Review: Linder Truck Lines LLC

Review: Linder Truck Lines LLC

Posted in the Summerville Forum

AKA Linder Truck Leasing

Stockbridge, GA

#1 Jul 11, 2012
On 6-8-12 I sent Linder Truck Leasing/Lines a partial deposit of $500, On 6-22-12 I sent another deposit of $500 for a total of $1,000 on a 2005 International Tractor. I was told by Gerald Linder that it would be atleast a week before I could pick up the truck because the truck was in the engine shop. After many phone calls he told me everything was ready on 7-6-12 and I could make arrangements to be there on 7-9-12. I caught a bus from Atlanta, GA to Summerville, SC arriving there @ 0745 on Monday 7-9-12. When I got to the dealership I met Gerald and he stated he was only waiting for a signed copy of the lease from the trucking company that I was going to work for. After a phone call the trucking company stated that the lease had to be in my name & Gerald would not agree to it and stated I would have to put another $1000 down before he could do that. I told him that I did not have the money right now. Initially the term of the lease was 3 years. But, he changed the term to four years because the truck had a rebuilt engine ($25,740.00 for an inframe) making the total cost of the truck $102,960.00 for a 2005 International. I caught a ride home with a truck driver and contacted Gerald on 7-11-12 to inform him that I did not want the truck and I wanted my deposit refunded. He stated that it would be a minimum of 30 days before I could get my deposit if he decided to give it back. I have never signed any contract whatsoever. But this company is trying to RIP me off for $1,000.
Comeback kid

United States

#2 Jul 13, 2012
Thanks for the info. I am waiting on a response myself. Did your carrier say why they would not agree to the terms? I might need to go as a company driver and save up some more money.
AKA Linder Truck Leasing wrote:
On 6-8-12 I sent Linder Truck Leasing/Lines a partial deposit of $500, On 6-22-12 I sent another deposit of $500 for a total of $1,000 on a 2005 International Tractor. I was told by Gerald Linder that it would be atleast a week before I could pick up the truck because the truck was in the engine shop. After many phone calls he told me everything was ready on 7-6-12 and I could make arrangements to be there on 7-9-12. I caught a bus from Atlanta, GA to Summerville, SC arriving there @ 0745 on Monday 7-9-12. When I got to the dealership I met Gerald and he stated he was only waiting for a signed copy of the lease from the trucking company that I was going to work for. After a phone call the trucking company stated that the lease had to be in my name & Gerald would not agree to it and stated I would have to put another $1000 down before he could do that. I told him that I did not have the money right now. Initially the term of the lease was 3 years. But, he changed the term to four years because the truck had a rebuilt engine ($25,740.00 for an inframe) making the total cost of the truck $102,960.00 for a 2005 International. I caught a ride home with a truck driver and contacted Gerald on 7-11-12 to inform him that I did not want the truck and I wanted my deposit refunded. He stated that it would be a minimum of 30 days before I could get my deposit if he decided to give it back. I have never signed any contract whatsoever. But this company is trying to RIP me off for $1,000.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Summerville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
http://salarydaily.com/?cash=15889 Nov 16 Quarter 1
Marie Hicks Inabinett Nov 11 DAV 4
News Steve Bannon jokes Hillary Clinton got her 'ass... Nov 11 justathought 3
Marcia Jonczak Ritchie Oct '17 Alanasquid 1
Healthfirst - Summerville DO NOT GO THERE! (May '09) Sep '17 Singlemom 58
News South Carolina Gov. Henry McMaster considering ... Sep '17 Mary Banco 1
News McMaster confirms S.C. in running for Toyota-Ma... Aug '17 hrena2 1

Summerville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance