Treasurer Thomas Ravenel to Enter Rehab

Full story: WLTX Columbia

Federal prosecutors say South Carolina Treasurer Thomas Ravenel will enter a rehabilitation center the specializes in addictive behavior.
Comments
1 - 20 of 160 Comments Last updated May 2, 2014
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Nicky Santora

Ethridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2007

Looks like Richy Rich will beg the judge for leniency because he is a sick addict who has a "disease." Meanwhile, his drug dealing accomplice will rot in prison. It pays to be a rich Ravenel. Grey poupon anyone?
Amy

Lexington, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2007

Try to make me go to rehab, I say no, no, no.
med

Reading, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2007

you are right why can'nt the black man get help the same way this just goes to show this is a very prejudice place it makes you dislike here so much he should be locked up just like the other fellow that shows where this country stands you probally will not get one white person to post anything against this man it's a down right shame and by the way what is your opinion wltx
dbh

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2007

and this is where to read http://www.myspace.com/travenel
mary

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2007

Mr Ravenel should be sent to jail just like everybody else and let him do rehab in jail like every drug dealer do. Not to mention the money he have stolen from the people to use for his so call addictive behavior. That right he have stolen and lied to the people of South Carolina to covering up his addiction and so have his lying family.
PDQ

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2007

Judged:

To MED, get over your black vs. white people thing. What is shows is that if you have money and/or have anykind of political connection of anykind, all you get is a slap on the wrist and get sent to the big bad rehab for drug users. You have black and white people that are drug users because they CHOOSE TO BE.. not because of race. Blacks, white, mexicans and others ALL HAVE THE CHOICE of not doing anykind of drugs, but because they are readily availible in certain city areas, you have those THAT CHOOSE TO DO SO.. I dont have any sympathy of anykind for those that choose to do drugs of their choice because THEY KNOW BETTER and what it will do to them and their families, So GET OVER YOUR BLACK's are the poor victims here. You dont like it, YOU do something about it. I see their are idiots up north also. I thought SC was stupid(which it is) but I also see that there are dummies up North too. Get off your Racial Horse and get a life. No one GIVES a R A T S A S S about poor little Ravenel rich boy.
FYI

Beaufort, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2007

What about Thomas Ravenel's business partner (Michael Levon Miller) Is he going to rehab? Oh, wait, he has been arrested and is is in jail. What a deal, Ravenel goes to rehab and Miller goes to jail. This has the appearance that there people in high places protecting Ravenel. So far, he has been given a get out of jail free card. Do they have rehab that will cure "Cocaine Distribution"? If so, give Ravenel a double dose of it.
HRPuffenstuff

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2007

Poor little Rich Kid... he get's Daddy to fix his drug sentence to be reduced to go to rehab so he doesnt have to go to jail.. I wonder if he would like some "Cheese" with that "WHINE".??? What losers here in SC in everyway.
llroy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2007

The bum is just trying to stay out of jail ,where he belongs with the rest of the criminals .
GILBERT

Swansea, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2007

med wrote:
you are right why can'nt the black man get help the same way this just goes to show this is a very prejudice place it makes you dislike here so much he should be locked up just like the other fellow that shows where this country stands you probally will not get one white person to post anything against this man it's a down right shame and by the way what is your opinion wltx
I AMD WHITE AND I AGREE WITH YOU. THIS IS SO MESSED UP. HE SHOULD DO HIS REHAB IN JAIL JUST LIKE THE REST. ARE THEY GOING TO SEND THE ONES WHO WAS IN ON THIS WITH HIM TO REHAB. I LOVE EVERYONE AND TO ME THERE ARE NO BLACK AND WHITES. WE ARE ALL EQUAL IN THE EYES OF THE LORD. ALL OF OUR BLOOD IS THE SAME COLOR. I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY THIS HAS TO BE AN ISSUE ABOUT EVERYTHING. WHITES COMMIT CRIMES JUST LIKE BLACKS AND MEXICANS AND SO ON. PUT RAVENEL IN REHAB IN JAIL.
MEG

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2007

Figures! It works in California!
ksa

Duluth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2007

I think PRISON will rehabilitate him just fine...he wasnt trying to seek help until he got caught up....I pray this state doesnt not let this just ride without him getting any PRISON time this is a FED CHARGE and just like his African American Accomplice he needs to BE BOOKED AND MUGSHOT AND LOCKED UP....WHAT A DISGRACE!!!!!

RICH WHITE AMERICA KEEP YOUR DRUGS OUT OUR NEIGHBORHOODS OR AT LEAST STOP LETTING US TAKE THE FALL WHEN U ALL ARE THE BIG DRUG DEALERS AND USERS!
TRUE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2007

ksa wrote:
I think PRISON will rehabilitate him just fine...he wasnt trying to seek help until he got caught up....I pray this state doesnt not let this just ride without him getting any PRISON time this is a FED CHARGE and just like his African American Accomplice he needs to BE BOOKED AND MUGSHOT AND LOCKED UP....WHAT A DISGRACE!!!!!
RICH WHITE AMERICA KEEP YOUR DRUGS OUT OUR NEIGHBORHOODS OR AT LEAST STOP LETTING US TAKE THE FALL WHEN U ALL ARE THE BIG DRUG DEALERS AND USERS!
AMEN AMEN AMEN
TRUE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2007

why go to rehab? rehab is when you "want" to stop....not when you just get caught and needs to show the public that you're "taking care of" the issue. WHATEVER.....FED TIME IS WHAT HE SHOULD GET....F E D E R A L.
The Great Predictor

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2007

med wrote:
It's good that he is planning to enter rehabilitation for the addiction and depression.

It would also be good if some one in the Ravenel family do a little chairity to finance help for the
black friend that was arrested. He could use rehabilitation in a plush
facility in Arizona , Florida or any other state. He to has a drug problem and no doubt is now depress.
Certainly money would not be a problem for the Ravenel's.
This would be a humaine and lifetime
gift to a young black man with a full life ahead of him. I think that the Ravenels would do something like this. Let's see. Who else feels this way.
GGG

Little River, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2007

Dang! He really is a crack head!

hhhmmmmm....
GLC

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2007

PDQ wrote:
To MED, get over your black vs. white people thing. What is shows is that if you have money and/or have anykind of political connection of anykind, all you get is a slap on the wrist and get sent to the big bad rehab for drug users. You have black and white people that are drug users because they CHOOSE TO BE.. not because of race. Blacks, white, mexicans and others ALL HAVE THE CHOICE of not doing anykind of drugs, but because they are readily availible in certain city areas, you have those THAT CHOOSE TO DO SO.. I dont have any sympathy of anykind for those that choose to do drugs of their choice because THEY KNOW BETTER and what it will do to them and their families, So GET OVER YOUR BLACK's are the poor victims here. You dont like it, YOU do something about it. I see their are idiots up north also. I thought SC was stupid(which it is) but I also see that there are dummies up North too. Get off your Racial Horse and get a life. No one GIVES a R A T S A S S about poor little Ravenel rich boy.
Agree 100% PDQ!!!
Justice

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2007

Why hasn't this man been taken to jail, finger printed, booked and released on bail? The man that alledgely sold the cocaine is in prison, where is the blindness in justice?
VERY SERIOUS

Beaufort, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2007

The Governor called the allegations against Ravenel as "very serious" It is high time that we get some VERY SERIOUS ACTION. Cocaine Distribution is a "Very Serious Problem".
CCC

Beaufort, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2007

Jail, Jail, and more Jail!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Flash Flood Watch for Dorchester County was issued at August 01 at 3:23AM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Summerville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Summerville People Search