Trion's quarterback arrested for DUI
YOUR MOMMA

Sevierville, TN

#23 Oct 16, 2012
thatscrazy12 wrote:
What going on with this? This kid was arrested for DUI and he's only 16. But the crazy part is he will only miss one game, he should not be allow to play the rest of the year, he let the school down and his brothers on the team down, no was he should play. But then again its Trion....
SOME PEOPLE JUST NEED TO MIND THERE OWN BUSINESS. BACK IN THE OLD DAYS EVERYONE DRANK AFTER A BALLGAME. MOST HIGH SCHOOL KIDS HAVE DRAKE OR DONE WORSE. YOU I;M SURE HAVE DID WORSE THING IN YOUR LIFE.
Eyes Wide Open

Cleveland, GA

#24 Oct 16, 2012
That is wonderful logic, everybody has done it, so chalk it up to kids will be kids. What happens if those kids take the life of someone in your family because of their responsibility? Will you say the same? It is a shame and my hope is that these kids learn from their mistakes. When people dismiss it as just typical teenage behavior, well that is just turning a blind eye.
Eyes Wide Open

Cleveland, GA

#25 Oct 16, 2012
Pardon me,."irresponsibility. "
Dude

Maryville, TN

#26 Oct 16, 2012
YOUR MOMMA wrote:
<quoted text>SOME PEOPLE JUST NEED TO MIND THERE OWN BUSINESS. BACK IN THE OLD DAYS EVERYONE DRANK AFTER A BALLGAME. MOST HIGH SCHOOL KIDS HAVE DRAKE OR DONE WORSE. YOU I;M SURE HAVE DID WORSE THING IN YOUR LIFE.
. I agree Moma.
go figure

Canton, GA

#27 Oct 16, 2012
Funny thing is the other guy that went to jail is the step son of the superintendent...I know alot of kids He tried to crucify while he was principle .. Karma..But of course there has always been and will be exceptions when it comes to athletics and who you are...that's not just a Trion way....That's the way in many educational institutions. Kids party (FACT).Sad part is there is enough education out there about drinking and driving, there is NO EXCUSE for putting your life and the lives of others at risk.and some one who does surely should NOT be deemed a role model or in a position for every younger student in the school to look up to.These boys were very lucky, but getting off easy won't serve them well in Chattooga Co. This is not the first QB to have issues like this and several have went to big boy jail as adults because they thought they were "special" well when high school is over no one there to make excuses for you, cover and have no real cost to pay.Yes the school has every right to hold their athletes to a standard on and off the playing feild whether in school hours , event or not. extra curricular activities are not a right and have very little to do with a access to a free and adequate EDUCATION. They CAN deny a child the right to participate if they do not adhere to a code of conduct for participants. The School is the one CHOOSING to NOT do so in certain cases. right? you decide. But that's the fact of the matter.
TrionObserver

Ashburn, GA

#28 Oct 16, 2012
Who's buying the beer for these kids?
Sam

Columbia, TN

#29 Oct 16, 2012
TrionObserver wrote:
Who's buying the beer for these kids?
They hang around kids 21+ it's not like that would be an issue. Most of them are football player graduates of Trion if you can imagine that.
Parent

United States

#30 Oct 17, 2012
Oh good grief!! People in Chattooga County kill me!!! Why is it that anytime a kid from Trion does something that all teenagers do it's such a big deal? Kids from Chattooga do stupid stuff all the time and it's nothing! Are Trion students really held to a higher standard? We all did it growing up and making mistakes is just a part of growing up. And also to these "adults" making comments, get your facts straight before posting stuff online for everybody to read. Why doesn't anyone talk about how many students from
Chattooga get in trouble for drugs & not just drinking?
Parent

United States

#31 Oct 17, 2012
Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
They hang around kids 21+ it's not like that would be an issue. Most of them are football player graduates of Trion if you can imagine that.
Kids get alcohol, always have, always will! & you don't have to be a TRION football player to get it or drink it! I guess kids from other schools don't get & drink alcohol?! Stop kidding yourself!!!!
Parent

United States

#32 Oct 17, 2012
Sam wrote:
Why do the parents of these boys allow them to run around doing whatever they want anyway? 16,17,18 I don't care. They live in my house ill know where they are or they won't be there. These kids have been doing this for a long time and their parents aren't dummies. They know. So what more can you expect?
So I take it your kids are or were perfect?! Parents can't keep a freaking leash on their kids 24/7!!!!!!!
PreviousUnderage DUIDriver

Rocky Face, GA

#33 Oct 17, 2012
oh yea wrote:
<quoted text>
Last time I looked you had to be legally drunk to get a DUI. Consumption means you had a drink (even if it is only one) and that does not necessarily mean you are drunk.
That is true for a driver that is over the age of 21. In the State of Georgia however, drivers under the age of 21 are guilty of DUI with a Blood Alcohol Level of .02 grams or higher. This information is easily available to anyone with a quick search. There is NO such thing as Underage Consumption for a DRIVER under 21! And the penalties are harsh, including a minimum of 24 hours in jail!

Georgia DUI Conviction When Under 21 Years Of Age

Blood alcohol level of 0.02 grams is standard for DUI in an offender who is under 21.
Imprisonment not less than 10 days nor more than 12 months;
Judge may suspend all but 24 hours of imprisonment;
Probation, 12 months less any time served in jail;
Fine not less than $300 nor more than $1,000;
Not less than 40 hours community service;
Attend and complete Drug and Alcohol Risk Reduction School; (DUI school);
Revocation of drivers licenses, however after 6 months following the effective date of the revocation and subject to the examination requirements for obtaining a drivers license the individual my apply for their drivers license. If the blood alcohol level was 0.08 or more the revocation is for 12 months. A second or subsequent DUI the revocation is for 12 months. Must have completed the Drug and Alcohol Risk Reduction School, and pay a fine.
wow

Statesboro, GA

#34 Oct 17, 2012
why do any of you care. worry about your own pathetic lives, and not the mistakes of a 16 year old.
go figure

Lithonia, GA

#35 Oct 17, 2012
Parent wrote:
Oh good grief!! People in Chattooga County kill me!!! Why is it that anytime a kid from Trion does something that all teenagers do it's such a big deal? Kids from Chattooga do stupid stuff all the time and it's nothing! Are Trion students really held to a higher standard? We all did it growing up and making mistakes is just a part of growing up. And also to these "adults" making comments, get your facts straight before posting stuff online for everybody to read. Why doesn't anyone talk about how many students from
Chattooga get in trouble for drugs & not just drinking?
No one said kids from other schools don’t do stupid things too. And there are kids at Trion that use drugs and not just drinking. well maybe if Trion didn't want to put on airs as if they set such a "higher standard" than everyone and every other school does and that they have the most well behaved and up right students than any other school, there wouldn’t be such attention brought to it when their fluffy white cloud they ride around on is brought back to earth due to the fact that their students aren't any more special, or flawless than any other school. With that said, it should not be supported, excused and these kids still be viewed as so called role models to the other students when they do things like this. And everyone knows that every little boy in small town America idolizes the QB from their local school. Hope they learn from this and want to be kids that are true leaders in a positive way. But of course adults who work in the school system should be setting examples for their students too, and that hasn’t always been the case up on the hill or from the BOE office .
whatadisgrace

Columbia, TN

#36 Oct 17, 2012
Every kid that was in that truck that night does drugs lol They better just be glad they were lucky enough to have just had alcohol as an issue that night. Half that football team smokes dope but somehow they always pass the drug tests. Everyone knows something's up with those "drug tests". Trions a joke. If they took it more seriously maybe the kids would. That football team should be the least of their worries. Producing young adults that are contributions to society instead of burdens should be their top priority. But when all you worry about is how you appear to the public stuff gets swept under the rug and the kids get lost somewhere in the shuffle. We all know how dirty Trion and most of its employees are and that's why it's such an issue when things like this happen.
Sam

Columbia, TN

#37 Oct 17, 2012
Parent wrote:
<quoted text>So I take it your kids are or were perfect?! Parents can't keep a freaking leash on their kids 24/7!!!!!!!
You don't have to have a leash on them to make sure they are out acting stupid. But you cant wait until their 16 to start trying either. My kids are grown. Graduated from college and have never been arrested. I know a lot of people that made it through their teenage years and college without getting arrested. I take it you don't. Its all in how they are raised. Sorry if that disappoints you.
Parent

United States

#38 Oct 17, 2012
whatadisgrace wrote:
Every kid that was in that truck that night does drugs lol They better just be glad they were lucky enough to have just had alcohol as an issue that night. Half that football team smokes dope but somehow they always pass the drug tests. Everyone knows something's up with those "drug tests". Trions a joke. If they took it more seriously maybe the kids would. That football team should be the least of their worries. Producing young adults that are contributions to society instead of burdens should be their top priority. But when all you worry about is how you appear to the public stuff gets swept under the rug and the kids get lost somewhere in the shuffle. We all know how dirty Trion and most of its employees are and that's why it's such an issue when things like this happen.
Just how do you know every one of them in the truck & half the team does drugs? Do you do drugs with them? I have a child on that football team & I drug test him randomly quite often so mind what you say, especially when you don't have a clue!
Parent

United States

#39 Oct 17, 2012
Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have to have a leash on them to make sure they are out acting stupid. But you cant wait until their 16 to start trying either. My kids are grown. Graduated from college and have never been arrested. I know a lot of people that made it through their teenage years and college without getting arrested. I take it you don't. Its all in how they are raised. Sorry if that disappoints you.
That doesn't disappoint me at all, but I also know quite a few who have made it without an arrest record. If you will read your first comment you said your kids wouldn't be doing it at all. I have a child in college & trust me even though she was a honor graduate, graduated in the top 10 in her class, and currently has a 3.8 GPA, I'm still not dumb enough to say she never did anything like this when she was in school. What I am saying is that people need to realize I don't think it's right, they deserve to be punished, but at the same time they are kids & they as well as any other teenager will make mistakes.
whatadisgrace

Columbia, TN

#40 Oct 17, 2012
Parent wrote:
<quoted text>Just how do you know every one of them in the truck & half the team does drugs? Do you do drugs with them? I have a child on that football team & I drug test him randomly quite often so mind what you say, especially when you don't have a clue!
How can your one child be half the team? and I know. Ask your son I'm sure he knows as well. Now, put your rose colored glasses back on and have a seat. Thank you.
Parent

United States

#41 Oct 17, 2012
whatadisgrace wrote:
<quoted text>
How can your one child be half the team? and I know. Ask your son I'm sure he knows as well. Now, put your rose colored glasses back on and have a seat. Thank you.
I do not have on any type of glasses, but you can't judge the whole team or half the team by what a few do, no more than I can say none of them do it just because mine doesn't. You sound like a child yourself so I'm not goin to go any further with this conversation, grow up then we may talk.
whatadisgrace

Columbia, TN

#42 Oct 17, 2012
Parent wrote:
<quoted text>I do not have on any type of glasses, but you can't judge the whole team or half the team by what a few do, no more than I can say none of them do it just because mine doesn't. You sound like a child yourself so I'm not goin to go any further with this conversation, grow up then we may talk.

Nah. I'm good.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Summerville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
"....american journalism is collapsing...." 8 hr jojo12 2
getting your bearings Wed jojo12 1
"....Currency is Life Flowing Freely" Aug 21 jojo12 2
Chrstie Stevens murder removed (Oct '13) Aug 21 nubie 106
"The master plan...." Aug 20 jojo12 1
Goonies Never Say Die Aug 20 HEALTH MAN 4
"The most important currency...." Aug 20 jojo12 2

Summerville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance