Wells Fargo Acquiring Wachovia for $1...

Wells Fargo Acquiring Wachovia for $15.1 Billion

There are 2 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Oct 5, 2008, titled Wells Fargo Acquiring Wachovia for $15.1 Billion. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

At stake is the $339 billion in Wachovia deposits and its network of more than 3,300 branches throughout the country that would solidify the winner as being in the top tier of U.S. retail banking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

“Full service, discount broker”

Since: Apr 08

Chicago, IL

#1 Oct 6, 2008
The Wells Fargo deal is better for everyone except Citigroup. Less taxpayer exposure and a better deal for Wachovia investors of all flavors. If the government lets this deal get away it will be sad.

“Ds and Rs are crooks.”

Since: Apr 08

Berwyn, IL

#2 Oct 6, 2008
Right now just about all CEO and CFO with any ties to Wall Street are sad. I want this deal to work but, no big shots walking away with a load of cash.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Summit Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who is the head of we Providence Forum?? 46 min Roberta 1
News Merck beats 1Q profit views with tight cost con... (May '16) Feb 24 American People W... 3
Comcast/!Xfinity hot spots?? Feb 20 PDPAL 1
News Merck grants free license for pediatric HIV drug (Feb '15) Jan '18 Seniors For Fairness 3
News Union County Deer Hunt Starts Monday in Cranford (Jan '16) Aug '17 CranfordDeer 3
Is this the best mailing list for Summit residents (Jul '16) Jul '16 pitosalas 1
New Meetup Group In NJ For Mormons! (Jul '16) Jul '16 JAYB 1

Summit Jobs

Personal Finance

Summit Mortgages