Is the bow shop still open by big lots?

Posted in the Summersville Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Tommy

Charleston, WV

#1 Dec 14, 2011
Is the now shop by big lots still open? Or did they go out of business?
Tommy

Charleston, WV

#2 Dec 14, 2011
Bow shop*
citizen

Charleston, WV

#3 Dec 14, 2011
it was
Tommy

Charleston, WV

#4 Dec 15, 2011
Did it shut down?
1 post removed
the way it is

Liberty, WV

#6 Dec 15, 2011
If true, I hate to see another small business go under.

This is what happens when you shop online and at your large chain department stores.

Instead of supporting local businesses, money is spent elsewhere because of convenience and perceived savings, thus driving family owned stores and niche, boutique shops out of business.

Did you ever wonder why downtown S'ville is starting to become more like downtown Richwood? Thank Walmart.
GeeWhiz

Bluefield, WV

#7 Dec 15, 2011
That guy that took over the bow shop was from Fayette county, so I guess he really doesn't care what our local hunters needs are. That place has been around for years! Our family always depended on it for Christmas gifts, cause it was always easy to shop for the guys in the family.
Tommy

Charleston, WV

#8 Dec 17, 2011
So it did shut down?
Rollo

Bluefield, WV

#9 Dec 18, 2011
Tommy wrote:
So it did shut down?
Wouldn't you think the guy that owns the place would at least put a closed til further notice sign or closed for good sign on it?? He did take down the closed through hunting season one down. I've been there 2 or 3 times to try to get some Christmas presents, but I guess that's not gonna happen!
billy

Oak Hill, WV

#10 Dec 18, 2011
much better things in beckley now his prices were way to high and anything he had you could buy at walmart alot cheaper
fukem

United States

#11 Dec 18, 2011
I'm all about supporting small businesses, but the prices there were way too high.
Tommy

Charleston, WV

#12 Dec 19, 2011
Well I hope they are just sick and haven't been in
corrction

Ottawa, WV

#13 Dec 19, 2011
fukem wrote:
I'm all about supporting small businesses, but the prices there were way too high.
You cant have small businesses unless you are willing to pay
more and the small business must provide better service to make up the cost difference, as a society we must decide which we value more. If price is the most important thing we will have all stuff made overseas and sold by wal-mart or a similar big box store which of course is an unsustainable course, but in all reality thats where we are headed as a country
Tom

Summersville, WV

#14 Dec 19, 2011
corrction wrote:
<quoted text>
You cant have small businesses unless you are willing to pay
more and the small business must provide better service to make up the cost difference, as a society we must decide which we value more. If price is the most important thing we will have all stuff made overseas and sold by wal-mart or a similar big box store which of course is an unsustainable course, but in all reality thats where we are headed as a country
What was the person's name that ran the shop and where did he live????
1 post removed
I Know But

Bluefield, WV

#16 Dec 19, 2011
fukem wrote:
Yeah, but no one around could work on a bow like the guy in that shop. No one else around here knows diddly squat about workin on 'em. Other shops would work on them and screw them up and had to bring them to the Archery Shop to get them fixed right. I know from experience, believe me.
billy

Oak Hill, WV

#17 Dec 19, 2011
yea i went in there to buy a bow no one would help me so i went down to bass and buck great guys down there they know how to work on a bow and they were very nice guys glad they are there
Hope

Summersville, WV

#18 Dec 21, 2011
I think Johnson's Sporting goods has bows.
BULLSEYE

Charleston, WV

#19 Jan 9, 2012
Dwayne Moore had the archery shop and he put the screws to alot of people!! He did have the best tech in the county and fired him to cover up his mistakes because he didnt know how to run a business that had been there 4 20 yrs!!!! So u tell me!!! I do know there is a new shop going in 2 doors down called the archers den! Theres a sign n the window now!!
Mike

Charleston, WV

#20 Jan 9, 2012
Well Moore owes me some money.... He better not ever let me see him out...
HuH

Kenna, WV

#21 Jan 9, 2012
BULLSEYE wrote:
Dwayne Moore had the archery shop and he put the screws to alot of people!! He did have the best tech in the county and fired him to cover up his mistakes because he didnt know how to run a business that had been there 4 20 yrs!!!! So u tell me!!! I do know there is a new shop going in 2 doors down called the archers den! Theres a sign n the window now!!
You sure told the truth on that one!! I'd say a lot of people will be suing him for their money that he has and the bows they paid for and never got. Yeah, it was easy for him to "shift the blame" over to his employee, when everyone knows that isn't true! Everytime someone asks for their money or merchandise, he starts blaming someone else, that is if they can ever get a hold of him! Karma will bite him in the butt for what he has done with his greed. Shame on him!!!
Owes me a bow also

Summersville, WV

#22 Jan 9, 2012
Mike wrote:
Well Moore owes me some money.... He better not ever let me see him out...
I just spoke with Dwayne Moore on his cell and he is selling out to the guy opening the new shop 2 doors down..He said he would refund my money or have the new guy order my bow.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Summersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Need a male around age of 23-33 yrs for 3Sum! 1 hr Look Look 3
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 2 hr Caring 4,303
Big lots 17 hr bathroom skank 4
Walmart electric outages and bad food Mon person 2
Sleeping Naked (Mar '17) Mon Free 15
Tudors and ginos Sun Witness 10
Emily Odell Nov 19 Just me 2

Summersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance