Gang activity rumor - Sumter - March ...

Gang activity rumor - Sumter - March 19th

Posted in the Sumter Forum

Joe

United States

#1 Mar 18, 2009
Heard from my wife, who heard from a friend, who heard from a friend who heard from a police officer that there is the possibility of gang initiations tomorrow at the Sumter Wal Mart (read: murders). Evidently gangs change their venue if they hear of these rumors leaking, so the violence may be elsewhere in the local community.

In my hometown this wouldn't fly--too many honest citizens packing heat. Just want folks in the Sumter area to be on the lookout tomorrow and on upcoming days.

And in reference to a previous post, no, I would not choose this area to raise children. Good people, but the "bad element" is gaining traction. The murder on Halloween night took place less than an eighth of a mile from a daycare center.
DLA

Sumter, SC

#2 Mar 19, 2009
Its an Urban Legend.
Sumterite

Columbia, SC

#3 May 10, 2009
That WalMart thing did not happen but the WalMart is a place for two rival gangs from Crestwood and Sumter High School to hang out on the weekends along with the Sumter Mall. I see gang members and wannabes walking through quite often at these places.

With the recent spate of shootings in this county, it's a wonder that there is anyone left alive here. This inept police force could not stop the gangs here if they tried. The gangs are not centralized, do not hang out at a clubhouse per se, deal in drugs, guns and prostitution, and live to see their exploits posted on news websites and on the local tv stations. I see folks walk about or drive around in gang colors on a daily basis. I see gang members race down my street within a school zone with the local cops nowhere in sight. I hear gunshots almost daily and I live in city limits. What I rarely see is police cars driving up and down my neighborhood doing any kind of patrol.

A fact here is: almost every car pulled over for a somewhat minor traffic infraction leads to drugs, guns or alcohol in this county. That is how much of a risk there is here when driving in Sumter. I personally have seen people coring out blunts for marijuana while driving, in plain view of everyone around them. I have seen people drinking beer while driving. I see so many expired car tags on vehicles here that I have given up counting them. The police force here is doing such a disservice to this community by not enforcing traffic laws because by doing do they are taking away revenue from the city and county. Enforcing the laws will add much needed revenue to the city and county.

Gangs have infiltrated this community so much that I believe that they have infiltrated the police force as well. At least they appear to have the police force's consent to do whatever they want to as long as they do not overtly involve the police force. It does appear that both the police chief and the county sheriff have turned a blind eye to the gangs because thay are scared s***less of them. Wonder if they are getting some sort of payoff or blood money somewhere?
wish I could move

Davis Station, SC

#4 Sep 27, 2009
They are most likely related to the gang members, Does anyone remember a few years back when the deputy was arrested for selling drugs from his patrol car at the carwash on lafayette/15 south?
puddintang

Hilton Head Island, SC

#5 Jul 5, 2011
police are to busy protecting most criminals for a little drug info since they are allowed to keep all the cash(and drugs)they take from them-that $$ should be turned in for prisoner upkeep,repaying welfare-something to cut down on tax payers having to keep paying and paying while they get no protection from law or crime.
Juloe

Sumter, SC

#6 Mar 21, 2016
What does 15 South #W2L mean?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sumter Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Sumter a good place to raise kids? (Oct '08) Aug 10 Oh no 136
Looking 4 Rasharn D. Gibson (Aug '07) Jun '17 Life 12
Trying to escape from sumter Jun '17 Anonymous 1
Review: Nails 23 (Jun '15) Apr '17 Pissex off 2
Puppy Tails Grooming by Lacey Mullins (Jan '16) Mar '17 Louise 7
Review: Proactive Auto & Finance LLC (Sep '13) Mar '17 Too trusting 2
gay skype #crossdresser (Jul '15) Dec '16 Sexttoo 2

Sumter Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance