First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Fella

Sale Creek, TN

#2 Oct 13, 2012
Matt is a bright guy and he really is a good person. Drugs can change people. Matt had a drug problem before and many people know about that. He should never have been in charge of the very things that tempt him the most. He is not a bad guy but he screwed up royaly and has to pay for it just like anybody else. He put the gun in that ladies face not the sheriff or his supervisor. He's lucky nobody was hurt.We will see how it works out.
Lyerlyone

Chatsworth, GA

#3 Oct 13, 2012
SAD
Lyerly2

Chatsworth, GA

#4 Oct 13, 2012
FUNNY
OH Jason

Dalton, GA

#5 Oct 14, 2012
Can somebody explain how it is that if John is so over budget he can just go and hire employee's back that have quit seems to me that Jason has NOT got a handle on things at all he wants everybody else to take a day off but is still letting John do as he pleases spending money that he don't have and hiring employees what is it going to take for Jason to become a man and stop this shit...... You two have just destroyed this county and both will walk off smiling you are very sad. The both of you need to move out of this county and never come back... And take your friends that you have created jobs for with you.....Bye
citizen

Dalton, GA

#6 Oct 14, 2012
OH Jason wrote:
Can somebody explain how it is that if John is so over budget he can just go and hire employee's back that have quit seems to me that Jason has NOT got a handle on things at all he wants everybody else to take a day off but is still letting John do as he pleases spending money that he don't have and hiring employees what is it going to take for Jason to become a man and stop this shit...... You two have just destroyed this county and both will walk off smiling you are very sad. The both of you need to move out of this county and never come back... And take your friends that you have created jobs for with you.....Bye
You sir are clueless. Jason cannot simply do as he pleases he has to follow GA law. He is doing a dang good job of managing this shit storm.
new and improved jackson

Chatsworth, GA

#7 Oct 14, 2012
Hey, he canít help it. He has a disability. Heís a lying moronic ignoramus. And he needs correcting on a regular basis. Thank you, for doing your part.
Dude

United States

#8 Oct 15, 2012
Reckon he got out?
OrsoIheard

Morristown, TN

#9 Oct 15, 2012
Dude wrote:
Reckon he got out?
He is suppose to have a bond set in Fort Payne this morning and then be transferred back to Chattooga County Jail. I can't believe they will hold him in the county jail considering he would probably be in there with people he had arrested. His family was working on it this morning. 1180 hasn't posted any updates. No use crying over spilled milk, but Matt has sure pulled a dumb one that is going to affect a lot of people who have tried to stick by him and support him. Some very innocent people are going to be affected in ways that may or may not be better for them. I am sure he is aware of this and feeling bad about it, but the very idea of something of this magnitude should have made him weigh the cost and realize who would be hurt before doing it. The thoughts of what he could loose and who would be hurt should have scared him straight to someone who could help him get straightened out. His family will do their best and spend whatever it takes to clean up his mess AGAIN. But someday it is going to get old and he is going to just be the family's sad joke. He really had a good chance and he has blown it all to whaley. Sad for the innocents who depended on, loved, trusted, and looked up to him and now will most likely have their lives in upheaval because he couldn't keep his nose out of trouble. Stupid doesn't begin to cover it. Another victim of the demon of addiction. Another family the victim of the addicted.
Money talks

Morristown, TN

#10 Oct 15, 2012
Matt is out of jail and eating home cooking by now. FACT. Time is now 2:50pm.
Money talks

Morristown, TN

#11 Oct 15, 2012
Dude wrote:
Reckon he got out?
Of course.
Dude

Sale Creek, TN

#12 Oct 15, 2012

A GBI agent has filed charges against a Chattooga County investigator for allegedly stealing cocaine and pills from the sheriff department's evidence room.
GBI Agent Joe Montgomery charged 33-year-old Joseph Matthew "Matt" Hayes with possession of cocaine, possession of Hydrocodone, violation of oath of office and two counts of theft by taking.
"Matthew Hayes Investigator with Chattooga County Sheriff's office did take drug evidence that was to be destroyed into his possession outside his duties as a police officer," GBI Agent Montgomery stated.
Hayes went to the Chattooga Jail this afternoon and turned himself over to jailers.
The case against the sheriff's investigator started late Thursday afternoon and a manhunt ensued by nightfall. The sheriff, other investigators and Matt's wife didn't know what happened to him. Despite cell phone calls, Hayes wouldn't answer them.(See related story below).
Next >
Money talks

Morristown, TN

#15 Oct 15, 2012
What surprises me is that no one is on here talking about his prior drug problems. He has been in rehab before and since becoming a deputy. I guess everyone feels bad for him. Everett let this known drug user be in charge of the confiscated drugs ON HIS OWN WITH NO ONE TO VERIFY OR WITNESS THE DISPOSAL OF THE DRUGS. Why did he do that? Perhaps someone ought to ponder if the drugs were for use or sell and who was going to share in the booty for any sales? Who walks these hills on a cold dark night?
tell one tell all

Spring Hill, TN

#16 Oct 15, 2012
Money talks wrote:
What surprises me is that no one is on here talking about his prior drug problems. He has been in rehab before and since becoming a deputy. I guess everyone feels bad for him. Everett let this known drug user be in charge of the confiscated drugs ON HIS OWN WITH NO ONE TO VERIFY OR WITNESS THE DISPOSAL OF THE DRUGS. Why did he do that? Perhaps someone ought to ponder if the drugs were for use or sell and who was going to share in the booty for any sales? Who walks these hills on a cold dark night?
If you are the POPO you get special treatment,do you think that your ever day pot smoker would get a chance to walk in the SO and turn him self in if he had done what this DIRTY COP did?
I don't think so,he must know some dirt on someone down their.
BIG JOHN

Chatsworth, GA

#17 Oct 16, 2012
HE BETTER NOT TALK.
can you say do what

Morristown, TN

#18 Oct 16, 2012
Ask the Trion Police Chief who it was he found in the motel up there so geeked up he was out of his ever loving mind and the Police Chief called John Everett and asked him what he wanted him to do about his deputy.
Dude

Sale Creek, TN

#19 Oct 16, 2012
can you say do what wrote:
Ask the Trion Police Chief who it was he found in the motel up there so geeked up he was out of his ever loving mind and the Police Chief called John Everett and asked him what he wanted him to do about his deputy.
You shouldn't say that unless its true. That being said I have heard something along those lines before. The GBI needs to be made aware of this.
go figure

Chatsworth, GA

#20 Oct 16, 2012
look he's not the only drug task force or officer that has prior drug issues or that is shady. He might just sing like a bird to reduce his own time, bet there are alot of worried individuals right about now.Just makes them all look like running jokes and absolutely NO faith in the lot of them. You cant work that close to someone and be an "expert" in drug prevention and narcotics, etc as some officers claim to be and NOT know when someone you interact with daily is spiraling down hill fast. And who was keeping up with evidence? sounds like the patients are running the coo coos nest down there.The GBI knows alot more for a longer period of time than we'll ever know or be told about.The bad part about it is that every case this officer ever touched is spoiled goods. alot of cases will be over turned and appealed. Not saying some shouldnt be..But what about the ones where people were hurt and victims of cases that will be over turned because of his crap that shouldnt be. the impact of his true character will touch more lives than just his family. The whole thing is a little sickening and another dark cloud over good ole chattooga co. SAD..Just SAD
county employee

Chatsworth, GA

#21 Oct 17, 2012
citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
You sir are clueless. Jason cannot simply do as he pleases he has to follow GA law. He is doing a dang good job of managing this shit storm.
he created this shit storm so he should deal with it.
sam

Chatsworth, GA

#22 Oct 17, 2012
Erik L Mann wrote:
If i am a lowlife piece of shit for having had drug addiction in my past, then so is this Matt Hayes.In fact he is even worse because he was a public servant and arrested people for doing the same thing he was doing. so all of you who love taking up for cops and love kissing up to the sheriff dept here in our county can think on that. yet asgain one of your own gets busted being a hypocrite. Great job, John. the blame ultimately rests with you for hiring him, and for having lax evidence room security. good luck working security at walmart , cause thats probably the closest you will ever come to being a cop again
You know you are a piece of shit. i don't care anything about this person or what he has done but what you need to do is get off mommas couch get a job and go to work. Your parents raised you better than that quit being a burden on then.
citizen

Dalton, GA

#23 Oct 17, 2012
county employee wrote:
<quoted text>he created this shit storm so he should deal with it.
Yea It is his fault... He forced the Sheriff to go over his budget. Get your head out of the sand.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Summerville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
"What's Going On in Burns" 19 hr jojo12 2
Local Currency part 2 Sun jojo12 2
"THOUSANDS! Showed to Celebrate the life of LaV... Sun jojo12 1
Summerville News "Soundoff" (Mar '10) Sat Country girl 419
"A New Way to Hold Gold" Feb 6 jojo12 1
If you bought a safe you should see this. Feb 6 jojo12 1
"....Voter Fraud Caught On Live TV" Feb 6 jojo12 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Summerville Mortgages