" than any other parade made up of diverse elements. My question would be, are they going to complain as loudly about the military color guards and other active duty, uniformed military personnel that are going to be visible at the Republican National Convention (and the Democratic Party's party too)?
Bill of Wrongs

Amherst, MA

#152273 Jul 28, 2012
commonpeeps wrote:
<quoted text>Kind of cool. Like if they call me a derrogatory name like homophobe it's cool. If I call one of them a phaggot I'm a bigot. Hmmmmmmmmmm.
Pretty pathetic isn't it.
Incest and homosexuality are closely related and should be illegal.
ARGUING with IDIOTS

United States

#152274 Jul 28, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>It's not "special" if you have the same right. Geez, buddy.
Correct and that same right we all have is to marry the opposite sex! So why is it fair to attack those that share this equal right?

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#152275 Jul 28, 2012
I take it you're the idiot we're supposed to argue with? Hi. Dear, just like opposite sex marriages, there is no sexual orientation requirement for a same sex marriage either, moron. Just because you probably don't want to take advantage of your right to marry someone of your same sex (whatever that is) doesn't make it a special right for those who do. No more so than you're not wanting to exercise your right to marry a deadbeat parent, felon doing time, who isn't of your same race makes all those other Supreme Court cases the bestowal of a "special right". I'd tell you to think about it, but I'm worried you might hurt yourself.
Mona Lott

Northport, NY

#152279 Jul 28, 2012
<quoted text>
Correct and that same right we all have is to marry the opposite sex! So why is it fair to attack those that share this equal right?
And in some States you also have the right to marry someone of the same sex.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#152280 Jul 28, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not "special" if you have the same right. Geez, buddy.
You already have the same right's- just like everyone else you can marry someone of the opposite sex.

Geez, buddy.
Skylar. c;

Smyrna, TN

#152281 Jul 28, 2012
Oh my god. This is so rude, I'm lesbian and I live in San Diego what if I wanted to get married to a girl? I mean seriously? I have to travel all the quest to a different state to get married? Lovely. What's up with the f***cked up society today.
ARGUING with IDIOTS

Los Angeles, CA

#152285 Jul 28, 2012
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>I take it you're the idiot we're supposed to argue with? Hi. Dear, just like opposite sex marriages, there is no sexual orientation requirement for a same sex marriage either, moron. Just because you probably don't want to take advantage of your right to marry someone of your same sex (whatever that is) doesn't make it a special right for those who do. No more so than you're not wanting to exercise your right to marry a deadbeat parent, felon doing time, who isn't of your same race makes all those other Supreme Court cases the bestowal of a "special right". I'd tell you to think about it, but I'm worried you might hurt yourself.
Try to focus sweet pea!

You said "you probably don't want to take advantage of your right to marry someone of your same sex"

You claim I have that right?
ARGUING with IDIOTS

Los Angeles, CA

#152286 Jul 28, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>And in some States you also have the right to marry someone of the same sex.
Great, so the issue of denying gay marriage is a false argument and gays can marry!
RiccardoFire

Honolulu, HI

#152288 Jul 28, 2012
[QUOTE who="Skylar. c;"]Oh my god. This is so rude, I'm lesbian and I live in San Diego what if I wanted to get married to a girl? I mean seriously? I have to travel all the quest to a different state to get married? Lovely. What's up with the f***cked up society today.[/QUOTE]maybe do as Chaz did.
ARGUING with IDIOTS

Los Angeles, CA

#152290 Jul 28, 2012
[QUOTE who="Skylar. c;"]Oh my god. This is so rude, I'm lesbian and I live in San Diego what if I wanted to get married to a girl? I mean seriously? I have to travel all the quest to a different state to get married? Lovely. What's up with the f***cked up society today.[/QUOTE]

Damn straight girlfriend, excuse the pun.

I would be just as pissed! In fact, you should not tolerate this defunct society one more day. You should stand up for your rights and no longer be oppressed by this society and denounce citizenship immediately!
ARGUING with IDIOTS

United States

#152291 Jul 28, 2012
[QUOTE who="Skylar. c;"]Oh my god. This is so rude, I'm lesbian and I live in San Diego what if I wanted to get married to a girl? I mean seriously? I have to travel all the quest to a different state to get married? Lovely. What's up with the f***cked up society today.[/QUOTE]

By the way Sky, I also am a lesbian, but decided to live anatomically as a male! I'll be down in Laguna next week, wanna hook up at las brisas?

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#152295 Jul 28, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>That's like saying everybody had the equal right to sit in the section assigned to their race.

What special privilege would there be? You homophobes always argue out of both sides of your mouth. Straight people would also be able to marry someone of the same sex.
wrong again ho

It is saying you can sit in any seat you want just like everyone else

Everyone has the same rules

Gays want to change the laws for them and we will not allow you to do that

If you want to marry a male then complete your sex change and do it

Until then you will not be allowed to marry a male
Period

“Facts”

Location hidden

#152296 Jul 28, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>Damn, you're dumb!
Can a man marry a woman? Yes.
Can a woman marry a woman? No.
Yes != No.
Can a woman marry a man? Yes.
Can a man marry man? No.
Yes !=No.

Straight people would also be able to marry someone of the same sex, so there would be no special rights.
Right now, women have a right men don't have, and men have a right women don't have. Why are you against equal rights? Do you hate America?
yes that is a special right as you want to change the meaning of the word marriage

And we will not allow it..........

“Facts”

Location hidden

#152297 Jul 28, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>It's not "special" if you have the same right. Geez, buddy.
yes it is as it requires changing the laws to suit you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sunnyvale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hidden streets of Menlo Park: Croner Avenue 4 hr mar 1
News Trump seeks to dismiss lawsuit over Trump Unive... Fri WasteWater 1
La Victoria's Orange Sauce (Jan '06) Thu TMM 131
Ron Fleishman is the World's Most Underrated Ph... (Sep '15) Thu Great Artist 98
Sprint Customers Beware Thu Egregious Sprint 3
ANyone know what happened to the girl in east p... (Mar '07) Jul 20 No more illegals 43
Gay/bi skype Jul 19 Joelansing789 5

Sunnyvale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sunnyvale Mortgages