#23 Feb 18, 2012
JV can beat varisty.
1 post removed
wow

Craigsville, WV

#25 Feb 18, 2012
geico gecko wrote:
<quoted text>
That narrows it down a bit; two possibilities.
And?????
coming back

Clendenin, WV

#26 Feb 27, 2012
yes, phipps will be returning as head basketball coach next year.
billy bob

Bluefield, WV

#27 Feb 27, 2012
o,my god what this school coming to can,t go any lower in the state. this makes me sick.
fan

United States

#28 Feb 27, 2012
Heyy phipps im so ashamed of what you did tonight, You tell the kids its a "TEAM" but its not your 5 starters did not win you the game to night. why didn't you just tell your other 5 players to stay home if you aint going to play them. I hope Mr.Fleming gets somebody in there that cares about a team not just 5.
fansss

United States

#29 Feb 27, 2012
wooooo would u looky their way to go phipps way to come out with a LOSS ucldnt win hahaha casuse you don't no when to change it up, switch kids in and nt just 30 seconds. The way you coached tonight i would reather puke on your shoes than watch you coach cause your so called starting 5 is so freakining amazeing NOT they were tired by the end of the 2nd half thats when it was time to change it up, but no your starting 5 is going to win it and them all. way to look at it as team jack@$$
billy bob

Bluefield, WV

#30 Feb 27, 2012
shame ,shame ,phipps i hope you see the boys faces tonight when you close your eyes how you hurt some of the players you did not care enuff about to play may you burn in hell......
X Athlete

Charleston, WV

#31 Feb 28, 2012
fan wrote:
Heyy phipps im so ashamed of what you did tonight, You tell the kids its a "TEAM" but its not your 5 starters did not win you the game to night. why didn't you just tell your other 5 players to stay home if you aint going to play them. I hope Mr.Fleming gets somebody in there that cares about a team not just 5.
The reason they are starters is because they are the best 5. If u want to play more learn to dribble, pass, rebound and shoot. Playing time is something u earn, u are not entitled to anything. U need to lose that welfare mentality, no one is going to give u anything.
Funny Guy

Charleston, WV

#32 Feb 28, 2012
fansss wrote:
wooooo would u looky their way to go phipps way to come out with a LOSS ucldnt win hahaha casuse you don't no when to change it up, switch kids in and nt just 30 seconds. The way you coached tonight i would reather puke on your shoes than watch you coach cause your so called starting 5 is so freakining amazeing NOT they were tired by the end of the 2nd half thats when it was time to change it up, but no your starting 5 is going to win it and them all. way to look at it as team jack@$$
Looks like you are a sub on a team with a losing record. That says alot about your ability. I don't know much about phipps but i do know its hard to make Chicken Salad out of Chicken Shit. If you want to play in the big game quit crying on your computer and get in the weight room. Or maybe you should just stick with cross country.
billy bob

Bluefield, WV

#33 Feb 28, 2012
PHIPPYS ,did baseball,socker ,football win you the game last night/ it takes more than your five ball hogers to win a game.
nchs

Bluefield, WV

#34 Feb 28, 2012
I come to the game last night to see if what i have been hearing was true about you just playing five boys and lossing so many games i was so surprised see you acting in this way so sad .
Student

Charleston, WV

#35 Feb 28, 2012
billy bob wrote:
PHIPPYS ,did baseball,socker ,football win you the game last night/ it takes more than your five ball hogers to win a game.
U should change your name from billy bob to SPECIAL ED. Because i am sure u were in the special ed program in school, before u dropped out.
fans

United States

#36 Feb 28, 2012
Heyy student what does the name have to dill with?
john01

Summersville, WV

#37 Feb 28, 2012
So what did Phipps do to these kids I'm not understanding clearly?
Former NCHS starter

Front Royal, VA

#38 Feb 28, 2012
The process for choosing a coach has to be changed by the board of education. There must also be some evaluation criteria for the coach each year and a means by which to deal with continuing issues, ie being able to fire him for poor performance! That's the only way to fix it. I was on a team where the entire starting 5 had to quit the team to get rid of a terrible coach! It was a terrible thing, but it benefited those who played after us.
bill bob

Bluefield, WV

#39 Feb 28, 2012
I HAD 3.8 and i just hate to see the team loss so many games this year it sad to have played for this scool and know it could do so much more.
1 post removed
PaganPoet

Orange, VA

#41 Feb 28, 2012
parents wrote:
Heyy by the way Phipps your asistant coach he set behind you at the game to day at the civic center and just laoughed the whole game. Just thought i would let you no. HAHAHAHAHA
Just a note to you - when you begin three consecutive (that means three in a row) posts the same and all are misspelled with horrible grammar, it doesn't matter that you've changed your name. Intelligent people realize it's the same person. Just sayin'
PaganPoet

Orange, VA

#42 Feb 28, 2012
Looks like every one of these posts is by the same person. Sour grapes, maybe? You're making it sound like a GAME is really something important, something life-changing. News Flash! It's not - it's a game. People win. People lose. Have you considered the fact that the coach just might have a crappy team this year? It happens.
Players

Lewisburg, WV

#43 Feb 28, 2012
One of their best players parent made him quit cause he was being benched and Andrew Ray was starting. Sad, I was standing in the office when she told him off. At least she stood up to him.
please clarify

Lewisburg, WV

#44 Feb 28, 2012
Someone please clarify as to whether a student may participate in practice if he is absent from school that day if they bring a doctors note. I heard this is being investigated as well not by the school or county but whoever oversees high school bball in the state. I am assuming that the county asked for his "resignation" after the gilmer County incident? I can't for a second seeing them let him coach next year, hes a liability. If his temper gets out of hand and he throws or slams something and hits a child or someone in the crowd the county will be libel, or. God forbid if he is abusive to a child. They knew he had anger issues he couldn't control and they allowed him to continue to coach, and it especially looks terrible due to the fact they didn't even make him complete his disciplinary action. He somehow got them to allow him to coach after only one game suspension. Hes a walking lawsuit waiting to happen. Allowing kids to play after they have been absent is just one more thing to add to the fire. I'm quite certain this is against policy. But what do you expect the kid is terrible and has more turnovers by himself than the other four starters together, lets get a coach that recognizes talent not a last name.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Summersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ray is a liar 10 min Truth hurts 1
Hillary for President! 1 hr Honest Abe 96
bob evans 4 hr Bubba 2
Srmc ha 4 hr Reward 65
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 5 hr mzrevenge 1,385
Richwood River Rats 15 hr Homer 12
Does anyone remember?? (Jun '12) Thu Customer 8

Summersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance