what are the pros and cons in living ...

what are the pros and cons in living in west virginia

Posted in the Summersville Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
llll

Charleston, WV

#1 Feb 22, 2010
what do u think
hmm

Oakland, MD

#2 Feb 22, 2010
Pros- The beautiful scenery, knowing your neighbors, fishing and hunting.

Cons- The yucky snow in the winter! Everyone knowing your business before you even do.
wondering

Sistersville, WV

#3 Feb 22, 2010
pros..... quiet, less hazzle environment

cons...... must travel greater distances for shopping or cultural events
new comer

Charleston, WV

#4 Feb 22, 2010
The pros definitely has to be the enviroment you can live in here. You have so many choices at your finger tips. You can live literally in the middle of no where up a holler or in the middle of town.
Another pro would be "southern hospitality" People here take a minute out of their busy days to smell the roses and are very family oriented. but...I wish they didnt know everything about you.

The cons are the people, where I grew up people knew your business but, they weren't as rude about it as they are here. Here they are nice and sweet to your face but, behind your back they are b*tches. Where I'm from they are more upfront, if they don't like you, then they show it.
Another con would definitely be the drug use, drugs are everywhere but, its the types of drugs. In richer areas its just cock and weed but, here its pill snorting, meth, crack, etc. With that I would rather have someone next door to me growing pot then someone making meth.(Especially since a meth house can blow up skyhigh.)
new comer

Charleston, WV

#5 Feb 22, 2010
*coke
(lmfao)
livin in Wv

United States

#6 Feb 22, 2010
Just as good as livin ANYWHERE IN THE USA
BUT GOT The BEST SCENERY
Bacon

Spearsville, LA

#7 Feb 22, 2010
After watching all those home buyers shows on HGTV I would have to think the price of homes is a big pro. You see people in the cities buying a 2 bedroom home or a 800 sf apartment for $400,000. You can buy a heck of a home in WV for $400,000.
People

Summersville, WV

#8 Mar 10, 2010
Stupid Waco people
jsdjcbhSWKJVWJWN H

Dedham, MA

#9 Jul 22, 2013
HI
Born N Raised

Charleston, WV

#10 Jul 29, 2013
The pros: The scenery
The Cons: There isn't much to do.
Summary: If you want a dull isolated life then move to WV
Look

Saint Albans, WV

#11 Jul 29, 2013
Born N Raised wrote:
The pros: The scenery
The Cons: There isn't much to do.
Summary: If you want a dull isolated life then move to WV
More stuff to do than I have time for. What do u want to do that u can't do here?
Soooo

Ada, OH

#12 Jul 29, 2013
Pro's: Everything about living in this state is nice
phillip

Layland, WV

#13 Jul 30, 2013
Pro: its beautiful here
Pro: lots of things to do

Con: the winters here are horrible
Con: it seems like there are more druggies here then anywhere else.
Con: there are a lot of rude/trouble makers here.
Con: the schools here have gone down hill. The teachers here just don't have a passion to teach anymore.
fjde

Westerville, OH

#14 Nov 10, 2013
pro: the scenery
con: harsh winters
Roger

Nitro, WV

#15 Nov 10, 2013
If you know the right people you might end up with an imaginary position that pays pretty well for not a lot of effort outside of a little butt kissing. Oh yea nice scenery blah blah blah
okay

Bluefield, WV

#16 Nov 10, 2013
pros: beautiful scenery of course and lots of outdoors things to do such as hunting, swimming, hiking, bicycling, raising a garden

cons: jobs in general or jobs that don't pay enough so you have to live as cheap as possible or just live in your car and meth addicts problem is really bad
Roger

Nitro, WV

#17 Nov 10, 2013
Free high payin jobs with little or no qualifications, eh buddy. Oh yea great scenery blah blah blah
NCHS

United States

#18 Nov 11, 2013
Pro: the land, history and people
Con: the "tree tax", aka skilled wages that are 1/3 to 1/2 what they are elsewhere. This is the main reason why skilled workers leave.
Mrs n Mrs O

Chesapeake, VA

#19 Nov 11, 2013
WV is a beautiful State, the people there are great people, they are full of life and down to earth. If I were not settled here, WV would be my State of choice to settle. I have travled through WV numerous times and the scenery always appeals to me that I have to spend a day or two just to take it in. We have spent nights at the Greenbrieer, Hawksnest Park, the Northen part of your State. It is beautiful. You ask about the pros and cons! I did not find negatives about our trips to you State.
from somewhere else

Charleston, WV

#20 Nov 11, 2013
I've lived in a number of places and they all had pros and cons. I don't expect West Virginia to be perfect - I just like it for what it is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Summersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Usave hateful bitch 49 min Honestly 12
Senator Boso Is A Crook 16 hr Thanks daddy 15
Sasquatch spotted on rt.39 18 hr Meth is a hell of... 2
donnie bryant finally put away (Feb '13) 18 hr Doctor 33
jeana woods 21 hr Novice 1
Clean car auto and trading post Wed You know its true 8
Transgender Children Tue Eff off 27

Summersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance