Bond increased in DUI homicide case

Bond increased in DUI homicide case

There are 6 comments on the Hattiesburg American story from Aug 10, 2006, titled Bond increased in DUI homicide case. In it, Hattiesburg American reports that:

COLLINS - Covington County District Judge Bob Evans today increased the bond on a Sanford resident accused of killing two Missouri hurricane workers to $200,000. Geoffrey Hambric, 26, was indicted on vehicular ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hattiesburg American.

Lizzy

Jefferson City, MO

#1 Aug 10, 2006
This is the Best News to All of Michael's Family and Friends,As well as Paula's.Now Hopefully this Man will stay behind bars where he should be and no other Family or Friends will have to go through all the pain and suffering we've had to endure.
Bondo

Hannibal, MO

#2 Aug 10, 2006
Lizzy , You are making it seem like this guy woke up that morning and said , I think I'm Gonna go and Kill me a few folks today. I don't care for drunk drivers at all but you are reaching to high for his punnishment if he gets more than 15 years I will be suprised. A drunk here in Indiana was driving on US41
near cedar lake indiana at a high rate of speed and there was a van with 4 girls and 2 moms comming home from a soccor game when they were less than 2 miles from home this jerk hit the van that was waiting to turn on their road at about 70 mph . the van went airborne and landed on it's side and burst into falmes trapping all inside (Bodys were not removed till tow truck took them to morgue )all six plus the drunks girlfriend were killed , the drunk lived.
was sentenced to 35 yearsfor seven deaths.
where is the justice in that ???
Lizzy wrote:
This is the Best News to All of Michael's Family and Friends,As well as Paula's.Now Hopefully this Man will stay behind bars where he should be and no other Family or Friends will have to go through all the pain and suffering we've had to endure.
Lizzy

Jefferson City, MO

#3 Aug 11, 2006
Bondo wrote:
Lizzy , You are making it seem like this guy woke up that morning and said , I think I'm Gonna go and Kill me a few folks today. I don't care for drunk drivers at all but you are reaching to high for his punnishment if he gets more than 15 years I will be suprised. A drunk here in Indiana was driving on US41
near cedar lake indiana at a high rate of speed and there was a van with 4 girls and 2 moms comming home from a soccor game when they were less than 2 miles from home this jerk hit the van that was waiting to turn on their road at about 70 mph . the van went airborne and landed on it's side and burst into falmes trapping all inside (Bodys were not removed till tow truck took them to morgue )all six plus the drunks girlfriend were killed , the drunk lived.
was sentenced to 35 yearsfor seven deaths.
where is the justice in that ???
<quoted text>
Bondo,Whats Fair about Any of This?I realize that Geoffrey may or Maynot get a Lifelong sentence,But hopefully he'll get something.Geoffrey basically walked away from the Accident that night,My cousin Mike and his Fiance'Paula didn't.I realize that Geoffrey didn't get up out of Bed The Morning of March,11th and think I'll go kill 2 innocent people ,But he Did.
a friend of Geoffreys

Atlanta, GA

#4 Aug 11, 2006
It appears that everyone has him (Geoffrey) convicted before it even goes to trial. No one knows the details that were not there the night of the accident nor what has been discoverd. I think everyone needs to wait for the judgement before they convict him. I hate that two people lost their lives. However none of us are God and should not try to be. There are a lot of different opions out there and emotions, not only that but the polical joke that is happening due to an election year. Geoffrey has to live daily with the thought of two deaths due to an accident he was involved in. What the outcome will be is yet to be seen. I pray for all the families and for anyone involved. Again, my opion as well as everyone else who has voiced theirs.
Lizzy

Jefferson City, MO

#5 Sep 11, 2006
Today is the 6 months without our Loved ones.They both are Truely missed by ALL Family and Friends.
Frank

AOL

#6 Sep 11, 2006
a friend of Geoffreys wrote:
It appears that everyone has him (Geoffrey) convicted before it even goes to trial. No one knows the details that were not there the night of the accident nor what has been discoverd. I think everyone needs to wait for the judgement before they convict him. I hate that two people lost their lives. However none of us are God and should not try to be. There are a lot of different opions out there and emotions, not only that but the polical joke that is happening due to an election year. Geoffrey has to live daily with the thought of two deaths due to an accident he was involved in. What the outcome will be is yet to be seen. I pray for all the families and for anyone involved. Again, my opion as well as everyone else who has voiced theirs.
I don't have any details on this case but I will say this. If you get caught driving and drinking then there is a heavy price to pay. If you go out and kill someone while driving while under the influene then the price should be very high. Even unintentionally the price should be extremely high. There needs to be a real deterent not to drink and drive. One person getting 100 years for killing someone while driving drunk could make someone else think twice about it. And if that saves even just one life then it was well worth it. They more than likely didn't do it intentionally but there's a very good reason not to drink and drive. I'm not trying to say this about any one person but about all people driving drunk.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sumrall Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colon cancer car tags ready to roll Jan 3 Tagged 3
Mack's On The River Owner Shoots Dog Dec 19 Wait and See 1
Review: Affinity Retreat (Jun '11) Dec '16 Reggie Chapman 2
News Veteran Supreme Court Justice Randolph challeng... (Oct '12) Dec '16 Tal Braddock 3
Flags flying half staff for Orlando victims???? (Jun '16) Dec '16 BIBLEsaysearthisflat 3
Bigfoot Sightings Near Hattiesburg (Dec '06) Dec '16 BIBLEsaysearthisflat 9
Singles Oct '16 Joshuainsumrall 1

Sumrall Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sumrall Mortgages