Cartersville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2012

Judged:

The coach at Chattooga has no control over his players and you can see he has no clue what he is doing. It's embarrassing and people knew this was coming. He lets players do whatever they want. Embarrassing
In the know

Fayetteville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2012

Judged:

When the opposing team is kicking your downed players on there own sideline it makes it difficult to control teenage emotions. Perhaps if Trion would control their thugs, it wouldn't come to all this. None of the Chattooga coaches were heard cursing from the press boxes. A newer school and an elitest attitude can't buy class. While I don't approve of the bench clearing, I'm proud our boys didn't take that type of abuse.
Walker Texas ranger

Chatsworth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2012

Judged:

Well I guess no one seen the late hit that Chattooga had on one of the Trion players either and it was right in front of the Summerville sideline too. When you talk about thugs the first play of the game when the Summerville running got tackled out of bounds he jumped up an started shoving trions players so I guess it's easy to tell which team has class an which team doesn't
Football mom

Dalton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2012

Judged:

What happened was not appropriate behavior from either team. There was bad sportsmanship on both sides last night. What do expect when you have trion parents talking bad about chattooga kids and vice versa. The rivalry between these two teams has always been and will probably always be. I'n the end it was a scrimmage game to help make both teams better!!!!
Well

Shelbyville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2012

Judged:

In the know, maybe none of the coaches were heard cursing from the press box, but several of the Chattooga players were screaming obscenities at each other on the field before the game when they were moving benches and setting up the field. It was obvious from where I was, and when the music ran out the entire stadium got treated to the Chattooga players colorful language. Very classy of the Chattooga fans to boo the Trion band also. The big fight that happened off the field, wasn't that two Chattooga fans? I graduated from CHS, but was ashamed at how things went last night.
Spectator

Dalton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2012

Judged:

In the know wrote:
When the opposing team is kicking your downed players on there own sideline it makes it difficult to control teenage emotions. Perhaps if Trion would control their thugs, it wouldn't come to all this. None of the Chattooga coaches were heard cursing from the press boxes. A newer school and an elitest attitude can't buy class. While I don't approve of the bench clearing, I'm proud our boys didn't take that type of abuse.
They wasnt just getting kicked on the sideline, they were getting kicked (stomped, man-handled, whatever phrase you want to use) all over the field. Chattooga set the atmosphere when their player come up swinging after he fell over the bench on Trions sideline. Chattooga has never had anything but a bunch of thugs and it was very evident during basketball season also. I just couldnt tell which was worse, the parents or the students. Gonna be a long season for the Indians
Blue Line

Dalton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2012

Judged:

I saw the cause first hand. I witnessed a chattooga player trip a trion player who then retaliated by kicking. BOTH players were in the wrong! Then the chattooga bench cleared out and some trion players left their benches but the trion coaches were able to stop them and get them back to the side lines. The chattooga coaches were not able to control their players which tells me a lot. If the chatooga players had the discipline to stay put and listen to their coaches it would not have been a big deal and the two knuckle heads on the field could have been delt with. Chattooga had better get their players under control or they will have a long season ahead of them. Clearing the benches was the only thing they did together as a team all night. We don't need individuals we need one unit working together.
In the know

Floral City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2012

Judged:

Chattooga definatly got beat on the field. Trion has the better team right now, but Chattooga is coming together and played very well the first half. They will be a much better team by the end of the season.

The displays of unsportsmanlike conduct on both sides were sickening. If people in this county can't act any better than that, this game shouldn't be played again and that is very sad.

Most Trion people are a bunch of elitist snobs. They can think of nothing better to do with their time than to look down thier noses at Chattooga kids because they don't drive the nicest cars, live in the nicest houses or make the most money. I will tell you something, our kids might not start out with much but I will guarantee you that almost everyone of them will find themselves in a better situation in their adult life than thier parents are in. Chattooga kids learn that life is hard, and no one is going to hand you anything in life. If you want to make something of yourself it will take hard work and dedication. Do all of them make it, no. Do they make mistakes, yes. But that is life. They learn from it. They are not sheltered from their own decisions, they have to grow up. They don't have the luxury of sending their problems down the road to maintain their artificial utopian society. It's the real world; winners, losers, imperfections and all.

I know this is never going to change. A lot of my friends that went to Chattooga now send their kids to Trion because they feel that it is better for them. That's their decision, but they should ask themselves if that is truly the best choice for their kids. Do you want them to learn about life and dealing with all different types of people while they are at home to discuss it with you or after they move on to college or whatever their next phase is in life? These private and semi private schools like Trion provide the opportunity for kids to learn with less distractions, but most of the kids I know have really come out socially retarded and a strong sense of undeserved entitlement.

So let your bashings begin. You are not changing my opinion, and odds are I will not change yours. But regardless how the kids behaved, I do hope that the Trion head coach or administration will discuss with the coaches in the press box on appropriate conduct because it appears the Trion kids played a lot like they have been coached.
In the know

Chatsworth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2012

Judged:

The coaches in the press box where asked to stop cursing by Mr. Lenderman because he overheard one of the coaches talking loudly over the headset to the coaches on the field about one of the Trion lineman not moving his ass on the field. I hardly think that is as bad as what you are trying to make it out to be.
standing right there

Dalton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2012

Judged:

Along with s**t and h*ll a few times. All with kids able to hear. Such language would not be tolerated during a game in any other sport and should not be acceptable during the almighty football game either.
In the know wrote:
The coaches in the press box where asked to stop cursing by Mr. Lenderman because he overheard one of the coaches talking loudly over the headset to the coaches on the field about one of the Trion lineman not moving his ass on the field. I hardly think that is as bad as what you are trying to make it out to be.
In the know

Floral City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2012

Judged:

Ok you are right, i must have been mistaken. The cursing I personally heard from 15 ft away wasn't as bad as the cursing you think I heard from across the Chattooga sideline, the width of the field and across the trion sideline. What was I thinking to publicly chastise someone who is obviously better than any of us publicly educated heathens? See above reference to utopian society.
In the know

Chatsworth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2012

Judged:

That was coming from the Chattooga people standing in the hallway when Chattooga decided to play their varsity against Trion's JV and freshmen team and still did not have any luck.
omg

Chatsworth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2012

standing right there wrote:
Along with s**t and h*ll a few times. All with kids able to hear. Such language would not be tolerated during a game in any other sport and should not be acceptable during the almighty football game either.
<quoted text>
which coaches/team?
In the know

Floral City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2012

Judged:

See socially retarded and undeserved entitlement section.
In the know

Floral City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2012

@omg most were discussing the Trion coaches in the press box and everyone's behavior. The other In the know is still discussing the score board.
In the know

Chatsworth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2012

I was not across the field. I was standing in front of the concession stand supporting the Indians...
omg

Chatsworth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2012

In the know wrote:
@omg most were discussing the Trion coaches in the press box and everyone's behavior. The other In the know is still discussing the score board.
thank you
omg

Chatsworth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2012

Judged:

Blue Line wrote:
I saw the cause first hand. I witnessed a chattooga player trip a trion player who then retaliated by kicking. BOTH players were in the wrong! Then the chattooga bench cleared out and some trion players left their benches but the trion coaches were able to stop them and get them back to the side lines. The chattooga coaches were not able to control their players which tells me a lot. If the chatooga players had the discipline to stay put and listen to their coaches it would not have been a big deal and the two knuckle heads on the field could have been delt with. Chattooga had better get their players under control or they will have a long season ahead of them. Clearing the benches was the only thing they did together as a team all night. We don't need individuals we need one unit working together.
What about the late hit and knee to the face that a Trion player made?
Trion coaches didn't have control then.
Patriot

Dalton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2012

Judged:

Classy is running to the sideline during the middle of the national anthem, which team was that.
Spectator

Dalton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2012

Judged:

Patriot wrote:
Classy is running to the sideline during the middle of the national anthem, which team was that.
Thats kind of petty. The speakers wasnt working on the Trion side, no one could hear anything being said. No one on that side realized that the National Anthem was being played. When they did, everyone stopped and showed proper respect. Do some work at the "Little Big Horn Stadium" upgrade the PA system, get enough band members to where they can be heard and I can bet that wont happen again.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

14 Users are viewing the Summerville Forum right now

Search the Summerville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 15 min General Robert E Lee 49,619
organic verses non organic 13 hr jojo12 1
Smoke Shop Wed Lloyd 1
berryton blue hole (Jun '11) Jul 22 Plastic Man 61
science and nonduality Jul 21 jojo12 1
Impeachment Jul 21 Tad 8
Churchlady stealing? $51,000 DOLLARS (Jul '09) Jul 21 Jimmy swaggert 30
•••
•••

Summerville News Video

•••
•••

Summerville Jobs