What is the best High School in Sumte...

What is the best High School in Sumter County

Posted in the Sumter Forum

Moving

Connersville, IN

#1 Nov 21, 2013
I grew up in Sumter and am planning on moving back in February. I have a son that is a freshman. I know that thing have change and there are new schools. I was planning in moving to the wedgefield area. Is Sumter High still a great High School. I don't think we will be in the Sumter High school district so if I could get any advice on the high schools in the area. I know that the crime is a problem but you have that everywhere. We are coming from a small town and he has been in the same school his whole life so once we move I want to make sure he is going to the best high school in the county to finish out his high school. Any input would be awesome.
Nik

Columbia, SC

#2 Nov 27, 2013
The thing that has changed the most is that there is only one school district - they merged. Your child will have their choice of high schools. I believe it depends on the child involved. Their personality and what they are okay with and what you feel is acceptable for you. My daughter went to public school for a few years but in high school she would have gone to SH. Based on her personality (not a leader) and her appearance (quite lovely)I chose a small Catholic private school (St. Francis Xavier). The building is old but the staff and the other parents all know each other and the kids. She made friends that will last a lifetime and came away with a strong sense of her identity and beliefs.(Not being Catholic she didn't always agree with everything but the Christian foundation suit us to a tee). Every kid got a scholarship. However if your child is looking for an athletic scholarship or a scholarship in the arts, the larger public high school may be a better option. Most of the private schools here and there are at least four at the high school level - obtain academic scholarships when they are awarded. Hope this helps and good luck!
Moving

Connersville, IN

#3 Nov 27, 2013
Thank you very much.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sumter Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Marijuana - Sumter, SC (Aug '10) Aug 24 Latonya Smith 37
News Parents Of The Year? Aug 9 How bout you 2
gay skype #crossdresser Jul '15 souljaslim10 1
Brian Buckner (May '14) Jul '15 Sady Eve 4
Review: Nails 23 Jun '15 Scotlandfog 1
News 56-year-old man gets life for stealing $900 of ... May '15 Frustrated 2
Sumter Deputies Search for Missing Woman May '15 Melinda 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sumter Mortgages