Meeting to discuss development of new library in Sunnyvale

Jul 27, 2012 Full story: San Jose Mercury News 6

The bronze statue "Out To Lunch", by artist J. Seward Johnson, Jr., greets patrons entering the Sunnyvale Public Library.

Full Story
TedsLiver

Alamo, CA

#1 Aug 1, 2012
Sunnyvale does not need a new library and does not have the money. The economy is bad plus the city has serious pension issues. The article in the SJ news is a smoke screen stating that circulation at the library is up. What the article does not say is most of this circulation increase is due to online checkouts. Therefore, maybe a better server is needed but, not a costly new building. Our politicians just do not get it!
John Longway

Oakland, CA

#2 Aug 1, 2012
Please build a new library, I need a nice place to sleep in the day time. Also put showers and free washers/dryers in the new library. Maybe free food too.
nuclear zombie name fred

San Jose, CA

#3 Aug 1, 2012
sunnyvale does not need a new library, it is plenty big and was greatly enlarged with the last expansion. that mercury news article is sloppy and inaccurate. there is plenty of space inside and a very nice childrens area.
Harry

San Francisco, CA

#4 Aug 13, 2012
Book my face
Opie Vauter

Berkeley, CA

#5 Aug 14, 2012
No one in this country can read anymore!
Sam Pedro

Oakland, CA

#6 Aug 19, 2012
We need a library for Mexicans only in Sunnyvale!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sunnyvale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 10 hr broombroom 200,977
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 18 hr scoop 2,273
US stocks start lower Fri Newland 36
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Thu zhuzhamm 5,079
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Thu Pizza 16,000
How would you like to/be proposed? Wed Hopeless Romantic 1
entitled punk ass bitch kids Wed old man 1
•••

Sunnyvale News Video

•••
•••

Sunnyvale Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Sunnyvale People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE