lpn

Williamsburg, WV

#1 Mar 13, 2012
A friend of mine is going to be getting married soon and she does not want her fathers other half(step-mom) coming to the wedding. What should she say and do about this?
dookie

Hansford, WV

#2 Mar 13, 2012
HUMMMMMM How bout dont come to the wedding
duh

United States

#3 Mar 13, 2012
lpn wrote:
A friend of mine is going to be getting married soon and she does not want her fathers other half(step-mom) coming to the wedding. What should she say and do about this?
If she doesn't want to accept her dads marriage, he shouldnt give her that respect either.

Grow up, suck it up, and don't be nasty

Or elope
hardhead24

Somerville, TN

#4 Mar 16, 2012
I like your point duh. The bride to me sound selfish to me. Does she have a good reason behind not wanting her there?
nedra

Hansford, WV

#5 Mar 17, 2012
It's rude to keep the step mom away regardless of personal feelings.
Consequences

Princeton, WV

#6 Mar 17, 2012
It really depends on the reason, was the stepmom mean to the bride to be, do they have a poor relationship, etc. If she is paying for the wedding she can invite who she wants but she should keep in mind that excluding a (step)family member can cause hard feelings for a long time, and her father may not come. If her parent is paying for it she needs to suck it up and let the woman attend, or if this in not acceptable then do as "duh" said and elope.
just me

Chapmanville, WV

#7 Mar 19, 2012
grow up bride and think of other peoples feelings your dads maby be the big girl now and think about it put yourself in your stepmothers shoes you may have to wear those shoes someday youself,be happy i wish you all the best.
Citizen

United States

#8 Mar 19, 2012
It is the brides special day, no one else(except groom). She should invite or not invite whoever she wants, it is HER wedding. This should be a once in a lifetime experience and dont let it be ruined because someones feelings might be hurt. But you also must accept the consequences of that decision, the father might not come either and could be hurt feelings for a long time. Considering she doesnt want her at the wedding I am guessing those feelings will be there regardless of if she is or is not invited. This is one time in life I think it is completely acceptable to ignore everyone elses feelings and do what is best for you regardless of hurt feelings. Just my 2 cents.
kim

Hansford, WV

#9 Mar 19, 2012
If you don't want the step mom there, then don't invite your dad. Don't think I don't know how you feel. I had the same dilemma for good reasons. It's your wedding day, but there are other people's feelings involved besides yours. A wedding is for a day. The repercussions of your decisions will last a lifetime. 22 years later- the decisions concerning my wedding still affect my relationship with my dad. Don't be petty or selfish. It will come back to bite you!

Level 3

Since: Mar 12

summersville,wv.

#10 Mar 21, 2012
kim wrote:
If you don't want the step mom there, then don't invite your dad. Don't think I don't know how you feel. I had the same dilemma for good reasons. It's your wedding day, but there are other people's feelings involved besides yours. A wedding is for a day. The repercussions of your decisions will last a lifetime. 22 years later- the decisions concerning my wedding still affect my relationship with my dad. Don't be petty or selfish. It will come back to bite you!
Kim you are so right you only have your father for a little while and when he gone you will regret this all your life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Summersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gas prices the highest they’ve been in 3 years.... 19 min Casey 25
ABC for Nicholas County Board of Education 1 hr Wondering 8
I love Trump I’m a moron 3 hr TRUMP YOUR MOM 5
Summersville about to be overrun by pipeliners 4 hr Equally Bad 20
Firewood For Sale (Sep '11) 5 hr Tad 14
Sheriff 5 hr TRUMP YOUR MOM 24
2 in the pink 1 in the stink Tex? 5 hr Trump 7

Summersville Jobs

Personal Finance

Summersville Mortgages