No Prison For Iowa Man Accused Of Bur...

No Prison For Iowa Man Accused Of Burning Child

There are 3 comments on the WHOtv story from Apr 22, 2010, titled No Prison For Iowa Man Accused Of Burning Child. In it, WHOtv reports that:

A 26-year-old Iowa man charged after a 2-year-old child was found burned by hot water will not go to prison.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHOtv.

Mandi

Madrid, IA

#1 Apr 22, 2010
Let's skip the suspended sentace and throw a big pot of boiling water on him. Justice served.
katchme

Columbus, OH

#2 Apr 23, 2010
I could't agree with you more..what is wrong with society that we don't protect our children. What kind of message does this send. Our judicial system lets crimes against innocent babies and children get away with it. Maybe not totally, but the time these animals spend in prision or jail does not provide justice to the babies and children that are abused and or killed.

Since: Jan 10

Des Moines

#3 Apr 23, 2010
This is a just sentence, If you had read the original story he did not do it intentionally, the child was in the bath with two older siblings, true he was lax in his parenting duties, but to put him up there with people who purposely hurt their, or others children is not justice, it's revenge. If it had been proposed that he had hurt the child intentionally, I would be the first to call for a long and uncomfortable prison sentence, that is not the case here, and the courts did a good job of sorting out the facts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sumner Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
t1 (Sep '15) Sep '15 wooly 6
Tripoli Music Selection (Aug '12) Jul '15 Musikologist 13
cute capuchin maokeys to rehome (Dec '13) Dec '13 Cameroon Scammer 1
the best website in the world! (Sep '13) Sep '13 Sang Diefenderfer 1
News Dr. Wei Kong Chang (Jun '13) Jun '13 concerned 1
News McKinney charged after striking fellow Bremer C... (Apr '06) Mar '13 Medical Man - Net... 21
tabitha weeks drunk driving (Jun '12) Jun '12 Ewing 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sumner Mortgages