Billboard mania ripples across Sun City

Sep 14, 2009 Full story: Peoria Today 9

Bill Szentmiklosi has received the calls from homeowners concerned about the billboards popping up in Sun City.

Read more

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#1 Sep 14, 2009
I believe they can be taken down easily with a chain saw. Otherwise, perhaps defacing them is the best strategy. You can bet the people putting them up don't give a damn what we want, so do something about it.

Location hidden

#2 Sep 15, 2009
If you will run a search you will find that Tucson, Los Angeles, and cities across the nation are getting rid of billboards. Don't let them put up any in our home. Lamar, Clear Channel, and other companies have announced plans to get rid of some of their billboards. Are they planning on making up lost revenues by blighting our homes?
Taxpayer

AOL

#3 Sep 15, 2009
laojim wrote:
If you will run a search you will find that Tucson, Los Angeles, and cities across the nation are getting rid of billboards. Don't let them put up any in our home. Lamar, Clear Channel, and other companies have announced plans to get rid of some of their billboards. Are they planning on making up lost revenues by blighting our homes?
Don't support the 2 gas stations or the merchants in the shopping center until they are removed. Case settled by residents

Location hidden

#4 Sep 15, 2009
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't support the 2 gas stations or the merchants in the shopping center until they are removed. Case settled by residents
I will certainly never buy gas at 99th and greeway again. Do I have to see this monstrosity from my home? I feel cheated.
Taxpayer

AOL

#5 Oct 25, 2009
laojim wrote:
<quoted text>
I will certainly never buy gas at 99th and greeway again. Do I have to see this monstrosity from my home? I feel cheated.
Hey I actually saw it today. It is for rent. Rent it and put on it "Take this billboard down"

Location hidden

#6 Oct 25, 2009
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey I actually saw it today. It is for rent. Rent it and put on it "Take this billboard down"
Well, find out how much they want and we'll start a collection. I'll be home in a few days.
Taxpayer

AOL

#7 Oct 25, 2009
laojim wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, find out how much they want and we'll start a collection. I'll be home in a few days.
You still in Illinois?
Taxpayer

AOL

#8 Oct 28, 2009
laojim wrote:
<quoted text>
Too late it has been rented

Location hidden

#9 Oct 28, 2009
Oh well, it can't be seen from my place and it faces 99th rather than 103rd.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sun City West Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kenny Robertson 2 hr Curious 1
Peoria City Court Again Haunted by Corrupt Past (Aug '08) 18 hr betty 2
News Former Fugitive Sentenced to Prison for Health ... (Mar '09) Tue Lola 127
Community Center in Wittmann Mar 23 desertrocks 3
Kenny Robertson Mar 22 Curious 1
Hair stylist/Colorist Mar 22 Ruthanne Sanders 2
News To My Surprise Airport Shuttle Service shuttles... (Oct '10) Nov '14 Ted Smith 2
Sun City West Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Sun City West People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]