Alabama Supreme Court halts same-sex marriage

Tuesday Mar 3 Full story: WKRN 15

The Alabama Supreme Court on Tuesday ordered the state's probate judges to stop issuing marriage licenses to gay couples, a decision that flies in the face of numerous rulings by federal judges in Alabama and other states across the country who have said banning gay marriage violates the U.S. Constitution. The all-Republican court sided with a pair of conservative organizations Tuesday in ruling that the U.S. Constitution doesn't alter the judges' duty to administer state law, which defines marriage as between only one man and one woman.

Read more
Got Cha 23

Maryville, TN

#1 Feb 20, 2011
Well Summervile Finally have a black major.. Summerville is movin up tha chart.. Well the City of Summerville have a black major, black police chief. they only thing missing is a Black Fire Chief.. Lets see if we can make that happen
car dealer

Chatsworth, GA

#2 Feb 20, 2011
now maybe he will make thing right here like make t-c work some. why do we need him we got 3 bosses for each dept. they even made a job for gordon. so t-c can sit and play games on the computer. just stop by and look he playing games ever time we come in with a problem then he tell us to talk to dept head so why we need him dont cut the boys that work start with the one that dont do anything
buck wheat

Maryville, TN

#3 Feb 21, 2011
say he do play games ever time,well i be.summerville finally have a black mayor and a black major.thats life in the big city.OTAY.
resident

Dalton, GA

#4 Feb 21, 2011
Sure way to banckrupt a city, is watch Bell, California and Summerville, Georgia, buddy, buddy, and tax,tax,tax.
Bee

Athens, GA

#5 Feb 21, 2011
Oh my. It's quite embarrassing to see how much time people spend on this site, when the time would be much better spent learning to type, spell and punctuate. I'm having trouble discerning what most of these threads say. Folks wonder why people stereotype our county and call us ignorant?
buck wheat

Maryville, TN

#6 Feb 22, 2011
only an idiot would wonder why.thank god your here to correct us bee.i was just having a little fun with the post above mine.its really not that serious.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#7 Feb 22, 2011
buck wheat wrote:
only an idiot would wonder why.thank god your here to correct us bee.i was just having a little fun with the post above mine.its really not that serious.
I caught on to that and actually got a kick out of your post. Keep up the good work man, it was funny.
tfd

Dalton, GA

#8 Mar 13, 2011
heard summerville getting a new fire truck why to go B-M get it before the new mayor get in people like him is why the city cant get along with any one kicking kids out of christmas supper
fire chief and sell city insurance if that a conflick what is made him kin a job G_a mister harvey pls get rid of him before he make you look bad

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#9 Mar 13, 2011
I thought Greg Echols was city fire cheif.

B-M? Do you mean B. Eleam? Thought he was Asst. Fire chief and the one who denied the child food.

Last I heard: Guffin & Eleam - Butch Eleam writes the property/Structure Insurance.
Flegal - Tony Jones writes the employee Blue Cross Blue Sheild health insurance.
Not sure about insurance on equipment and ALL those New Department Head Trucks.
looking at it now

Chatsworth, GA

#10 Mar 17, 2011
b-e now control all of summmerville he own the ins place tony work from him to running the fire dept in the ground now he got daivd he controlhim
why the city manager put up with this we never know guess he on pay roll to pls mayor lookin to this out side people that work for city not running the city
Goober

Dalton, GA

#11 Mar 17, 2011
Bee wrote:
Oh my. It's quite embarrassing to see how much time people spend on this site, when the time would be much better spent learning to type, spell and punctuate. I'm having trouble discerning what most of these threads say. Folks wonder why people stereotype our county and call us ignorant?

I rezent being called ignorant but i wood like to no what discerning means.
Get a dictionary

Dalton, GA

#12 Mar 17, 2011
Goober wrote:
<quoted text>
I rezent being called ignorant but i wood like to no what discerning means.
rezent - resent, i-I, wood-would, no-know
also missing a comma

discern-to see, or make out through any of the senses; to perceive with the mind
Goober

Dalton, GA

#13 Mar 17, 2011
Get a dictionary wrote:
<quoted text>
rezent - resent, i-I, wood-would, no-know
also missing a comma
discern-to see, or make out through any of the senses; to perceive with the mind
im empresed.
I love Summerville

Chatsworth, GA

#14 Mar 17, 2011
What does get somethings done over there mean?
had it

Corrigan, TX

#15 Mar 17, 2011
i think i will move to another county

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Summerville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
"Iraq War Had Zero Justification" 6 hr jojo12 1
Inflationary Depression Coming 12 hr jojo12 1
"The 4th Most Influential Thinker?" Mon jojo12 1
Walmart's Tire & lube express sucks Mon Citizen 3
"mega corporation buys out invention" Mon jojo12 1
Online talks 29th March 2105 Sun jojo12 1
"We donít lie to our search engine" Sun jojo12 2
Summerville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web