Groups in Sun Cities join forces to f...

Groups in Sun Cities join forces to fight water hike proposals

There are 5 comments on the Daily News Sun story from Feb 9, 2010, titled Groups in Sun Cities join forces to fight water hike proposals. In it, Daily News Sun reports that:

Community leaders in Sun City and Sun City West met Monday afternoon to discuss teaming up against Arizona American Water's upcoming water rate case, a move several of the participants described as an unprecedented level of cooperation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily News Sun.

Bill33614

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1 Feb 9, 2010
I see all the involved groups getting together to help in this effort - BUT NO REAL ESTATE PEOPLE. I, along with others, are considering moving to the area and once again, the Real Eate people are just interested in their commissions, no community involvement.
Bill

Belgium, WI

#4 Feb 16, 2010
Bill33614 wrote:
I see all the involved groups getting together to help in this effort - BUT NO REAL ESTATE PEOPLE. I, along with others, are considering moving to the area and once again, the Real Eate people are just interested in their commissions, no community involvement.
You are right about Realtors !! Don't you like the Tampa area ? Someone told it's nice around Largo . The Air is real bad around Phoenix and Sun City , one of the worst areas in the West now for clean air. the Air is much better where you are at . I have been thinking about Largo and Sun City for retirement , but the Air pollution is so bad in Phoenix and Sun City it kind of turned me off to that area. Do you know anything about Largo ? Thanks
JW Simms

Surprise, AZ

#5 Feb 16, 2010
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right about Realtors !! Don't you like the Tampa area ? Someone told it's nice around Largo . The Air is real bad around Phoenix and Sun City , one of the worst areas in the West now for clean air. the Air is much better where you are at . I have been thinking about Largo and Sun City for retirement , but the Air pollution is so bad in Phoenix and Sun City it kind of turned me off to that area. Do you know anything about Largo ? Thanks
Whoever told you about Largo, was absolutely correct, Largo is a fantastically beautiful area in which to reside. In Largo the air is pure,clean and sweet to the smell, traffic is minimal as is human traffic as well, in Largo, people are not bumping elbows just walking down the streets as they do in the sun cities and Surprise area. You are right about the air in sun city and Phoenix, Surprise Arizona, is also a mess, people walk around with their head in a brown cloud 24/7 and there is always that incessant sewage smell. Do yourself and us a favor, carefully check out Largo, we have way too damn many snowbirds here now! we sure as hell don't need any more permanent residents. J.W. Simms.
Bill

Belgium, WI

#6 Feb 17, 2010
JW Simms wrote:
<quoted text>Whoever told you about Largo, was absolutely correct, Largo is a fantastically beautiful area in which to reside. In Largo the air is pure,clean and sweet to the smell, traffic is minimal as is human traffic as well, in Largo, people are not bumping elbows just walking down the streets as they do in the sun cities and Surprise area. You are right about the air in sun city and Phoenix, Surprise Arizona, is also a mess, people walk around with their head in a brown cloud 24/7 and there is always that incessant sewage smell. Do yourself and us a favor, carefully check out Largo, we have way too damn many snowbirds here now! we sure as hell don't need any more permanent residents. J.W. Simms.
Thank you !!! You will get a Gold Star for the day !! Sun City West sounds great to me....see you around .
RE Macs

Peoria, AZ

#7 Mar 18, 2010
You can't stop the water price hike. It is ways of capitalism to jack up the cost of living. Yo need to get rid of the greedy investors first. The tax payers paid so much already for this water & private investors want to be part of this peace if money making pie.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sun City West Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay or Bi FaceTime (Jul '12) Aug 18 Hossdog14 13
Youngstown Music Thread (Apr '16) Aug 18 Musikologist 4
News 'I want them to talk about racism everyday': Ba... Aug 17 KOPEL is evil 1
News Body found in desert near Sun City West (Feb '07) Aug 10 Lorna 3
post feature points referral codes here (May '15) Aug 8 Yuca_24 27
fake chef darrell quigg (Mar '08) Aug 4 imgood 72
News Cleaning chemicals cause evacuation in Phoenix Aug 1 Bubba 2

Sun City West Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance