Senate OKs Ariz.-style immigration bill

Senate OKs Ariz.-style immigration bill

There are 69 comments on the www.nems360.com story from Jan 19, 2011, titled Senate OKs Ariz.-style immigration bill. In it, www.nems360.com reports that:

After more than four hours of debate, the Mississippi Senate passed Arizona-styled legislation on Tuesday that cracks down on illegal immigrants.

Wednesday January 19th 2011 .nems360.com

Reported by Nems Daily Journal

Another state passes legislation similar to Amazon's immigration law.

Reported by the journal Mississippi state legislates passed immigration reform that goes after illegal immigrants in the state.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.nems360.com.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Plubius

Oklahoma City, OK

#1 Jan 19, 2011
Good...every state needs to pass these laws...States doing the job the feds can't or refuse to do. Look for the DOJ to sue to stop it in 3...2...1

“It matters but not very much”

Since: Oct 07

Houston, TX

#2 Jan 19, 2011
One more state joins the true Union in defending our Constitution, our national sovereignty, and our form of government.

Since: Dec 06

Chicago IL

#3 Jan 19, 2011
Immigration is under federal jurisdiction.

A campaign promise , why can't the feds enforce it?
T

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

KREUZBERG...

#4 Jan 19, 2011
Oh my gosh, desert rat...Tim, you are roaming, should be charging topix you know...*grin* There's a roaming fee there's always been...

Chicago IL

#5 Jan 19, 2011
Tinka

Ghost I.M me headed back to bar thread.
K

Since: Apr 07

Nashville, TN

#6 Jan 19, 2011
The more Obama fight against enforcing the laws he has taken an oath to uphold the better thing are getting for me.

My name is Jim Hayden and I am the next American President.
FB Jim Hayden for President in 2012

Chicago IL

#7 Jan 19, 2011
Good luck Jim

Nashville, TN

#8 Jan 19, 2011
RadicalTim wrote:
Good luck Jim
You know what? Luck has absolutely nothing to do with it. The American people are fed up with the illegals in this country. Like me they are fed up with having to choose between Spanish and English whenever the go to a store to make a purchase. We are tired of all of the violence the illegals have brought with them. We are tired of seeing our tax dollars being wasted on the illegals and most of all we are sick and tired of seeing the illegals working jobs that should be filled by American workers.

Most of all American people want a person such as myself who they are comfortable with who is able to secure our borders AND who will evict the illegals just like Ike did when he was president.

I once had a very good company in landscaping. That is until a group of illegals invaded our region and under cut us forcing us out of business. Then I had a job washing dished in a restaurant that is until my boss hired 2 illegals at half what he was paying me. That is why we must go after both the illegals who are stupid enough to stay here after I take office and the American employers who continue to hire them.

Chicago IL

#9 Jan 19, 2011
Jim Hayden wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what? Luck has absolutely nothing to do with it. The American people are fed up with the illegals in this country. Like me they are fed up with having to choose between Spanish and English whenever the go to a store to make a purchase. We are tired of all of the violence the illegals have brought with them. We are tired of seeing our tax dollars being wasted on the illegals and most of all we are sick and tired of seeing the illegals working jobs that should be filled by American workers.
Most of all American people want a person such as myself who they are comfortable with who is able to secure our borders AND who will evict the illegals just like Ike did when he was president.
I once had a very good company in landscaping. That is until a group of illegals invaded our region and under cut us forcing us out of business. Then I had a job washing dished in a restaurant that is until my boss hired 2 illegals at half what he was paying me. That is why we must go after both the illegals who are stupid enough to stay here after I take office and the American employers who continue to hire them.
Don't for get I am from a sanctuary city .
Immigration reform is actually being used for Chicago mayoral race as a debate by most candidates.
Enforcement is a federal should be handled by them.
T

Nashville, TN

#10 Jan 19, 2011
RadicalTim wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't for get I am from a sanctuary city .
Immigration reform is actually being used for Chicago mayoral race as a debate by most candidates.
Enforcement is a federal should be handled by them.
T
I'm glad you brought this up.

Under the Constitution Section 8 Article I
"To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;"

In other words it is the responsibility of the individual states to enforce not only the laws of the individual states but those of the federal government as well.

Noemi Z

Kilmichael, MS

#11 Jan 20, 2011
I am thinking. If these people are deported, who in the world will pickup fruits and veggies? Who will work under the sun 14-16 hours . Indeed is very sad that this poor souls of GOD are under pay for this type of slavery. This remind me when blacks picked up cotton. Very, very sad endeed. Have the senate, after their decision thought for a second of who will do this type of work? And how much will our fruits and veggies will go up. We are one the states with the most obisity. I this products become very expensive and we are in a budget, then, how will we feed our children the right foods. I agree that these people are being exploited and yes, agreed that the employers should be fined for hiring them. I do agree however that they are having too many children and hospitals are being bombarded with $5.000 + per newborn. I know that our budget is down the drain. Instead why the senate try to pass a bill where these people will get an ID and a number (like the ITIN) and let them pay taxes. These revenues will greatly help our state. If they say that MS has 70,000 undocumented people can you imagine how much money the state will have. When I resided in New York, Mayor Gulliani, started a work force where all people reciving public assistance,and I say all people illegal and legals (with the exception of sick and elderly) had to contribute about 20 hours of their free time cleaning state offices, parks, etc. Maybe we should try this with and save MS some money.

Nashville, TN

#13 Jan 20, 2011
Noemi Z wrote:
I am thinking. If these people are deported, who in the world will pickup fruits and veggies? Who will work under the sun 14-16 hours . Indeed is very sad that this poor souls of GOD are under pay for this type of slavery. This remind me when blacks picked up cotton. Very, very sad endeed. Have the senate, after their decision thought for a second of who will do this type of work? And how much will our fruits and veggies will go up. We are one the states with the most obisity. I this products become very expensive and we are in a budget, then, how will we feed our children the right foods. I agree that these people are being exploited and yes, agreed that the employers should be fined for hiring them. I do agree however that they are having too many children and hospitals are being bombarded with $5.000 + per newborn. I know that our budget is down the drain. Instead why the senate try to pass a bill where these people will get an ID and a number (like the ITIN) and let them pay taxes. These revenues will greatly help our state. If they say that MS has 70,000 undocumented people can you imagine how much money the state will have. When I resided in New York, Mayor Gulliani, started a work force where all people reciving public assistance,and I say all people illegal and legals (with the exception of sick and elderly) had to contribute about 20 hours of their free time cleaning state offices, parks, etc. Maybe we should try this with and save MS some money.
There is only one MAJOR problem with all of this. Mexicans are given work visas to work on our farms and yes they are heavily regulated so the migrant workers are protected by law.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#14 Jan 20, 2011
Jim Hayden wrote:
<quoted text>
There is only one MAJOR problem with all of this. Mexicans are given work visas to work on our farms and yes they are heavily regulated so the migrant workers are protected by law.
hi, Jim you already have my vote!.... If you do the right thing or not you have my vote because I think you have a blood in your body.

D.W.G
Common Cents

Orlando, FL

#15 Jan 20, 2011
Jim Hayden wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, there is already a "Agricultural Worker Visa," many of the big ag businesses prtefer to hire Illegals and they are the ones paying the lobbyists to convince the congressmen not to enforce the US Immigration Laws.
Sarah Palin wrote about the "Arizona Law" in her book, "America By Heart":
http://www.tcunation.com/profiles/blogs/sarah...
Censored

Corpus Christi, TX

#16 Jan 20, 2011
Jim Hayden wrote:
<quoted text>
Werent you epousing the Natl. Guard patrolling the borders. They have already implemented securing the boarder shooting The American teenager. This new policy is known as "If youre BROWN, youre DOWN!" Hawaiians are in an uproar calling it "Howlie Genoside"!

Since: Nov 09

Newnan, GA

#17 Jan 20, 2011
Noemi Z wrote:
What a complete asshole you are....on one hand you lament about how these individuals work 10 to 14 hrs a day for slave wages AND THEN YOU WANT TO TAX THEM!!!!! Guilani was a pro amnesty RINO...he bragged about how his sanctuary city policy kept 75,000 ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT children off the streets and in school...funny how he didn't mention that the cost of educating a child in NYC schools is about 14,000 dollars each...so he cost the taxpayers of New york City about a billion dollars a year paying for the education of kids who didn't belong in AMERICA!!! And you think that taxing 5 dollar an hour workers is the answer to your state budget shortfall...how about NOT PAYING for the education of those in your state ILLEGALLY and stop paying for their health care...see how that helps your budget!!!
Noemi Z

Kilmichael, MS

#18 Jan 20, 2011
Dear ga_patriot and ofcourse a.h. you still did not answer my question. Are you willling to pick up fruits and veggies?. Oh, if I remember there is something called not left behind child or something of that kind. Now, if someone works 15 hours x $5.=$75.x6days=$450.00 this is the amount of money that will be taxed. Not too many people in MS makes $450. And by the way, you seem to be a frustrated person. This people have something called ITIN number issued by IRS (internal revenue services) and they are more than happy to pay taxes. But the sad thing of all, is that some of them are not aware of this. Every little bit that someone can contribute to our great country going broke , will be greatly appreciated. And with all do respect, I hope to GOD that you will have a great day.

“It matters but not very much”

Since: Oct 07

Houston, TX

#19 Jan 20, 2011
Jim Hayden wrote:
The more Obama fight against enforcing the laws he has taken an oath to uphold the better thing are getting for me.
Now he's opening the USA to any and all Mexican truckers like Bush wanted to do - WITHIN THE NEXT SIX MONTHS. He plans to ram this through without consent of congress or the scrutiny of any committees other than his own hand picked DOT lackeys.

Mexican truckers will compete with American truckers for any and all trucking jobs in the USA, but will have none of the strict training or regulations or truck inspections American truckers have. They won't have logs, they won't have to know English, they won't have to be inspected or have their trucks inspected. There will be no inspection of their cargo, either.

American highways and streets will become a a bloody mess, while American truckers will be starved out. With unemployment being what it is, and with the economy being what it is, this is just one more example of how much Obama and his bosses HATE the American people.
anillegalmexihol e

Appleton, WI

#20 Jan 20, 2011
Bot ther ar only 1-2 meellion jobs een agreeculture peeking fruts an vegeetables an about 30 meellion of os eeleegal mexiholes. I gues we doin somethin els besides peekin frut an vegeetables? Juan thin for shor we don't mak enough monee to pa any federal eencome tax. Nobody kno tha the bottom 50% wage earners don't pa no fed eencome tax? Thos bottom 50% geet to vote on raising the taxes on thos tha do pay eencome tax. Eesn't America great eef chor a marxeest deemocrat?
illegalsgottago

Oklahoma City, OK

#21 Jan 20, 2011
Independent patriot wrote:
<quoted text>
Now he's opening the USA to any and all Mexican truckers like Bush wanted to do - WITHIN THE NEXT SIX MONTHS. He plans to ram this through without consent of congress or the scrutiny of any committees other than his own hand picked DOT lackeys.
Mexican truckers will compete with American truckers for any and all trucking jobs in the USA, but will have none of the strict training or regulations or truck inspections American truckers have. They won't have logs, they won't have to know English, they won't have to be inspected or have their trucks inspected. There will be no inspection of their cargo, either.
American highways and streets will become a a bloody mess, while American truckers will be starved out. With unemployment being what it is, and with the economy being what it is, this is just one more example of how much Obama and his bosses HATE the American people.
I would suspect that there will be a backlash and I'm sure those teamsters will act accordingly. I would expect that there will be a lot of accidents with mexican drivers working longer than they should. It will not be a pretty site. It's bad enough that mexican buses are busy ferrying illegals.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sumrall Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Phil Bryant, 3 Doors Down and Tupelo band will ... Thu No Elected 2
News Colon cancer car tags ready to roll Jan 3 Tagged 3
Mack's On The River Owner Shoots Dog Dec '16 Wait and See 1
Review: Affinity Retreat (Jun '11) Dec '16 Reggie Chapman 2
News Veteran Supreme Court Justice Randolph challeng... (Oct '12) Dec '16 Tal Braddock 3
Flags flying half staff for Orlando victims???? (Jun '16) Dec '16 BIBLEsaysearthisflat 3
Bigfoot Sightings Near Hattiesburg (Dec '06) Dec '16 BIBLEsaysearthisflat 9

Sumrall Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sumrall Mortgages