2 injured after minivan leaves road, hits tree

Three teenagers were inside a minivan when it left an icy West Michigan roadway Saturday afternoon. Full Story
Jason

Byron Center, MI

#2 Mar 24, 2008
hope everyone turns out OK
cranky

Kalamazoo, MI

#3 Mar 24, 2008
If you saw how the roads were maintained after this past snowstorm.....I am surprised that there were not more collisions and slide-offs......very piss-poor
Mother Trucker

Flint, MI

#4 Mar 24, 2008
16 yrs old was wayyyy to young to be out driving after the storm on Saturday...

What were the parents thinking?

“Yea.. Ya Think So..”

Since: Mar 08

gREENvILLE

#5 Mar 24, 2008
Mother Trucker wrote:
16 yrs old was wayyyy to young to be out driving after the storm on Saturday...
What were the parents thinking?
Obviously they weren't. The roads were horrible!
Tracey

Grand Rapids, MI

#6 Mar 24, 2008
Keeping all of you in my prayers.
thing2

Jackson, MI

#7 Mar 24, 2008
Why do people have to be so judgmental? Why does everyone feel they need to place blame for everything? Have you never heard of an accident? This same thing happened to my mom when I was a kid, with all us kids in the car. She was well over 16 years old at the time. Fortunately, the only thing we slid into was a field about 40 feet off the road. An accident can happen to anybody at anytime...that's why it's called an accident. You shouldn't blame the parents... I, too, am keeping them all in my prayers.

“Yea.. Ya Think So..”

gREENvILLE

#8 Mar 24, 2008
thing2 wrote:
Why do people have to be so judgmental? Why does everyone feel they need to place blame for everything? Have you never heard of an accident? This same thing happened to my mom when I was a kid, with all us kids in the car. She was well over 16 years old at the time. Fortunately, the only thing we slid into was a field about 40 feet off the road. An accident can happen to anybody at anytime...that's why it's called an accident. You shouldn't blame the parents... I, too, am keeping them all in my prayers.
BECAUSE HE IS YOUNG AND INEXPERNCED!
Jeremy

Grand Rapids, MI

#9 Mar 24, 2008
thing2 wrote:
When you can look outside and see ice on the road, you would be an idiot to drive in it.

I was considering getting a hotel room across the street from work instead of driving 18 miles home Friday evening. If I wouldn't have had my Jeep, I would have been sleeping at the Comfort Inn.

Being ignorant and having an accident are two seperate things.
Ken

Elgin, IL

#10 Mar 24, 2008
I was at the accident scene shortly after it happened. The roads were actually pretty clear, mostly just wet with spots of slush and snow. The sun was shining most of the afternoon. She lost control coming over the top of a small hill which is posted at 45 mph due to limited sight distances. Her inexperience probably did play somewhat of a role in the accident. Hopefully everyone gets well soon, the van was literally wrapped around a tree in the ditch.
thing2

Jackson, MI

#11 Mar 24, 2008
I still say you're being judgmental and placing blame unnecessarily.
"He" wasn't driving. "She" was.
And you can't see black ice, it just looks like wet pavement.
Anyway, it's still not the fault of the parents.
Jeremy

Ann Arbor, MI

#12 Mar 24, 2008
thing2 wrote:
I still say you're being judgmental and placing blame unnecessarily.
"He" wasn't driving. "She" was.
And you can't see black ice, it just looks like wet pavement.
Anyway, it's still not the fault of the parents.
I bet you never accept any kind of responsibility for your actions in life.

Location hidden

#13 Mar 24, 2008
Jeremy wrote:
<quoted text>
When you can look outside and see ice on the road, you would be an idiot to drive in it.
I was considering getting a hotel room across the street from work instead of driving 18 miles home Friday evening. If I wouldn't have had my Jeep, I would have been sleeping at the Comfort Inn.
Being ignorant and having an accident are two seperate things.
Do you realize you just contradicted yourself?

First you say if there's ice on the road you'd be an idiot to drive.

Then you said you drove home??!!
A friend of them

Macomb, MI

#14 Mar 24, 2008
Thank you to the people that are supporting them in a time of need.
For the others that are trying to blame someone:
Why? Obviously there is gonna be people driving on the road even if it is slippery. We have school on days that we shouldn't and people slip all the way to their school.
Did anyone maybe consider that they were on their way home? The artical doesn't say that, now does it?
Stop blaming people for things they didn't do....the parents did not do anything wrong.
How many parents let their kids go out with their friends that drive? Accidents can happen at any time and to anyone.
thing2

Jackson, MI

#15 Mar 24, 2008
Jeremy--why on earth would you say I never accept responsibility for any actions in my life? Just because I don't blame the parents for letting their 16 year old kids drive when they happen to get in an accident does not make me irresponsible. No need to go attacking me when you have no idea at all about me. Inexperience may have had a big part in this accident, but maybe not. Accidents happen to everyone. All I was saying the first time through is why do people have to place blame for everything? How come somebody has to be blamed for this kind of an accident?
People have no compassion. Something tragic like this happens in someone else's life and all everyone wants to do is point fingers. At least they weren't drinking.
And yea, you called yourself an idiot because you drove home with ice on the road after you said you'd be an idiot to drive with ice on the road.
Jeremy

Ann Arbor, MI

#16 Mar 24, 2008
You're absolutely right, I was an idiot for driving home Friday evening. Hell, I'll be the first to admit that one. If I would have been paying attention to the weather, I would have left work earlier.

I still think it's the responsibility of the parents to keep their children home when the weather is horrible. I know my parents wouldn't have let me leave the house if I was 16.

As a matter of fact, my mom called me before I left the office Friday and told me to be very careful on the way home.

Like I said before, I had enough sense not to be on the roads Saturday morning.
Another Mom

Macomb, MI

#17 Mar 25, 2008
Jeremy - You must've been wearing a hoodie that day.
Jeremy

Grand Rapids, MI

#18 Mar 25, 2008
Another Mom wrote:
Jeremy - You must've been wearing a hoodie that day.
I am not affiliated with any gangs in Kalamazoo.:)
Another Mom

Macomb, MI

#19 Mar 25, 2008
I do know the 16 year old boy that was in critical condition had surgery yesterday. I was hoping to see some update on this article but none so far. My prayers for him, his family and those involved. Hope more of you would pray for him rather than pointing fingers. Accidents happen to adults and young alike.
dbear_15

Grant, MI

#20 Mar 25, 2008
I personally know the 16 yr old boy. He is a wonderful person. At puupet practice at church every sunday he was always wearing a bright smile. one that i will miss very much. I pray that he comes out of this and that god watches over him and everyone involved. I especially pray for those who are so cold hearted to blame others and who try and turn this tradegy into a big horror fest. I hope God will lay his hands upon Luke and quickly and thouroghly heal him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sunfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2015 Popularity of Ford Crossover-utility Vehic... Aug '14 mamamoe 1
SpartanNash closing Family Fare store in Cedar ... Aug '14 Linda DeKlein 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Sunfield, MI (Jan '12) May '14 US Citizen 07 5
Debate: Gay Marriage - Lake Odessa, MI (Oct '11) May '14 US Citizen 07 16
Debate: Election Poll, June 2012 - Sunfield, MI (Jun '12) Jun '12 Colonel Sanders 1
Debate: Obama-Marriage - Sunfield, MI (May '12) May '12 Colonel Sanders 1
Debate: Abortion Debate - Sunfield, MI (Jan '12) Jan '12 Sharon 1
Sunfield Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Sunfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Sunfield News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Sunfield

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News