Ex-PTO treasurer charged with theft

Ex-PTO treasurer charged with theft

There are 78 comments on the The Morning Call story from May 12, 2007, titled Ex-PTO treasurer charged with theft. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

The former treasurer of the Tamaqua Elementary School's Parent-Teacher Organization over two years stole $34,352.12 the group raised by failing to deposit money, writing checks to herself or her husband, and ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

STEELERSFAN

Emmaus, PA

#22 May 14, 2007
I think we have the person accused on here posting with us. If they stoned like in some countries, this wouldn't happen so often. You look guilty as could be.
TTT

Newton, NJ

#23 May 14, 2007
Um... Rape has Nothing to do with it. But I'm just saying, this is being publicized way too much. Actually, I am an aquaintence of her family. Not her. Whatever. This is petty bullshit
None

Collingswood, NJ

#24 May 14, 2007
I believe the accused or a close member is posting on here. You can tell by the comments of a certain individual.
ralph

Sparta, NJ

#25 May 15, 2007
Stealing $34,000 is hardly petty. If I were you TTT, I would be ashamed to take such an atrocious act and make light of it. Again, if Ms. Gensure is innocent-Good for her. In my opinion, that will not be the outcome.

May I ask why an innocent woman would turn herself in? If I were ever accused of something so heinous as stealing $34,000 from a group that benefits children, they would have to drag me kicking and screaming. Who in the world forgets to deposit $6000? Who in the world turns themselves in if they are innocent? Who in the world receives "a settlement and what not" from a current husband?

Some strange things going on down there in Tamaqua.
TTT

Tamaqua, PA

#26 May 15, 2007
Funny how people had nothing to say about my previous comment:

WAIT! one more thing. If "from September 2004 to November 2005, she was given $71,689.49 to deposit from the sales of candy, candles and novelties. She deposited $54,167.58 and kept $17,521.91". How did the children get their money and candy if she didn't give them their full amount?

And by the way Ralph, it's none of your business that he is her current husband or not, either way she isn't with him anymore.

Whatever. I really give up, you people are going to think what you want to, no matter what facts are given and it's part of that whole "People believe that the accused if Guilty until proven innocent". Sad. Really Sad.
ralph

Sparta, NJ

#27 May 15, 2007
TTT-Are you sure the family appreciates you giving away all of this personal information? You do know that this is the internet. Anyone can read it. You are divulging way more than I would like if I were being prosecuted for a crime that may result in jail time.

Regardless, you were the one who offered the information on Ms. Gensure's marital status. It would have never occurred to me to bring it up. I was only commenting on how you informed us all that she got the money for her new home as a result of [b]"Her HUSBAND (Not ex) left her and she got settlement money and what not."[/b]

I don't know of any case where a woman receives a "settlement" from somebody that she is currently married to. I think you are a bit confused.

As for [b]"Funny how people had nothing to say about my previous comment:

WAIT! one more thing. If "from September 2004 to November 2005, she was given $71,689.49 to deposit from the sales of candy, candles and novelties. She deposited $54,167.58 and kept $17,521.91". How did the children get their money and candy if she didn't give them their full amount?"[/b]

What you are saying above is incoherent to me. It is not a rational argument. I have no idea what you are even trying to say. Perhaps others are puzzled by it as well, hence the reason why nobody is commenting on your theory.
TTT

Tamaqua, PA

#28 May 15, 2007
Ah... no. I did not release her marital status first. That would have been Mrs. Lafeyette Hill. By stating about her trips to the Poconos.

Whatever. I really give up, you people are going to think what you want to, no matter what facts are given and it's part of that whole "People believe that the accused if Guilty until proven innocent, and even if they are proven innocent, the damage is done".
None

Concordville, PA

#29 May 15, 2007
TTT, you sound like a child trying to make arguments that make no sense. You should get your facts straight and present logical arguments before you speak.
None

Concordville, PA

#30 May 15, 2007
Also, TTT, you were the one that released the marital status. Please read as follows:
And by the way she sure as hell didn't get the money for the house from the PTO. Her HUSBAND (Not ex) left her and she got settlement money and what not. So yeah. So please, if you are saying the PTO is where the money for her house is from, don't.

Lafeyette Hill did not release the status. Lafeyette Hill said ex-husband, but you were the one that corrected this individual, which means you released the status of the marriage.
None

Concordville, PA

#31 May 15, 2007
"People believe that the accused if Guilty until proven innocent, and even if they are proven innocent, the damage is done".

This comment makes no sense, TTT, but yet you keep on saying it.
TTT

Tamaqua, PA

#32 May 16, 2007
Yes it does! Let me break it down for you.

Melissa is beind accused. Got it that far?
Everyone thinks she's guilty. Following me yet?
If she is proven innocent, its not going to change people's minds.

AND once again. I corrected Lafeytte Hill, because we don't need anymore rumors/ assumptions going around. Now do we?
hmmm

Ephrata, PA

#33 May 16, 2007
If she is innocent, why did she leave the arraigment with her head covered. If I did not steal money, I would be releasing statments to the fact that I did not do it. In fact I would be demanding my side be heard. Why did she cover her head? She had the statements she had money. If someone else stole the money, why did she not report it to the PTO and the police right away? I would if I was held accountable! But that is me and I would not steal money from anyone.
I feel sorry for her family. The shame she brought on them! Tamaqua ia a small town. People talk here like every where else. They do not deserve the shame unless they were with her in doing it. Plus, she accused her daughter of stealing money. If the money was deposited it would not be available to sticky fingers (whomever they belong to).
Yes, you might be innocent until proven guilty but the police normally do not charge someone without anything to warrent the charges. Time will tell. Yes, she brought shame to her family! I feel bad for them. However, she brought this on herself!!!!
Marky-Mark

Fayetteville, NC

#34 May 17, 2007
TTT wrote:
First of all, until this woman is proven guilty, she's innocent. I believe that Tamaqua PTO is trying to pinpoint the blame on someone whom of which they think they can breakdown. Not going to happen. And to bring her daughter into it? I know for one that a mother would NEVER do that, especially her. Tamaqua is one of those towns where everyone likes to talk and when they get bored they think of problems to start. As a previous student, I KNOW that every student went on a field trip. And for the previous comments, she IS innocent until proven guilty.
It is honestly like the Tamaqua School District is it's own government. "In school districts, you are GUILTY until proven INNOCENT." (A previous school district employee). This is rediculous. If you want something to talk about, talk about sports or something, instead of BASHING people.
Thanks for your time.
A Former Tamaqua Student
One question: Then why did she voluntarily "pay back" $6000 to the PTO??? Obviously she was dippin' into the funds.
none

Sparta, NJ

#35 Sep 27, 2007
she needs 2 go to jail for what she did there so what do u think about that
none

Sparta, NJ

#37 Oct 1, 2007
no matter if she took 10.00 or 32 she did the crime so know pay for it
none

Sparta, NJ

#38 Oct 10, 2007
did she go to jail yet us pto lady's are waiting for that day to come
none

Bloomington, IN

#39 Jan 17, 2008
Did anyone here if she went to jail yet???
None

Bloomington, IN

#40 Feb 1, 2008
Guilty or innocent, I don't know? I heard her say "What's the big deal anyway if I get convicted? The worst I will get is probation."
Cranberry-

Sparta, NJ

#41 Feb 1, 2008
According to ujsportal.pacourts.us, she was granted a "continuance" on January 28, 2008.
None

Bloomington, IN

#42 Feb 2, 2008
Where is the information located on that website that I can pull up the status of the case?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Summit Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Panther Valley News (Jul '14) 1 hr Hugh Manity 1,311
Tamaqua Drug Bust 2016 3 hr phaq junkies 9
Do you give a phaq about Jesse Farber? 3 hr phaq junkies 15
News Drug sweep targets dealers 3 hr phaq junkies 11
News Dozens charged in Pennsylvania as authorities c... 3 hr moment of zen 1
Info on someone wanted in this drug bust 8 hr stickler 6
Times News to Sell to Filipino Company 8 hr stickler 10
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Summit Hill Mortgages