REGION: Latinos lead local population...

REGION: Latinos lead local population growth

There are 213 comments on the The Californian story from Dec 8, 2008, titled REGION: Latinos lead local population growth. In it, The Californian reports that:

The Latino population continues to grow faster than other segments of Southwest County communities, and Latinos now outnumber whites in Lake Elsinore, according to a survey released late Monday by the U.S. ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Californian.

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
wendy

Santa Ana, CA

#211 Feb 19, 2010
In a survey of problems afflicting Southern states, troubled schools are usually at the top of the list. But if the results of the latest Education Week report card are to be believed, there's some good news for the South:

* Of the 13 states nationally getting a "B" grade (no state received an "A"), five are in the South: In order of score, Virginia, West Virginia, Arkansas, South Carolina (!) and Georgia.

* Florida and Tennessee narrowly missed getting into the "B" tier, both earning a C+.

* Adding in Kentucky and Louisiana, 70% of the 13 Southern states rank above the national average. In this report, that brings the South close to the Northeast in terms of educational quality (which has six B-level states, and also nine above the national average).

Southern states also still lag the Northeast and Midwest in how well they fund education -- although the South is doing better than many states in the West.
Nikki Lanier

Moreno Valley, CA

#212 Feb 19, 2010
Also as of this week I've talked to a few of my friends and they have noticed I have changed...I've been way more distant and they can tell something is wrong and I'm always stressed out. Me and my best friend have came up with an idea that I like...After new years day i am goin to stop talkin to everyone (including no text, myspace, facebook, twitter, instant messaging, phone calls or anything) for about 2 weeks. You can still message me and whatnot but unless the subject says urgent I will not read or respond to it until the two weeks are up. You may call or text me...I will read text but will not respond to them (again unless its urgent) and if you call you will get my voicemail. I will check it daily and listen but as noted I will not call back unless I feel I need to. Please understand that this is not directly towards anyone. Its just me needing a break from everything and since I dont have the money to go on vacation to get away what I am goin to do is stay home and work on the house b/c it is in serious need of major work and my mom doesnt have the time and shes always wanted it done so I'm gonna do it for her. The only places I'm goin to go during this time is work, to see a shrink, church, get gas, and thats it unless I have to. I may somehow find a way not to watch wrestling for two weeks as well even though that will prolly not happen I am thinking about it though. After I have this space to think hopefully I will get back to the happy healthy fun loving person I use to be. Everyone keeps saying they miss the old me...honestly, I do too. This is why I'm doing this. I hope everyone understands this if not please try to. I will let you guys know and remind you all when I'm planning on starting the two weeks but I am thinking it will be January 3rd until January 17th.
long time resident

Queen Creek, AZ

#213 Feb 20, 2010
Knsb26 wrote:
I'm not for illegal immigration, just tolerance of human beings no matter their race. Not all Mexicans are illegal. I'm not sure how far back you are talking, but I don't remember a time when California was known for a good education. My mom told me in the 60's she moved to Cali from the East Coast and it was bad then too. She couldn't believe the difference in quality of education. But I'd still rather have my kids educated here than in the south!
I totally agree! Ask these 'people' how far back they're talking about. Are they referring to the illegal immigrants now or what. The people on this thread are a bit vague.
Alan

Yorba Linda, CA

#214 Feb 20, 2010
I will break your heart and never talk to you again
mamalisa

Orange, CA

#215 Feb 21, 2010
Some people will never see the truth, although it's as plain as the nose on their face. Tax me any more though, and we'll be moving out of cali too. People are leaving cali. in record numbers. I feel like we may will be next, I think I like Texas. When we're all gone the mexicans will finish trashing this once-beautiful state, and we allowed it.
wendy

Santa Ana, CA

#216 Feb 21, 2010
Mamalisa,
I think you're the only one on here with active brain cells. These people have a world of information at their fingertips and can't post anything that makes sense to their argument.This is what happened to CALI!
wendy

Santa Ana, CA

#217 Feb 21, 2010
long time resident wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally agree! Ask these 'people' how far back they're talking about. Are they referring to the illegal immigrants now or what. The people on this thread are a bit vague.
Do you have some kind of problem absorbing information? These articles are plain as day ,in English.
justis4kidz

Lake Elsinore, CA

#218 Mar 21, 2010
MEXICANS wrote:
We have PREVAILED. No question about it!!!!!!
Well, what do you mean PREVAILED?? Prevailed in the reproduction rate and anchor babies?
mamalisa

Orange, CA

#219 Mar 22, 2010
justis4kidz wrote:
<quoted text>Well, what do you mean PREVAILED?? Prevailed in the reproduction rate and anchor babies?
They have prevailed in the sense that they have succesfully out-populated any other races here in the US , they have helped to bankrupt CA, overwhelmed the healthcare industry in CA. Sound like a take-over? We will slowly sink to the living standard in Mexico. They've done it all without a single shot fired! Just sayin......
WHITE PRIDE

Long Beach, CA

#221 Apr 10, 2010
FK EM ALL!
Jose

Westminster, CA

#223 May 24, 2010
Look here Putos, California used to be a part of Baja California Norte, which is Mexico if you Redneck Idiots can't understand this. There were Latino families here before 1850 and you know what?

Were Taking over Ese!!! Don't hate!:)

And say something instead of giving dirty looks you TEMECULA COWARDS!!!

Nothing but cowards and you cannot do anything to stop what is going on!!!

NADA!
Jose

Westminster, CA

#224 May 24, 2010
White Pride you are in Alhambra....You are surrounded by Latinos Ese.....LOL. Better leave Ese!!!

Or you could joing the Alliance! If you are with WP then you know what I am talking about!
How to deal with Racists

Westminster, CA

#225 Oct 3, 2010
in Murrieta/Temecula:

Confront them! They are cowards here.(Closet Racists and Fake Christians). They only stare, they won't do a darn thing when confronted. I speak from experience!

I confronted a man in Murrieta, and he folded and actually tried to be friendly with me. What an idiot, don't be fake you cowards! Speak your mind, don't be scared!

Also, look at how ignorant some of the language is on here, and look at the spelling errors. This is typical of an ignorant person coward hiding behind a computer!

You cowards type on here and would never say any of these bad things to a Latino's face! You know what would happen if you did. COWARDS!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sun City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
best /safer area to buy a property 20 hr Downeygirl 1
Scammed by Richardson RV; DO NOT do business w... (Feb '15) Sun SPEED 9
Repeated Edison power outages Lakeland Village Sep 8 saclark23 1
Flying the Mexican Flag in front of a Menifee Home (Oct '09) Sep 5 Obama 36
Local Politics Do you approve of Daryl Busch as ? Aug 31 Gabriel Verhage 1
City of Wildomar $10,000 Permit Fee for Horse R... (Apr '13) Aug 30 sandra jakowpck 4
Review: Penske/Whirlpool Logistics (Mar '17) Aug 30 MurNik 2

Sun City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sun City Mortgages