Speedy Electric "The Homeowner Electrician"
Posted in the Suncoast Estates Forum
#1 Feb 27, 2013
I need for people to beware of this company either if you are hiring them or if you are looking to be employeed by the company. There is a listing on Craig's list for this company for a "Customer Service Specialist" and a "Electrician". If something should happen and they decide that they do not want you to work for them any more you will not receive your paycheck with out a huge fight and having to do this or contacting the labor board or an attorney. The master Electrician's license is on probation for not pulling proper permits for a local hotel on Ft. Myers Beach. The company will not refund you money if you are due. I am not the only ex employeee that they have refused to pay. They also take the overtime off your check and will only pay you a straight 40 hours. This company has a good rating on Angie's list but is not an ethical company. You need to check the license status of anyone that you hire before you hire so you know that your are getting the service that you deserve. Employees PLEASE watch what you are getting into she will tell you all sorts of things like she had another electrical company worth millions and she wants you to grow this company with her. She started me for 2 weeks on hourly and changed me to salary then changed me back to hourly nothing is consistant she will yell in your face watched her call an employee a liar this is not how an employeer should act. THIS IS A WARNING FOR EVERYONE OUT THERE I DONT WANT WHAT HAPPEN TO ME TO HAPPEN TO YOU. She refuses to allow me to pick up my last 2 checks and says she mailed it but it has been a week and still no check. I had an ex employees check in the drawer for a month and she said just let it sit I'll show him so please beware!!!
#2 Mar 2, 2013
1. Regarding "the Master Electricians license being on probation" Master Electrician has met with The Licensing Electrical Board regarding providing a small job on Fort Myers Beach and not pulling permit in 2009 which is currently working with Electrical Board, Local Permitting Office and Hotel to correct the issue. This was not due to the Master Electrician not wanting to pull a permit it was due to the job being very small at the time and the Hotel did not want to pull a permit and pay for. Speedy Electric has a very good reputation with inspectors of all of Lee, Collier and Charlotte Counties- Even the inspectors who have inspected the job at the hotel have commented on the confusion of needing a permit for this job. The Electrical Licensing Board asked if we were charging for this correction Master Electrician said No and they recommended we charge for it. Master Electrician said he is responsible for his mistakes and thought he was not allowed to charge for his mistake.
2. The company does not have any money to refund.
3. This company is very ethical, however makes the mistake sometimes and do it's due diligence when interviewing someone to represent their company. Which is why immediately after the Danielle experience they contacted Sam Black Consulting to initiate a pre-screening SOS II First Step test that focuses on Reliability, Integrity and work ethic to pass before being hired for the Customer Service Professional Position
4. Yes we Highly recommend checking the license of any company you hire to work in your home or business.
5. The person who hired Danielle grew an electrical company from 0 to a million in sales.(Not worth millions) there is a Big Difference between the two.
6. There is a probation period of 2 weeks for the Customer Service Professional Position - Danielle failed to mention that within her first 60 days of employment she was out for 2 weeks which made the company reevaluate her reliability and her pay structure was changed with her agreement due to her lack of showing up to work.
7. The only yelling that took place was Danielle losing her temper after being approached by her manager regarding customer complaints on her behavior and lack of ability to provide professional customer service. Company received 3 complaints within a 60 day period of her behavior on the phone. She scheduled a customer having smoke detectors going off at 5 am in the morning a week out and her supervisor got a call saying they could not wait a week. When Danielle was approached about the problem it was on Wednesday February 20th at 11:35 am Danielle lost her temper screaming at her supervisor very aggressively and her Supervisor was caught off guard of her lack of ability to control her temper and told her to go to lunch and get herself together. Danielle kept screaming do you want me to come back? Again her supervisor told her to go to lunch and regain her composure. Danielle went home and never came back to work that day. This is when the company said do not come back. Danielle called up later in afternoon demanding her paychecks that were not due until the next two Fridays. Payroll had not even been received yet it was a Wednesday payday is not until Friday! The company has an obligation to hire professionals, Danielle's behavior was not professional.
8. The ex-employee check is speaking of was a small check from an employee that owed the company for uniforms when he quit for the 3rd time and still has a very good relationship with the company.
We highly recommend to any company seeking employees to give Sam Black a call and screen all candidates with the SOS II pre-screening evaluation. Beware of the Candidates that will give a good interview and capable of faking their true personalities and anger issues that come out later.
Add your comments below
|who has the best boobs in town ?||Sep 23||Prince John||2|
|Obesity has NO excuses in Southwest Florida! (Jul '15)||Sep 22||Healthy minute||18|
|Babe's is still hiring! (Jul '15)||Sep 22||Strip club man||17|
|Vacant parcels up and down US 41! How unnecesa...||Sep 22||Tommy||11|
|Student uses bagpipes to drown out anti-gay a p...||Sep 21||Sledge||50|
|Rap music is the scourge of ALL nightlife! (Jan '16)||Sep 21||Prince John||25|
|Punta Gorda man accuses Charlotte Co. deputy of...||Sep 20||disapointed with ...||1|
Find what you want!
Search Suncoast Estates Forum Now
Copyright © 2016 Topix LLC