Alarming Prices

There are 4 comments on the ABC15.com story from May 22, 2007, titled Alarming Prices. In it, ABC15.com reports that:

It all starts with a free meal and safety presentation - but many say it's just a ruse to get in your home and sell you something you may not need.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ABC15.com.

Carlos Sanchez

San Antonio, TX

#1 Oct 30, 2007
I have been to the masterguard presentation and it was wonderful. The fire safety advisor were very professional and very willing to answer all my questions promptly. I know you can probaly get a cheaper smoke detector. But, you don,t get any service with a $20.00 smoke detector that is made in japan. The masterguard unit are made in the U.S.A. The awarenes that this company is providing to the public is priceless. The fire authority should be assamed that they let the goverment sale a detector that has a 55.8% failure rate!!! Also the fire department are not providing this kind of awareness to the public. So as a consumer you might wnat to watch who you listen to because how many fire fighters have problaly not had to go in a fire to rescue people because of masterguard products. Also quit crying about a purchase you made as a consumer and had three day to back out without any pentalies. So why don't we feel honored that we got this opptunity to see this. Thank You Carlos
Duane Danner

United States

#2 Aug 11, 2008
I have a master gurad system and have had it for 13 years, I am totally pleased with it. I would like to see what happens to a first alert or and other unit when you take it down and sumerge it in water to wash our the dust and dirt and then dry it out and put a battery back in it and it is ready to go for another year. one on the cheap ones you would have to thrown away. What is the price tag on your life or a childs life. I go to bed everynight knowing that if there is a file I will be woken in time to get out of the house.

No failed units!!!!!!!!
Thomas Cardy

Concord, MI

#3 Oct 8, 2008
Carlos works for masterguard!
Carlos Sanchez wrote:
I have been to the masterguard presentation and it was wonderful. The fire safety advisor were very professional and very willing to answer all my questions promptly. I know you can probaly get a cheaper smoke detector. But, you don,t get any service with a $20.00 smoke detector that is made in japan. The masterguard unit are made in the U.S.A. The awarenes that this company is providing to the public is priceless. The fire authority should be assamed that they let the goverment sale a detector that has a 55.8% failure rate!!! Also the fire department are not providing this kind of awareness to the public. So as a consumer you might wnat to watch who you listen to because how many fire fighters have problaly not had to go in a fire to rescue people because of masterguard products. Also quit crying about a purchase you made as a consumer and had three day to back out without any pentalies. So why don't we feel honored that we got this opptunity to see this. Thank You Carlos
Thomas Cardy

Concord, MI

#4 Oct 8, 2008
Duane works for Masterguard!
Duane Danner wrote:
I have a master gurad system and have had it for 13 years, I am totally pleased with it. I would like to see what happens to a first alert or and other unit when you take it down and sumerge it in water to wash our the dust and dirt and then dry it out and put a battery back in it and it is ready to go for another year. one on the cheap ones you would have to thrown away. What is the price tag on your life or a childs life. I go to bed everynight knowing that if there is a file I will be woken in time to get out of the house.
No failed units!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sun City West Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Greenway 303 Chiropractic - William M B... (Dec '10) 5 hr and how 7
a peoria plumbing 5 hr what a j off 1
We need to help one another 5 hr wide awake 2
Making them happy 5 hr grow up 8
What have you heard about the clerk? Wed Stop the nonsense... 1
News Drunk drivers don't read "Wrong Way" signs Jul 23 Silly times 2
News To My Surprise Airport Shuttle Service shuttles... (Oct '10) Apr '15 Angela K 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sun City West Mortgages