United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Judged:

Heard from a pretty reliable source that they are having more layoffs in 2 weeks just so they won't have to give a severance package to as many men. Wonder who will pick who goes this time? They let a lot of hardworking men go this last go around and kept some who are lazy and miss all the time. Pathetic!!!
miners wife

Moundsville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Judged:

i heard that it is gonna happen if obama wins the election...THEY ALSO KEPT A LOT OF HARD WORKING MEN THAT NEVER MISSED A DAY IN OVER A YR...also the mines are going to sh** b/c of obama..vote ROMNEY!!!!!!!!!
Curious

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Judged:

Never said they didn't keep some.good men. Hide and watch, it doesn't matter who wins the election (although I support Rommey)...the president can't control the dipships that run Maple. Better start saving some of that money because it won't last much longer.
miners wife

Moundsville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Judged:

we know its coming and we are saving as much as we can...hopefully romney wins and turns this country around
Curious

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Judged:

I hope for everyone's sake he does! I also hope that they call back the men who REALLY want to work. Best of luck to you and your family.

Level 9

Since: Nov 10

Powellton WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

miners wife wrote:
i heard that it is gonna happen if obama wins the election...THEY ALSO KEPT A LOT OF HARD WORKING MEN THAT NEVER MISSED A DAY IN OVER A YR...also the mines are going to sh** b/c of obama..vote ROMNEY!!!!!!!!!
LOL

That is exactly what the Republicans want...

Squeeze the poor hard enough, make them think
that Romney is their only way out....even tho
Romney closed down coal fired power plants in
his state of Mass. He went so far as to call
coal fired electric plants killers.....lol

He won't help the poor. What Republican ever has?
tom

Lookout, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

arctic wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
That is exactly what the Republicans want...
Squeeze the poor hard enough, make them think
that Romney is their only way out....even tho
Romney closed down coal fired power plants in
his state of Mass. He went so far as to call
coal fired electric plants killers.....lol
He won't help the poor. What Republican ever has?
whether he does or not i just wanna see the idiot we got now out, hes done enough damage. obama couldent run a hard D!@# i a tube of grease much less a country. the biggest mistake america ever made by far.

Level 9

Since: Nov 10

Powellton WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

tom wrote:
<quoted text>
whether he does or not i just wanna see the idiot we got now out, hes done enough damage. obama couldent run a hard D!@# i a tube of grease much less a country. the biggest mistake america ever made by far.
You watch too much Fox news.
Or you listen to too many ppl that do.
old school

Del Rio, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

management at maple.......hahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahaaaaaaaaaaaa !!!!!!!!!!
rumors

Moundsville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

anyone heard about another layoff coming in a couple weeks at maple?
yes sir

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

It's coming! Be prepared because it's a guarantee!
lol

Summersville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

yes sir wrote:
It's coming! Be prepared because it's a guarantee!
Could be true but then again they just called some back, are going to start working saturdays again because of some big coal orders they just got. But like i said you could be right about a layoff but i dont see them shutting down. You never know now a days with any place for that matter.
yes sir

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

The have 1 coal order through the end of the year, they are allowing NO overtime, which means no working saturdays,they have NOT called anyone back. The last layoff about 3 weeks ago, cost 33 underground miners their jobs and 6 aboveground miners teir jobs. Not sure where you're getting your information, but if you work there I would be prepared for more layoffs and soon, very soon.

“krystallnacht dot com”

Level 2

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

tom wrote:
the biggest mistake america ever made by far.
Worse than selling guns to the extremists that overthrew a republic and established an Islamic theocracy in Iran?

Worse than supporting Central American drug lords?

Worse than forcing Japanese, Italian, and German citizens into internment camps during World War Two?

Worse than electing "Master of Espionage" Nixon?

Worse than opening free trade with China so that they can have all of our jobs?

Wow, I guess Obama really is the antichrist. Or you just have no real argument and make it up as you go along.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Level 10

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

They hate coal because it creates jobs, fuel and energy.

“Don't Start Rumors!”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
They hate coal because it creates jobs, fuel and energy.
those jobs, fuel, and energy dont mean a damn thing when your environment suffers from it. The environment makes all things possible.
Wife

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

yes sir wrote:
The have 1 coal order through the end of the year, they are allowing NO overtime, which means no working saturdays,they have NOT called anyone back. The last layoff about 3 weeks ago, cost 33 underground miners their jobs and 6 aboveground miners teir jobs. Not sure where you're getting your information, but if you work there I would be prepared for more layoffs and soon, very soon.
Hey dummy get your facts straight they did call some back to work underground! My husband was one of them.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Level 10

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

DrMUDD wrote:
those jobs, fuel, and energy dont mean a damn thing when your environment suffers from it. The environment makes all things possible.
You don't think the environment suffers from building and maintaining wind-turbines and solar panels?

Of course those jobs, fuel and energy mean a great deal.
Voodoo

Chesapeake, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

If the coal miners were remotely educated on the reality of coal mining and what it does to the environment and less on four wheelers, camouflage and pickup trucks, then they could understand the politics of what Mudd has been saying for a long time. I'm not saying this to pizz off coal miners, but the majority of the miners today have the mindset of their fathers and Grand fathers.

“Pro Union - Enviro Vigilante”

Level 1

Since: Feb 12

Craigsville , WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

Voodoo wrote:
If the coal miners were remotely educated on the reality of coal mining and what it does to the environment and less on four wheelers, camouflage and pickup trucks, then they could understand the politics of what Mudd has been saying for a long time. I'm not saying this to pizz off coal miners, but the majority of the miners today have the mindset of their fathers and Grand fathers.
Yep ..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

37 Users are viewing the Summersville Forum right now

Search the Summersville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
hospital 9 min Doctor and a politician 16
Putin Is The Man 1 hr MyNameIsEarl 6
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 1 hr bacon hater 53,615
El Marachi Mexican Restaurant 1 hr MyNameIsEarl 2
Wilderness PSD sewer project 1 hr MyNameIsEarl 9
The good wife 1 hr MyNameIsEarl 20
coal miners wives 1 hr MyNameIsEarl 12
Pam Cline's Easy Way Out 15 hr Observer 43
•••
•••
•••
Summersville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••