Sunbright Woman Must Repay State afte...

Sunbright Woman Must Repay State after TennCare, Food Stamp Fraud Convictions

There are 7 comments on the news.tennesseeanytime.org story from Jan 7, 2009, titled Sunbright Woman Must Repay State after TennCare, Food Stamp Fraud Convictions. In it, news.tennesseeanytime.org reports that:

A Morgan County woman accused of obtaining TennCare benefits she did not qualify for must repay the state for medical and pharmacy services. She must also reimburse the state for food stamps she received from the Department of Human Services.

The Office of Inspector General announced that 38-year old Donna Renee Roberts of Sunbright pleaded guilty to one count of theft of property, a Class C felony, and two counts of food stamp fraud. She received three years of judicial diversion and must repay TennCare over $21,000 for benefits she received and almost $8,000 restitution to DHS for food stamps she received. Roberts was also fined $1,000.

Roberts was indicted in September 2007 on the felony theft of property charge and food stamp fraud for intentionally and repeatedly failing to report information that would have disqualified her for TennCare. District Attorney General Russell Johnson prosecuted this case.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.tennesseeanytime.org.

Since: Jun 07

United States

#1 Jan 7, 2009
Kind of socked-it-to-her?
MoCo Prag

Van Wert, OH

#2 Jan 7, 2009
She's my kind of hillbilly: Selfish, stupid, and a burden to homo sapien society. We can't kick her out of the club, so the least she could do is pay for membership --like the tax payers who supported her.
Hold on

Riceville, TN

#3 Jan 8, 2009
One thing that is absent from this article...
How long did it take her to accumulate $21,000 worth of TennCare benefits, and $8,000 worth of foodstamps?

I really have no idea what to expect. I guess TennCare could accumulate quickly since it covers medical expenses... One good trip to the hospital could easily account for that.

But $8,000 in Food Stamps? I have no clue, but is that like a year's worth? 2 years? I support a family of 2, we budget (and usually spend)$150/wk in groceries. So that's $3,900 annually. Do these other Hillbilly's I see running around barefoot in Sunbright get $8K a year for food?!

I had to work retail a few years ago to make money to drive myself to school to actually make something of myself... What I'm about to say is not a joke. One of my coworkers came in and bought like 10 sticks of beef jerky with her Food Stamp card. She said it was for her dogs. "They love it!" I could not believe what I was hearing.
Here I was, 17 years old, having to work to put myself through Community College,(with very little Financial Aid), and I was working with a 30ish woman that was so back woods retarded that the only job she could get was at a gas station, but had enough government cheese rolling in that her dogs got to eat Beef Jerky.

And I should mention, while working at this fine establishment I spent most of my work day pandering to people scratching off lottery tickets for hours at a time. Often it would be mid-afternoon, and there would be 2 or 3 people just hanging around scratching off lottery tickets, blowing $20 at a time. Redeeming maybe 2 or 3 "free tickets" each. Obviously they didn't have a job to be at. I think I have the phrase "Gimme one a'dem lucky sebems!" being rasped out between 3 smoke colored teeth burned into my brain.

Of course, let's not forget the families that live in the "ghetto" at Wartburg. Anyone from there knows what I'm talking about. Big ole greasy fat ladies would bring their 4 kids in and buy them tons of candy, gum, Cokes, etc on the good ole Food Stamp card, which was printed to look like an American Flag. Most of these customers would then produce a wad of crumpled bills from their pocket and buy a few packs of "USA GOLD lights".

Well... I guess I rambled, but I'm not deleting all this I just typed. This place makes me want to kill myself. I guess if I did the average IQ score would dip below 70 and the town would be completely retarded again.

Maybe I am a little 'elitist'. I've worked my ass off since graduating from this town's podunk High School, and I've actually made something of myself, so I really am better than 80% of the population in this shit hole, getting fat on their government cheese.

/rant off
MoCo Prag

Van Wert, OH

#4 Jan 8, 2009
A very entertaining reminiscence from 'Hold on' It faded a little at the end with all the "I" statements. Scratch-off lottery tickets, high processed beef products for the pets; and so few folks with enough sense or dignity to hide their buffoonery from the neighbors. I think this is the part where we all yell out "We are ... Wartburg!"
Shazam

Riceville, TN

#5 Jan 9, 2009
Just think how many more of these poor unfortunate souls will be able to ride the government cheese wagon with B. Hussein Obama handing out the goods.

Oh snap!
PurpleRain

Winfield, TN

#6 Jan 21, 2009
She not by self by all means I've hear of a couple that both work union jobs at the plants in O.R. have union insurance and by the way double coverage.But the woman is expecting a baby and hear she wasn't worry because she was on TennCare. What the Hell!!! Triple coverage Now.
bubba

Oliver Springs, TN

#7 Jan 22, 2009
PurpleRain wrote:
She not by self by all means I've hear of a couple that both work union jobs at the plants in O.R. have union insurance and by the way double coverage.But the woman is expecting a baby and hear she wasn't worry because she was on TennCare. What the Hell!!! Triple coverage Now.
http://www.tncarefraud.tennessee.gov/TennCare...
I think you make something like a thousand bucks if a conviction is made on someone you report :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sunbright Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Woman guard at MCCX 4 hr Hushpuppy 9
WB vs. SB 5 hr steven 13
drugs 15 hr gooble gobble 15
Steve cochran 17 hr officer 5
70-0 Tue Jealously 45
CHS dress code Sep 17 JoJo 19
Rhett Walls is a theif. Sep 16 Curious 3

Sunbright Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance