“Fully Conservative”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#2 May 20, 2011
An empty lot...
OBB

Oliver Springs, TN

#3 May 21, 2011
I heard it might be a Dollar General Market.
RN-Lady

Columbia, SC

#4 May 23, 2011
Dollar General is hiring for a manager for Sunbright. Information is located on their website.
myname

United States

#5 May 24, 2011
Thats Great news for Sunbright!!!
mee

Wartburg, TN

#6 May 24, 2011
i didnt see anything on their website. great news if it works out.. i may be looking in wrong spot
RN-Lady

Columbia, SC

#7 May 24, 2011
RN-Lady

Columbia, SC

#8 May 24, 2011
The job is still there, the link isn't working right.

Job Description
STORE MANAGER - Sunbright,TN
Description
Are you a take-charge retail manager with a gift for motivating people? If you love merchandising, sales and the excitement of hands on retail position, check into becoming a Dollar General Store Manager. We're one of the fastest growing discount retail companies in America with more than 9,200 neighborhood stores in 35 states. We offer tremendous career growth opportunities for our employees that get results. Begin a career with a company that is growing by hundreds of stores a year. Our Store Managers participate in a 2-week training program that may require out of town travel.

Recruit, interview, hire, train and coach their store team.
Control expenses, shrinkage and inventory levels in the store
Provide a clean, fun and safe environment for their employees and customers.
Order product, stock shelves, set plan-o-grams and create promotional displays.

Qualifications

Ability to read and interpret documents such as diagrams, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals.
Ability to perform mathematical calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages.
Knowledge of cash handling procedures including cashier accountability and deposit control.
Ability to perform IBM cash register functions to generate reports.
Knowledge of inventory management and merchandising practices.
Effective oral and written communication skills.
Effective interpersonal skills.
Knowledge of recruiting, interviewing, hiring, counseling and termination practices including legal compliance and internal processes.
Knowledge of cash, facility and safety control policies and practices (deposits, store keys, SAFE program, etc.)
Good organization skills with attention to detail.
Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of situations where limited standardization exists.
Minimum 1 year experience managing a similar small box retail, grocery or convenience store environment or department manager experience in a big box environment.

Benefits:

Competitive Salary
Annual bonus potential
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
401 K
And More!

Relocation assistance is not available for this position.

Dollar General Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Job
Retail Management
Primary Location
Tennessee
Organization
Retail
Job Type
Standard
Shift
Variable

Send this job to a friend
Send this job description to a friend by email. All the relevant details will be included in the message.Send this job to a friend
RN-Lady

Columbia, SC

#9 May 24, 2011
You can also go through Indeed jobs. The link will take you to the Sunbright job posting on Dollar General's website. Managers are usually hired a month or more before any other employee is. This would be a great for Sunbright and would bring a few more jobs.
mee

Wartburg, TN

#10 May 25, 2011
RN-Lady wrote:
You can also go through Indeed jobs. The link will take you to the Sunbright job posting on Dollar General's website. Managers are usually hired a month or more before any other employee is. This would be a great for Sunbright and would bring a few more jobs.
ty for the 411. this is awesome for us... YAYYYYYYY
Atomic

Wartburg, TN

#11 Jun 23, 2011
We need an actual GROCERY STORE... not a Dollar General. For SB to change, people have to be willing to change it, a Dollar General isnt gonna help our town financially. A grocery store would.
FYI

United States

#12 Jun 23, 2011
Atomic wrote:
We need an actual GROCERY STORE... not a Dollar General. For SB to change, people have to be willing to change it, a Dollar General isnt gonna help our town financially. A grocery store would.
Just what do you think a dollar General Market is there brains ? They didn't say dollar general store there is a difference the dollar general market is a grocery store It's not like the one in wartburg ! Get out of sunbright more often and you might know these things !
Atomic

Wartburg, TN

#13 Jun 23, 2011
FYI wrote:
<quoted text> Just what do you think a dollar General Market is there brains ? They didn't say dollar general store there is a difference the dollar general market is a grocery store It's not like the one in wartburg ! Get out of sunbright more often and you might know these things !
I'm sorry. Have you been to the Bahamas, Mexico, Haiti? Please tell me if you have. I'm never in SB, this is just where my house is, so I have to come here to sleep and eat. And I heard it was gnna be a store, not a market. I was going off of old information, so please refrain from being rude.
lol ole me

Wartburg, TN

#14 Jun 25, 2011
from what i hear it was orignally supposed to be a dollar general market but they wasn't able to get enough land there to build one plus have parking lot so they decided on just a dollar general
hmmmm

Oliver Springs, TN

#15 Jun 26, 2011
Yeah!!!! We so need something closer with a name brand on it like the "Dollar General Store"...The last time that i went to the "Dollar Depot",all that i needed was "MENS" deodorant...all that they had was 4 different kinds of women's deodorant..1 of each.. oh well,i guess they don't feel the need to keep their stock up to par..in case anyone's wondering i did have to go to Wartburg to make my purchase..
Karl Childers

Powder Springs, GA

#16 Jun 28, 2011
What they got good to eat in thar? I like em french fried potaters.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sunbright Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kevin Hamby 24 min Make yah think 47
Jeanette Coffey 3 hr Inquiring minds w... 24
Prison guard arrested 13 hr Makingadifference 58
Best Free Scanner App for Morgan County 19 hr Kevin Lamance 1
Hardee's firings 20 hr customer 51
News Crews searching large area for missing Morgan C... 21 hr John 30
Sheriff Lawsuits/salaries for family Thu Bobbie 5

Sunbright Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance