First Prev
of 2
Next Last
So wrong

United States

#1 Dec 24, 2011
I think the police of Nicholas County need to start cracking down on the underage drinking in this county. An they need to punish not only the underage drinkers, but as well the ones that furnish the alcohol to them.
Also they need to crack down on drinking & driving. I can name several underage kids that drive drunk & of age people that drive drunk, but I will not name them. An yes I have filed a report of drinking & driving.
What would you do or how would you feel if one of these people hit you or one of your loved ones? Or even possibly kill one of your family members?
citizen

Daniels, WV

#2 Dec 24, 2011
I agree with you 100%. Driving drunk needs to stop, and also the under age drinking, and them driving. Get them off the roads, also get all the drug heads off the street, and never let them out
Heart like Mine

Huntington, IN

#3 Dec 24, 2011
Underage Drinking is dangerous and unnecessary. There are better things for the young ones to do.

Merry Christmas!
Adults

United States

#4 Dec 24, 2011
I don't believe in young teens drinking but if someone is over 18 then they're technically an adult.
Heart like Mine

Huntington, IN

#5 Dec 24, 2011
Adults wrote:
I don't believe in young teens drinking but if someone is over 18 then they're technically an adult.
Agree
Citizen

United States

#6 Dec 24, 2011
Adults wrote:
They are still "technically" breaking the law. Party on and Merry Christmas to all.
Heart like Mine

Huntington, IN

#7 Dec 24, 2011
Please provide the one of the following:
1.High school diploma
2. Military Identification
3. Current checkstub from present employer
Including a drivers liscence stating you are above the age of 18 but under the age of 21.
You will be rewarded with permit to indulge in alcoholic consumption, with a hope* one can make conscience and mature decisions, with relation to being on an adult level.
May not apply to all.
Drink Responsibly.
New Sign. Just made it. A Christmas present from Me to You. Lol! Merry Christmas & Stay Safe!
Alexandria

United States

#8 Dec 26, 2011
I completely agree. It isn't only underage drinking though. People who are over 21 are also drinking and driving. They need to have more check points and they should stop posting when and where they'll be in the newspaper. People read that, avoid those roads and avoid getting arrested.
When it comes to underage drinkers though it's really about the parents and other adult figures in their lives. If they're going to allow the kids to drink at their house they should NOT be allowed to leave. I know that it is illegal to give alcohol to someone underage but allowing them to drink at home, while supervised, is smarter than risking them going to a friends house and drinking unsupervised.
Kids also need to be taught more in school on the dangers of drinking and driving. I remember in school they had that mock car wreck around prom and that was the ONLY thing they taught us about drunk driving. It slightly helped but in the end everyone was alive and okay. It wasn't real. They should show videos, real videos, of the damage that can happen. Scare some sense into them. If they're old enough to drink then they're old enough to see the consequences.
So wrong

Thurmont, MD

#9 Dec 27, 2011
They should bust up the underage drinking and partying at places like pine run, panther mountain, etc. There a lot of underage drinking at those parties too, as well as contributing to minors by people over the age of 21.
I agree they should not post when they are having checkpoints.
a concerned parent

Bluefield, WV

#10 Feb 2, 2012
there is so much under age drinking in the nicholas county school system, the kids are barely being punished, they just kick kids out of school for 5 days and their back, at times there is no consequences.
there has been numerous drugs and alcohol incidents in the school system it is completely ridiculous.im sorry but the staff of these schools need to pay more attention to these kids and there should be consequences!
Big Country

Canton, OH

#11 Feb 2, 2012
And none of you drank underage? Lol give me a break! I dont think anybody should drink honestly... it is the worst most destructive drug there is (legal or ilegal). That said people are free to do as they wish as long as they dont hurt anybody. What gets me though is how almost everbody drank b4 they were 21 ... now the same ppl want to talk about how its wrong. My personal view is a bunch of 16 year olds drinking at a house is WAYYYY better and more responsible than 40 year olds drinking at the bar and driving home. The ladder happens literally everyday everywhere
a concerned parent

Bluefield, WV

#12 Feb 2, 2012
.i mean come on drinkin in school, what are they gonna do next start sellin moonshine, beer, drugs, and tobacco in school snack machines next? moonshine has been what most of the high schoolers got caught with at school and they arent being punished!
the board of education dont care if these kids drink the way it seems.
a kid with an opinion

Bluefield, WV

#13 Feb 2, 2012
i do know as a fact that the school system needs to step up and look at what the kids are doing. so many kids deal and do drugs at school and some kids have started brining alcohol in bottles and i think it is completely stupid and senseless to be doing this at school. the staff sees kids stumbling and act like nothings wrong. they also see kids chewing and other things and hardly ever say anything, im sorry nicholas county board but you really need to step up and see whats going on in your schools.
agree

Summersville, WV

#14 Feb 2, 2012
a concerned parent wrote:
there is so much under age drinking in the nicholas county school system, the kids are barely being punished, they just kick kids out of school for 5 days and their back, at times there is no consequences.
there has been numerous drugs and alcohol incidents in the school system it is completely ridiculous.im sorry but the staff of these schools need to pay more attention to these kids and there should be consequences!
we need a "real" principal at the sms who is going to be a principal to these kids, not their "friend"
a concerned parent

Bluefield, WV

#15 Feb 3, 2012
agree wrote:
<quoted text>
we need a "real" principal at the sms who is going to be a principal to these kids, not their "friend"
i agree to that too but the high school is ten times worse than that but the board at needs to step up and punish kids because they dont get in trouble for drinking or drugs!!!!!
Yup

Sierra Vista, AZ

#16 Feb 3, 2012
Uhhh hellooooo parents, why don't YOU do something to your children...where are they getting all of their booze? You're telling me your kids come home smelling like a bar, stoned off their ass's and you want the BOE to do something about it? You're all ridiculous.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#17 Feb 3, 2012
LOL!!! It's the school system's fault?? LOL!!!
It's the police officers' faults?? LOL!!!
It's the principal's fault?? LOL!!!
Are you people serious??
IT'S THE PARENTS FAULTS!!!
To the person who said there's no consequences. What would you suggest?? A public hanging on the courthouse steps?? Start charging the parents for these types of actions of their children and I bet they learn to be better parents real quick and in a hurry.
These teachers, principals and police officers weren't hired to raise your children.......they were hired to teach them. It's your jobs to raise them.
Debbie

Chesapeake, VA

#18 Feb 3, 2012
agree wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me rephrase this for you! We need "REAL" parents at home who is going to be parents to these kids, and not their "friend". You parents teach your kids right at home, you won't have to worry about them drinking and taking dope at school. If you want the principals and teachers to raise your children, then you shopuld adopt them out to parents who can protect them.
lol

Summersville, WV

#19 Feb 3, 2012
it's people like debbie who end up with a kid doing just the same exact thing. so be careful what you say debbie, ya never know. if they don't get it from home they will get it from other kids at school.
i agree

Bluefield, WV

#20 Feb 3, 2012
underage drinking has become a real problem . Some kids get in real trouble others are overlooked .What happened to one set of rules for all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Summersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Usave hateful bitch 49 min Honestly 12
Senator Boso Is A Crook 16 hr Thanks daddy 15
Sasquatch spotted on rt.39 18 hr Meth is a hell of... 2
donnie bryant finally put away (Feb '13) 18 hr Doctor 33
jeana woods 21 hr Novice 1
Clean car auto and trading post Wed You know its true 8
Transgender Children Tue Eff off 27

Summersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance