Tampa man gets 9 years for criminal i...

Tampa man gets 9 years for criminal identity theft

There are 3 comments on the ABC Action News story from Apr 9, 2008, titled Tampa man gets 9 years for criminal identity theft. In it, ABC Action News reports that:

Attorney General Bill McCollum today announced that a Tampa man was sentenced to nine years in prison after pleading guilty to multiple criminal counts of identity theft. via ABC Action News

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ABC Action News.

David F Petrano Esq

United States

#1 Apr 11, 2008
Hmm.. we are to believe AG McCollum is right there in the front lines fighting identity theft.

The fact is, under AG McCollum, a certain element at the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles churns out false driver licenses whenever doing so furthers someone's dubious agenda (likely within FDLE's Operation FLEX)

Moreover, certain officials at DHSMV with access keys have been known to "validify" the false license by actually allowing the false driver license information to appear on on DHSMV's license validation section on their web cite.

The case in the article is nothing but window-dressing. If AG McCollum wanted to stop identity theft, he would immediately do the following:

Immediately allow the Federal Bureau of Investigation to conduct an internal audit at DHSMV headquarters and is numerous locations throughout FL.
CIT Victim

Columbus, GA

#2 Nov 23, 2008
This is not Criminal Identity Theft, it's no wonder my life is still a wreck. This is a clear case of Identity Fraud which IS a form of Identity Theft (the most common form in fact) but it IS NOT Criminal Identity Theft. Criminal Identity Theft is the use of someone's identity to establish a criminal record. When someone provides a false identity upon being arrested THAT is Criminal Identity Theft. I don't know why I'm even bothering to try to explain the distinction. It has been made painfully obvious to me over the past couple of years that no one really cares, ESPECIALLY Law Enforcement. However, just so that you and anyone who reads this will have an accurate understanding of what Criminal Identity Theft is and how much more damaging it is than Identity Fraud (Financial Identity Theft), I will explain the difference.

1. Someone was arrested and had a fake driver's license with my full name, Social Security Number, and Date of Birth.

2. Perpetrator was arrested, incarcerated, then released on bond.

3. Perpetrator was issued a court date for which he did not appear.

4. A warrant was issued for MY arrest although I have never been arrested or convicted for a crime.

5. Arresting agency passed false arrest information to State Agency.

6. State Agency passed false arrest information to Federal Agency.

7. Federal Agency SOLD false information to HUNDREDS of background providers.

8. After being laid off from my job I could not gain employment. I had been unemployed for over a year and a half when ONE out of the literally HUNDREDS of companies I have applied with in the past decade told me they could not hire me due to my criminal background. What criminal background? I have never been arrested! I am still unable to gain employment even after obtaining clearance from the Department of Justice because the companies which provide background checks are not monitored, regulated, or required to change erroneous information.

Thanks for contributing to the problem.
Foil Hat Club

Tampa, FL

#3 Nov 24, 2008
David F Petrano Esq wrote:
...The fact is, under AG McCollum, a certain element at the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles churns out false driver licenses whenever doing so furthers someone's dubious agenda (likely within FDLE's Operation FLEX)
Moreover, certain officials at DHSMV with access keys have been known to "validify" the false license by actually allowing the false driver license information to appear on on DHSMV's license validation section on their web cite...
You say "the fact is..."
Where exactly do your "facts" come from?

Wouldn't you be more accurate in saying "I believe..." or "the voices tell me..."?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sun-City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2600 Meetings needed locally. Jun 9 Ashh 2
lgbt safe community Jun 2 Ellen 1
Kay Hine is "Murdered" not "Missing" in 1972. (Aug '08) Apr '16 Kays Daughter 43
Hilda Richter (nee Langston) Mar '16 Susan 2
Pest Control Feb '16 B Rubble 1
New Home Construction in Bay Park area near 12t... Feb '16 Rlee4 1
Restaurants (Jun '15) Jan '16 Middle Lake Kids 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sun-City Mortgages