First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Donna

Rome, GA

#1 Aug 20, 2009
has anyone heard if there is a verdict in the Mike Bright trial?
cook

Summerville, GA

#2 Aug 20, 2009
Jury still deliberating. Heard they had to bring in the alternate, so the deliberating started all over. Don't know if an original jury was sick or what...
Joe

Summerville, GA

#3 Aug 20, 2009
Jury still out
Donna

Rome, GA

#4 Aug 20, 2009
wow. I did not think It would take this long, but I guess if they had to start all over.....
Michael

Seymour, TN

#5 Aug 20, 2009
An original juror was released due to having a sympathy decal for Mr. Harris displayed on his personal vehicle. So as I undersand deliberations have started over. I was expecting a lengthy deliberation though.
whatsnewstoyou

Winfield, AL

#6 Aug 20, 2009
According to one twitter update, the jury has been sent home until tomorrow morning. Very complicated I guess.
HatfieldsandMcCo ys

Sevierville, TN

#7 Aug 20, 2009
Bet he will be guilty, seems that way to me. In Chattooga County maybe you can just shot a man.
Trionite

Summerville, GA

#8 Aug 20, 2009
I believe he will get a lesser charge....
telln the truth

Kathleen, GA

#9 Aug 20, 2009
Your better off killing somebody in Chattooga County than to get caught with a little dope.....
ivebeenthere

Ashburn, GA

#10 Aug 20, 2009
well the person with the sympathy decal shouldve been in trouble considering he managed to get himself passed the barrage of questions asked by both attnys. before picking jurors.

The fact that they took all day to deliberate would tend to sway the fact that he will be found "Not guilty" or of a lesser charge. Who knows what this case will wind up being, but when a jury takes that long to decide something, they're usually looking for something to find him guilty and cannot.

This case could swing either way, anyone who knew Shawn, knew if he was trying to get at you to fight you would either have to shoot him or run. In this case, the guy choose to shoot. Was it self defense? Was it premeditated murder? Who knows...

All I know is, there are two school age children and a baby who does not have a father now, albeit he was mean and a crazy, he was still their father and now hes gone over something as stupid as a beer thrown at a moving car.

Sad, I feel for his great mother and Great father and I hate to see them in terrible pain over loosing their son. I also feel for his wife who now has to do everything by herself.

As for Mike, I also feel for him because everyday hes running the mistake he made through his mind wishing he wouldve just stepped on the gas instead of pulling the trigger.

Terrible tragedy for both sides.
telln the truth

Kathleen, GA

#11 Aug 21, 2009
All Mike had to do was MASH THE GAS!!!!!!!!!I dont' feel sorry for him..........
cook

Summerville, GA

#12 Aug 21, 2009
who was the dumb--- jurror? Could a mis-trial be declared due to their dumb--- actions?
Donna

Rome, GA

#13 Aug 21, 2009
I would say it has mistrial written all over it!
JavaJunkie

Dalton, GA

#14 Aug 21, 2009
I totally agree. Mike SHOULD have just driven away, so don't feel sorry for him. Murder is murder, regardless!!!!
whatsnewstoyou

Haleyville, AL

#15 Aug 21, 2009
cook wrote:
who was the dumb--- jurror? Could a mis-trial be declared due to their dumb--- actions?
What dumb juror? During selection, there are specific questions asked. These questions are to be answered honestly in order for both sides to choose the most impartial jury they can find. If the accusation of a sympathy bumper sticker is true, it is either a setup or the juror was less than honest.

This needs to be investigated. Why is there so often a "fixed" smell about the judicial process in CC? We need to ask the tough questions and get answers or this will continue. An honest process is all that stands between the innocent being convicted and the guilty going free.
Conerned

Seymour, TN

#16 Aug 21, 2009
I pray for both families involved. But I disagree that Mike doesn't deserve sympathy. Everyone deserves fogiveness and prayer. Hang in there Mike and Mrs. Judy and all. God Bless you all.
Donna

Rome, GA

#17 Aug 21, 2009
I wonder when there will be a verdict?
Fly in the CC courthouse

Ringgold, GA

#18 Aug 21, 2009
Well he's never spent more than a few days in jail as of yet. That just goes to show it's all in who you know or who your family happens to be. I'm so sick of this so called justice system I could puke. Just look at the "judge" reining over this case. I still don't think her husband's death has been thoroughly investigated. But of course she was allowed to burn him to ashes within 24-48 hours of his demise. I guarantee you somebody has information and they wil use it when the right time gets here.
Mike Bright murdered Shawn Harris in cold blood. Just because Shawn was not afraid of a bully don't mean he needed to die!
InMyOpinion

United States

#19 Aug 21, 2009
Conerned wrote:
I pray for both families involved. But I disagree that Mike doesn't deserve sympathy. Everyone deserves fogiveness and prayer. Hang in there Mike and Mrs. Judy and all. God Bless you all.
I would not forgive him if he shot my son... Why not just call the law??? PRIDE....

Why feel sympathy for someone who shoots a Father/Son/Husband out of pride? This was an ongoing feud and it sounds like Mr. Harris did his part in fanning the flames but the bottom line is he had ample time to report it to the local authorities. He chose to handle it his way and therefore i don't feel sorry for him. I bet the next time he will not make decisions based on pride.
Floss

Atlanta, GA

#20 Aug 21, 2009
According to what the law states in what Jason Espy wrote in the paper yesterday, Mike's actions were justified. Although I don't agree with what happened, if that is in fact the law, he may recieve a lesser sentence. He shouldn't have even been there, but we don't all think the same way. Also, I also agree that that juror should be punished. What a waste of everyone's time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Summerville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Human Rights 13 hr jojo12 1
Freedom movement becoming concrete 18 hr jojo12 1
"....UN Peacekeeping Troops to leave US soil." 18 hr jojo12 1
Dean of Yale Law School or a Constitutional Law... Tue jojo12 1
Privacy in a digital age Tue jojo12 1
Abolishing Capitalism Tue jojo12 1
"....the Federal Reserve Note...." Aug 21 jojo12 1

Summerville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance