did someone jump off the meadow river...

did someone jump off the meadow river bridge?

Posted in the Summersville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
CONCERNED

United States

#1 May 25, 2011
DID THEY?
nchs grad

Sterling, VA

#2 May 25, 2011
CONCERNED wrote:
DID THEY?
I hope so.

That is a stunt that should have been done years ago.

Since: Mar 11

Marietta, GA

#3 May 25, 2011
In the 1950s many of my friends and I jumped off the Medow River Bridge (the Old Bridge). When I was around 10 I jumped off the bridge when the Meadow River was up and raging (in the late spring). I was pulled under and almost drowned - fortunately, I was washed into backwater where the river makes a slight turn at Bud O'Dell's old store and service station.
I also used to jump and dive off the top of the cliff at the "40 foot hole" at Anglins Creek.
There was never a double dog dare I didn't respond to.
Durr

Charleston, WV

#4 May 25, 2011
a family of four jumped off the bridge today, such a tragedy pray for the family
concerned

Itmann, WV

#5 May 25, 2011
Does anyone know who these people were?????
Haha

Oak Hill, WV

#6 May 25, 2011
Stephen G Morris wrote:
In the 1950s many of my friends and I jumped off the Medow River Bridge (the Old Bridge). When I was around 10 I jumped off the bridge when the Meadow River was up and raging (in the late spring). I was pulled under and almost drowned - fortunately, I was washed into backwater where the river makes a slight turn at Bud O'Dell's old store and service station.
I also used to jump and dive off the top of the cliff at the "40 foot hole" at Anglins Creek.
There was never a double dog dare I didn't respond to.
Your awesome man!
cconcered

United States

#7 May 25, 2011
Durr wrote:
a family of four jumped off the bridge today, such a tragedy pray for the family
Is there really any TRUTH to this? God, I hope not.
wondering

Princeton, WV

#8 May 26, 2011
Haven't seen it on the news yet. This is just a little too much drama if there is no truth to it. Why would someone start something like this if it's not true? I guess for the same reason that they start all of the other topix drama.
NYNY

Chesterfield, MO

#9 May 26, 2011
Is that the bridge n the middle of rainelle?
Good Gracious

Princeton, WV

#10 May 26, 2011
NYNY wrote:
Is that the bridge n the middle of rainelle?
No, it's the one on the Nicholas/Fayette County border that was named for a guy that worked for Jan Care Ambulance that was killed on it. If that's the one they are talking about, but evidently it's a hoax because nothing has ever been confirmed.
meanmeljean

Warfordsburg, PA

#11 May 26, 2011
Is it the Kevin Ritchie Memorial Bridge? not sure
hmm

Oak Hill, WV

#12 May 26, 2011
Good Gracious wrote:
<quoted text>No, it's the one on the Nicholas/Fayette County border that was named for a guy that worked for Jan Care Ambulance that was killed on it. If that's the one they are talking about, but evidently it's a hoax because nothing has ever been confirmed.
Neither was that suicide that happened either. That was true though but it hasn't been on the news or nothing.
citizen

United States

#13 May 26, 2011
Yes it was the kevin ritchie bridge. Does anyone know the names of the people?
CITIZEN

United States

#14 May 26, 2011
If this is a joke who ever started it is one sick [email protected]....
hmmmmmmm

Princeton, WV

#15 May 26, 2011
If this is the case, why wouldn't it be on the news or else someone know absolutely for sure.
Citizen

United States

#16 May 26, 2011
I heard it was Billy Joe McAllister
pisser

Nitro, WV

#17 May 26, 2011
maria lovoew
lol

Oak Hill, WV

#18 May 26, 2011
pisser wrote:
maria lovoew
hey pisser go PISS ON YOURSELF
pisser

Nitro, WV

#19 May 26, 2011
now why did you say that?
Durr

Washington, WV

#20 May 26, 2011
I am on the fire dept. I helped recover the bodies. dont know why it wasn't on the news, but it IS true

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Summersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
j.r.?? (Jan '16) 51 min Jon boys cuz 14
john boy bickford 1 hr Jon boys cuz 11
Hillary for President! 2 hr Beast 78
aleigha auxier 3 hr dontlikeher 17
Srmc ha 3 hr wonder why 63
anyone know april evans (Jan '12) 4 hr Me again 113
wayne taylor 5 hr greg 1

Summersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance