#5319 Jun 28, 2012
HUM wrote:
<quoted text>
Your point is what??????
You figure it out...
Madder than Hell Resident

Forest Park, IL

#5320 Jun 30, 2012
The second time in a week I was almost KILLED trying to get to 1st ave off of 45th by the Quarry. No Flag person watching and 3 trucks come FLYING out at about 50mph not even a glance after I slammed on my brakes....thank God I was only going about 10mph. They are in such a hurry NOT to get caught by the light on 1st ave. SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE, BEFORE SOMEONE GETS KILLED!!!!!!!
HUM

Forest Park, IL

#5321 Jun 30, 2012
Madder than Hell Resident wrote:
The second time in a week I was almost KILLED trying to get to 1st ave off of 45th by the Quarry. No Flag person watching and 3 trucks come FLYING out at about 50mph not even a glance after I slammed on my brakes....thank God I was only going about 10mph. They are in such a hurry NOT to get caught by the light on 1st ave. SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE, BEFORE SOMEONE GETS KILLED!!!!!!!
You are exactly right. There should be a stop sign right at the entrance/exit
of where the trucks exit the quarry. I understand they are in a hurry, but so are we and to my knowledge, those on the street have the right of way because it's a street and they are exiting a driveway. Perhaps they are not aware of the law.
LMNO

Berwyn, IL

#5322 Jun 30, 2012
Just A Thought wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did you find it? I just see the pictures changing, including the one that shows the Village violating its own code:
C. No person shall, in any manner, obstruct or prevent free access to any fire hydrant by placing or storing, temporarily or otherwise, any object or materials of any kind within twenty feet (20') of the same.(1965 Code &#167;&nbsp;5-2-13)
Under the "Parks & Recreation" section.
Shocked the heck outta me to see any info!
Just A Thought

Forest Park, IL

#5323 Jun 30, 2012
The info was also just posted in the "Upcoming Events" on the home page. Funny - they claim they can't put info on the web site because they don't know how, but when they want to it appears.
Just A Thought

Forest Park, IL

#5324 Jul 1, 2012
Who died? Black bunting up at Village Hall...
Answer

Forest Park, IL

#5325 Jul 1, 2012
Just A Thought wrote:
Look again, it's Purple not black. See even the basic facts you can't get straight. Typical
HUM

Forest Park, IL

#5326 Jul 1, 2012
Just A Thought wrote:
We got a letter in the regular mail, not email, that someone named Larry had passed away. He was block captain or something years ago. I didn't recognize his name. I was shocked to get a letter, not an email. Wonder who paid the postage on the letters!!! Three guesses and the first two don't count.
HUM

Forest Park, IL

#5327 Jul 1, 2012
Answer wrote:
<quoted text>Look again, it's Purple not black. See even the basic facts you can't get straight. Typical
Unnecessary snotty answer and not to the asked question either. Why couldn't you say who passed? We did get letters in the mail stating who passed, why it wasn't via email, which costs nothing, is beyond me. To answer the question though, it was a gentleman named Larry, evidently he was a block captain years ago. I think the funeral is Monday or Tuesday but please don't shoot me if I am wrong.
Just A Thought

Forest Park, IL

#5328 Jul 1, 2012
HUM wrote:
<quoted text>
We got a letter in the regular mail, not email, that someone named Larry had passed away. He was block captain or something years ago. I didn't recognize his name. I was shocked to get a letter, not an email. Wonder who paid the postage on the letters!!! Three guesses and the first two don't count.
With no disrespect for Larry - whoever he was - I thought that draping the village hall with bunting should be reserved for someone who was a village official or senior employee. BTW, what is a "block captain"? Is it a political thing?
Just A Thought

Forest Park, IL

#5329 Jul 2, 2012
Called the Village - the bunting is for Lenny, the Deputy Director of the DPW.
HUM

Forest Park, IL

#5330 Jul 2, 2012
Just A Thought wrote:
<quoted text>
With no disrespect for Larry - whoever he was - I thought that draping the village hall with bunting should be reserved for someone who was a village official or senior employee. BTW, what is a "block captain"? Is it a political thing?
Block captain is another name for a precint captain. Yes, it's a political term. I believe Lenny served in that capacity long ago, name doesn't ring a bell, may he rest in peace. As far as who and what they hang bunting, I've lived in Lyons over forty years and this was the first time I received a letter from the Village for someone passing away, this was truly a first so perhaps hanging the bunting for people other than a political official or employee is something new also????
HUM

Forest Park, IL

#5331 Jul 2, 2012
Just A Thought wrote:
Called the Village - the bunting is for Lenny, the Deputy Director of the DPW.
Was he in past years or presently serving as Deputy Director?
Just A Thought

Forest Park, IL

#5332 Jul 2, 2012
HUM wrote:
<quoted text>
Block captain is another name for a precint captain. Yes, it's a political term. I believe Lenny served in that capacity long ago, name doesn't ring a bell, may he rest in peace. As far as who and what they hang bunting, I've lived in Lyons over forty years and this was the first time I received a letter from the Village for someone passing away, this was truly a first so perhaps hanging the bunting for people other than a political official or employee is something new also????
Like I said, no disrespect for Lenny, but its kind of like flying the flag at half staff for everyone who dies. I didn't get the letter - not on the list, I guess.
Just A Thought

Forest Park, IL

#5333 Jul 2, 2012
HUM wrote:
<quoted text>
Was he in past years or presently serving as Deputy Director?
Present...
Just A Thought

Forest Park, IL

#5334 Jul 3, 2012
Damn - a 25% increase in property tax!
LMNO

Berwyn, IL

#5335 Jul 3, 2012
Just A Thought wrote:
SUCKS! Especially since soooooo many people are upside on their mortgages now.... Double Suck!
Transparent as Lead

Wheeling, IL

#5336 Jul 3, 2012
HUM

Forest Park, IL

#5337 Jul 3, 2012
Just A Thought wrote:
What town do you live in? Lyons and Stickney got reductions. Don't know what other towns received reductions, Brookfield and Western Springs didn't go up or down, remained almost what they were last year. Did you just move into the house? Sometimes when people buy their houses/property from senior citizens, they get a huge kick because seniors get sr.citizen exemptions as well as homeowner exemptions. Sometimes seniors apply for and get a freeze in tax levy and that keeps the taxes lower until they sell the house and the new owner gets hammered. My question is this..........if Lyons and Stickney taxes went down, how do the taxing bodies get the money they are supposed to or do they get a reduction in the amount they previously received?
She Back

Darlington, MD

#5338 Jul 3, 2012
Just A Thought wrote:
Thank District 103. And they just borrowed millions more for such essentials as new lockers and an upgraded cafeteria.

And remember folks, those TIFs weren't going to cost taxpayers one dime...and the new police station was only going to cost $7 million.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Summit Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
what happen to all the outrage 59 min Ridge Resident 8
What happened to the Hillside Shopping Center? (Mar '08) 2 hr High on a Hillside 559
Justice for Carlos Salgado (Jun '11) 3 hr Peloquin 79
Budget balancing ideas (Sep '14) 15 hr Its worth your time 21
Emmanuel Dominguez missing?! (Nov '13) 19 hr 30 THOUSAND REWARD 1,510
City Council Two Minutes Limit Designed to Disc... 22 hr dont trust em 70
Welcome to Blight Island!!! 23 hr dont trust em 173
More from around the web

Summit People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]