Next Last
Pray

Grabill, IN

#1 May 26, 2014
Did she survive? What happened?
So Sad

Louisville, KY

#2 May 26, 2014
WTHR-TV Indianapolis reported that she died. Still being investigated. Prayers to her family.

Indianapolis, IN

#3 May 26, 2014
Very very sad thing. I couldn't imagine something like that happening to me. Prayers 100%
supercurious

Georgetown, OH

#4 May 26, 2014
The little girl died, it was a horrific freak accident, it happened 2 camp sites down from where we was at, one of the girls that was camping in our group gave her cpr until the paramedics arrived, the little girl was camping with her aunt and uncle, such a tragedy to go through, my thoughts and prayers go out to the family,
curious

Louisville, KY

#5 May 26, 2014
Was she a local girl or from out of town?
supercurious

Georgetown, OH

#6 May 26, 2014
They were a couple hours away from home is what I was told, I'm not 100 percent sure though
Knowledge

Grabill, IN

#7 May 26, 2014
CPR? Hope they did not move her or in anyway move her head or tilt her neck. Sometimes well meaning intentions cause more harm. Paramedics do know what they are doing.
True but

Brookville, IN

#8 May 26, 2014
Knowledge wrote:
CPR? Hope they did not move her or in anyway move her head or tilt her neck. Sometimes well meaning intentions cause more harm. Paramedics do know what they are doing.
True, but if you are faced with a patient who is going to die you do what is needed. Life first, then worry about the neck. Without life, concerns about the neck are not well founded. If I'm not breathing, please do what you need to do to save my life first. I will deal with the neck movement problems later. If I live.
True but

Brookville, IN

#9 May 26, 2014
And as long as we are second guessing people who sincerely tried to save a life, where did you earn a medical degree? If you haven't, I'd hope you would not cast doubt where it should not be thrown.

Indianapolis, IN

#10 May 27, 2014
And it starts. I was hoping it would not happen on this thread. Please just let it go, I'm sure nobody means to argue
So Sad

Louisville, KY

#11 May 27, 2014
I wondered how long it would take for some well-meaning intellectual to appear on this thread and flex his/her brain muscles on their knowledge of the subject. Face it, people, a little girl died; there is an aunt and uncle somewhere grieving; there are parents, and maybe siblings grieving over her death. And someone has the audacity to question whether or not she was moved correctly? Then put it out on a public forum for everyone to read? HOW INSENSITIVE!!!! Honestly, where is your compassion for human life?
Pray

Grabill, IN

#12 May 27, 2014
So Sad wrote:
WTHR-TV Indianapolis reported that she died. Still being investigated. Prayers to her family.
Investigated? It sounds like that wouldn't be necessary. Pray for the family.
So Sad

Louisville, KY

#13 May 27, 2014
Pray wrote:
<quoted text>
Investigated? It sounds like that wouldn't be necessary. Pray for the family.
"The accident is still under investigation at this time" This is a quote from the article. I'm not sure what it means either.
Just me

Grafton, OH

#14 May 27, 2014
I wasn't there but want to say thank you to everyone who was involved in trying to save her. Prayers for all involved.
Pray

Grabill, IN

#15 May 27, 2014
So Sad wrote:
<quoted text>
"The accident is still under investigation at this time" This is a quote from the article. I'm not sure what it means either.
Another article said police and sheriff dept are doing the investigation. Blooming Grove fire dept. also called in. I agree with Just Me. Prayers are needed for all involved or stood by.
Hindsite

Milroy, IN

#16 Jun 16, 2014
Rumors about care given by bystanders at the camp site until air care got there. The investigation continues. Were the campsite people involved actually RNs?
ugggh

Lake Villa, IL

#17 Jun 16, 2014
Even if they weren't I doubt they did anything to make it any worse. I think it should let be on here
Chloe

Elmhurst, IL

#18 Jul 1, 2014
I was there at the same site when it happend my mom told them to put a cut below the engery they wouldn't do it
Another RN

Upland, IN

#19 Jul 1, 2014
Chloe wrote:
I was there at the same site when it happend my mom told them to put a cut below the engery they wouldn't do it
Could you be somewhat more specific? I'm not understanding this comment at all. Why would your mom give an order like that?
Doesnt matter

Brookville, IN

#20 Jul 3, 2014
Chloe wrote:
It may be hard to understand why anybody would give this as "an order" (right-no RN is giving me an "order"), but it DOES really point out why it's not a good reason to actually follow this advice. Sounds a bit ill-advised no matter why the comment was made. If it's me, I'll wait for EMS to get there, thanks. They do good work.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sunman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Skyline in Brookville?? 5 hr bob 11
The new SHACK (Aug '16) 12 hr Maverick 36
What Happened at FC Democrat's FB Page? 14 hr RiverRoadRat 4
Nominees for Mayor of Brookville (Aug '12) 14 hr WackyWanda 67
Western store Wed Good laugh 8
Security Camera Monitor Oct 16 219 days ago 2
Swimming Pool vs. Expanded Library in Brookville Oct 16 Bojangles 18

Sunman Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance