First Prev
of 4
Next Last
wondering

Bridgeport, WV

#1 Dec 4, 2012
Just wondering why everyone was laid of at the park ??? What will happen to it now....just getting to look like a park once again. Sad
Johnson Rod

Arlington, VA

#2 Dec 4, 2012
What park? The trailer park?
wondering

Bridgeport, WV

#3 Dec 4, 2012
veterans park in summersville
the usual

Bronx, NY

#4 Dec 4, 2012
I think that's something that is typical of the park in the winter, isn't it? I heard they were running low on funds, too.
1 post removed
tom

Charleston, WV

#6 Dec 5, 2012
they will be more to come under obama administration. sad whats going to happen to country
Citizen

United States

#7 Dec 5, 2012
tom wrote:
they will be more to come under obama administration. sad whats going to happen to country
Tell that to the thousand or so miners that just got hired, and with Obama as president.LOL. What is sad is having to listen to people whine about Obama for 4 more years.
1 post removed
Sad

Huntington, WV

#9 Dec 6, 2012
When did this happen? They just had the wagon ride last week for the opening night of the lights. Seems like you would think they could budget for employees. That's just sad. Especially this time of year.
Lily

United States

#10 Dec 6, 2012
That place has been a mess for years and now that it was finally turning around and looking great this happens.
wondering

Bridgeport, WV

#11 Dec 6, 2012
park board should be made to explain to the public when just last month in the paper they had the budget approved and sounded like everything was ok.
I know seasonal employees are laid off in the winter, but everyone including the manager ???
Citizen

United States

#12 Dec 6, 2012
tom wrote:
they will be more to come under obama administration. sad whats going to happen to country
WASHINGTON (Reuters)- The net wealth of U.S. households rose in the third quarter to its highest since late 2007, providing a hopeful sign for future consumer spending.

Net financial wealth grew $1.72 trillion to $64.77 trillion, the Federal Reserve said on Thursday.

Republican: Obama is president, we are all doomed.
Democrat: The facts and figures seem to show the country rebounding from GWB's mess.
Republican: Facts? What are those? Fox says Obama is bad so I will continue ranting about him regardless of these so called facts. LOL
the usual

Bronx, NY

#13 Dec 6, 2012
wondering wrote:
park board should be made to explain to the public when just last month in the paper they had the budget approved and sounded like everything was ok.
I know seasonal employees are laid off in the winter, but everyone including the manager ???
It explains it in the newspaper and in the minutes of the meetings. And if that doesn't suffice, then you should absolutely go to a meeting.
Rae

Bronx, NY

#14 Dec 6, 2012
Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>WASHINGTON (Reuters)- The net wealth of U.S. households rose in the third quarter to its highest since late 2007, providing a hopeful sign for future consumer spending.
Net financial wealth grew $1.72 trillion to $64.77 trillion, the Federal Reserve said on Thursday.
Republican: Obama is president, we are all doomed.
Democrat: The facts and figures seem to show the country rebounding from GWB's mess.
Republican: Facts? What are those? Fox says Obama is bad so I will continue ranting about him regardless of these so called facts. LOL
That's about right! Fox News has everyone glued to the ignorance....but if Fox News said it, it has to be true. It was on the news!
reality

Bronx, NY

#15 Dec 7, 2012
The reality is that a budget can be put in place but it needs to be followed. Maybe it wasn't. It seems they always have problems around this time of year. No functions in the park this time of year. The county commission doesn't give them a lot of money. And it seems to be worse in recent years.
wondering

Fairmont, WV

#16 Dec 7, 2012
It explains it in the newspaper and in the minutes of the meetings. And if that doesn't suffice, then you should absolutely go to a meeting.

Special meeting ----- closed to everyone. No one knows what was said or who actually attended this meeting. Maybe you can explain that!
wondering

Fairmont, WV

#17 Dec 7, 2012
above was directed to "the usual" comment
reality

United States

#18 Dec 7, 2012
wondering wrote:
It explains it in the newspaper and in the minutes of the meetings. And if that doesn't suffice, then you should absolutely go to a meeting.

Special meeting ----- closed to everyone. No one knows what was said or who actually attended this meeting. Maybe you can explain that!
It says in the newspaper who attended, doesn't it. And you would discuss personnel in a closed meeting.
Lurker

Huntington, WV

#19 Dec 7, 2012
Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>WASHINGTON (Reuters)- The net wealth of U.S. households rose in the third quarter to its highest since late 2007, providing a hopeful sign for future consumer spending.
Net financial wealth grew $1.72 trillion to $64.77 trillion, the Federal Reserve said on Thursday.
Republican: Obama is president, we are all doomed.
Democrat: The facts and figures seem to show the country rebounding from GWB's mess.
Republican: Facts? What are those? Fox says Obama is bad so I will continue ranting about him regardless of these so called facts. LOL
You realize that just means they printed more money
Citizen

United States

#20 Dec 7, 2012
Lurker wrote:
<quoted text>
You realize that just means they printed more money
Your grade for economics 101:FAIL. Better to be silent and thought the fool than open your mouth and prove it. Turn off Fox and take a economics class, at least read a book so you dont sound so foolish.
Lurker

Huntington, WV

#21 Dec 7, 2012
Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>Your grade for economics 101:FAIL. Better to be silent and thought the fool than open your mouth and prove it. Turn off Fox and take a economics class, at least read a book so you dont sound so foolish.
Lol ok enlighten me where did the new wealth come from
wondering

Fairmont, WV

#22 Dec 7, 2012
what does that have to do with the topic? By the way it was a closed (to everyone) meeting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Summersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Protest March Planned on Nile Road 40 min Truth Mosely 1
how is Nikki petrey doing 2 hr jealousy 7
Local Police Officers Giving 'Hugs' instead of ... 3 hr susie 2
I think im being poisoned (Jul '13) 6 hr Husband 72
cheating spouses 8 hr Willie 21
Bill Cosby Coming to Summersville Arena 11 hr Been there 8
Guys with big sticks 12 hr Curious 1
Summersville Dating
Find my Match

Summersville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Summersville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Summersville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:56 pm PST

NBC Sports 1:56PM
William Gay is one away from pick-6 record
Bleacher Report 5:29 PM
Hawkins' Statements Prove Life Has Place in NFL
Bleacher Report 7:30 PM
Crucial Matchups in Steelers' Contest vs. KC
Bleacher Report 4:08 AM
What Happened to Bell and the Steelers Rushing Attack?
NFL 6:58 AM
Dez Bryant's big night headlines Week 15's awards