Watchung Reservation deer hunt begins...

Watchung Reservation deer hunt begins Feb. 28

There are 2 comments on the MyCentralJersey.com story from Feb 19, 2011, titled Watchung Reservation deer hunt begins Feb. 28. In it, MyCentralJersey.com reports that:

An annual initiative to thin herds of deer roaming the Watchung Reservation is scheduled to begin Feb.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MyCentralJersey.com.

jean

Newton, NJ

#1 Feb 20, 2011
this is sad. it has been going on for 35 years. hunting does not reduce population. it exacerbates de ter births. there is a scientif principle called compensatory rebound. the nj div fish & game doesnt want to even admit this scientific principle exists. when you kill deer, more births occur. most deer hunted and killed are only l or 2 years old. none get past that age in nj. nj fish & game operates only for hunters. its council is made up of mostly hunters, with a few animal hating farmers thrown in. no animal protectors at all get to sit on the nj div fish & game in nj. nj div fish & game is a private hunting club masquerading as a state agency. you are blacklisted by this agency if you are an animal protector
Alison

Montclair, NJ

#2 Mar 7, 2011
You are right, Jean...this is sad and hunting only exacerbates the continued biological fact that a deer will go into estros.

'The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance.' Benjamin Franklin Believe me, these hunts cost the taxpayers a lot of money.

As long as you have people in this world who are happy to kill, unable to reason and hear the scientific truth, and are also in charge, the perpetual '5 year plan' will never stop.

In all the years that hunting in Union County has gone on, I never recall a single year that a hunt was not done. Yet, it's the people in charge who came up with the '5 year plan'(which never goes away). How can they call call it a '5 year plan?' Perhaps they don't know how to count.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Summit Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Merck grants free license for pediatric HIV drug (Feb '15) Dec 29 Seniors for Fairness 2
News Merck beats 1Q profit views with tight cost con... (May '16) Dec 29 Seniors for Fairness 2
Has anyone seen the Honeymooners musical at the... Nov '17 Frank Gannucci 1
Fairmount Stonewyck ACTION Nov '17 poojagupta11 1
Election Nov '17 Gail Seely 1
Paying respect and fentanyl Oct '17 three blocks 1
News Union County Deer Hunt Starts Monday in Cranford (Jan '16) Aug '17 CranfordDeer 3

Summit Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Summit Mortgages