Cities, counties find loophole to red...

Cities, counties find loophole to red-light cameras, fines

There are 5 comments on the HeraldTribune.com story from Feb 23, 2008, titled Cities, counties find loophole to red-light cameras, fines. In it, HeraldTribune.com reports that:

“We've had about 3,000 people take a $100 violation”

Florida law prohibits local governments from using images from cameras mounted at intersections to issue traffic tickets, but some cities have found a loophole. via HeraldTribune.com

Join the discussion below, or Read more at HeraldTribune.com.

JACK APOPKA

United States

#1 Mar 6, 2008
Leave it to Apopka they will find a loop hole.
DOT says it will not put cameras on State high ways because it is not legal.
APOPKA has never been a so called legal town.. The Apopka Police have allways been noted as CROOKS.
William Moore

Tampa, FL

#2 Jul 10, 2008
filled out twice
William Moore

Tampa, FL

#3 Jul 10, 2008
this is the third and last time i will fill it out ---i wanted to receive the info,
Saving Lives

Altamonte Springs, FL

#4 Sep 5, 2008
Looks like Jack must have gotten a violation notice. Seems like Apopka set the standard for the rest of the state to follow. Why are 15 other counties and municipalities following suit with the installation of cameras BECAUSE THEY WORK. The number of violators are down and the intersections are much safer. And take the time to look, Orlando just installed 10 cameras at some of their worst intersections. ITS ABOUT SAVING LIVES JACK, or should we call you a JACKASS because you don't see the bigger picture.
bluskies

Lakeland, FL

#5 Jun 25, 2010
I agree with 'Saving Lives'.The big picture is the one that counts.

RAMBOS make good story lines for movies--they make heinous drivers in real life--Fl. has more than their share due to the lax enforcement of MV laws.

Those that are considerate of others and value life in general need not be concerned about the cameras--they are there to protect you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sun-City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dr. Craig Amshel, MD Opens New Office in Sun Ci... (Nov '13) Apr '18 Maryann Conley 2
Kay Hine is "Murdered" not "Missing" in 1972. (Aug '08) Apr '18 john David hine 91
Sunny Hills Florida Vacant Lots (May '06) Mar '18 Food Lover 3,223
Theodora Nuzzi McCann Mar '18 spy 1
News Lack of mail delivery has some Parrish resident... Dec '17 simplify123 2
News Ex-boyfriend charged in Ruskin double shooting (Sep '09) Oct '17 183tmt 39
News Gannon University's Ruskin Campus Adds Programs (Jul '17) Jul '17 diversity audit 1

Sun-City Jobs

Personal Finance

Sun-City Mortgages